Maxall 15gal, I think. (damned Imperial measures!) - Your Tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Your Tanks

XIV.jpg
User Maxall
Size 15gal, I think. (damned Imperial measures!)
Date Started May 2008
Lighting
Equipment AquaOne cannister filter, air pump and tube/stone.
CO2 None.
Substrate Black fine gravel.
Parameters
Fertilization Flourish, once weekly.
Plants Sprigs of Sword Plant (colloquialisation, I'm afraid) 2 x Hairgrass 1 x unknown, thrown at me for free by my supplier when I spent a ridiculous amount on fish recently (honestly, he only wants me for my money).
Inhabitants 7 x Bumblebee Gobies 1 x Sailfin Plecostomus 1 x Leopard Frog Plecostomus 1 x Schwartzi Corydora 2 x female Bettas 4 x Boesemani Rainbowfish 3 x Emperor tetras 8 x Harlequin Rasboras
Comments This is my current pride and joy. I have an addition to plecostomus, so this was going to be a cat-only tank, but it grew on me. I haven't owned Bettas for years but again, the ones I have now just grew on me. This is my photo-guinea-pig tank. I'm a photographer and although I'm based in portraiture, this tank is excellent macro practice. This is also the tank I end up watching for hours on end without realising it...
Profile Views 365

Mark F.

Your Avatar
Did you ever find out the names of your plant species, and did you ever de-pot what appears to be Laeliopsis? I'm especially curious about the plant you have rooted to driftwood - the rhizome appears to be that of some sort of anubias, but the leaves look more like Cryptocorene lutea. I've heard that crypts can be rooted to wood, but haven't seen it done much, and presume that only certain species will take well to the epiphyte life-style. You certainly have an interesting combination of inhabitants as well - might you know the species name for the "Leopard Frog Pleco"? Pretty cool.