The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 121 Results
  1. Tank Journals
    I've been in the hobby for a bit over a year now and what started as an attempt at a grade 7 ecosystem project for my students turned into multiple planted tanks and a few different breeding projects. I'd like to keep a record of my tanks and breeding projects here. I am am an aquatic biologist...
  2. Tank Journals
    I am going to record my journey related to breeding and raising some albino Corydoras and Celestial Pearl Danios. Since my Cory’s began spawning in my planted display tank, I have been collecting their eggs and trying to raise the young but have not yet been successful raising fry. I also wanted...
  3. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi guys, I am in love with caradina shrimp, and have probably spent more on them, then I would like to admit. Both in terms of research time, and money. My issue is that the KH of tank is not decreasing, and I have tried everything. I need help!!! Tank: 4ft 220l Planted 3 - 9L bags of ADA...
  4. Fish
    Hi I have several ricefish with eggs hanging off their body. All throughout the day they stay there and don't get deposited on my plants. I have a heavily planted tank so lack of plants is not an issue. I thought they lay their eggs in the mornings? What's going on here?
  5. Fish
    Hi everyone I’ve got a group of these and I was wondering if anyone else has any blue fin tipped males? I’ve noticed 1 out of my 3 fully developed males has stunning turquoise/light blue tipped pectoral fins when ur catches the light. but my other males have a much yellower colour, could the...
  6. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi, I’m relatively new to the shrimp-keeping hobby, so I’m definitely inexperienced. I have an 8.75 G planted tank with 9 Bloody Mary shrimp, 3 Mystery Snails, and a LOT of pest snails (which I don’t mind). I’ve had the tank for about 4 months and have had the shrimp for around 3, and I saw one...
  7. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi, Is the Snowball shrimp line stable enough that there are never or very rarely any throw backs to the wild form? I don't mind shades of white or opacity. I just don't want to need a cull tank for wild-looking shrimplets. Anyone with any experience in keeping a snowball colony going--can...
  8. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi Guys; Was into planted tanks 6 years ago, had six tanks, but was to busy so I stopped. I am thinking of starting small shrimp breeding tank. Two Aquael Shrimp Set Smart LED - 10 Litres One Fluval Flex Aquarium kit - 123Liters Eheim Vivaline 126 - 126 liter I am thinking of going with...
  9. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I have quite a few blue velvets, and I've noticed that in all of the pictures of small aquarium shrimp that I've seen, I've never actually seen a purple variation. I know the basics of color say that red and blue make purple, but I also know that red cherry shrimp and blue velvet will make...
  10. Herp (Reptiles and Amphibians)
    Hello wonderful people! Anyone who has kept multiple African Dwarf Frogs will probably understand the annoyance that is sexing them. I tried and tried to find mature frogs, but every store, online and in-person, sold them as babies, meaning I couldn't sex them until AFTER I bought them and had...
  11. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Does anyone know if you can breed an Orange shrimp with a Green Jade? I also have a Black Rose, didn't know if that could also be a candidate. I haven't been able to find much information on the cross-breed, or even if anyone has done it. I know the Green Jade shrimp originally came from Orange...
  12. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I'm working to stock a 29g planted community tank and have been contemplating adding shrimp for a while now. Currently, there are aout 15 MTS, a bunch of ramshorn and bladder snails, 2 nerites, a mystery snail, a school or corys (6), and a school of lambchop rasboras (8). The plants...
  13. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I have an odd question for you guys. So, I have a 150 gallon axolotl tank with a matching sump (it was originally a reef tank, so it's got all the bells and whistles). I would like to breed crystal red and dream blue shrimp as food/also display animals in other areas. Obviously a breeding colony...
  14. Fish
    I noticed the angels were super aggressive last night. Found these little guys today. I never had any intention on breeding, but while keeping the eggs/fry to term isn't a priority, I'm also not interested in going out of my way to destroy them. Getting another tank is out of the question...
  15. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I've had ghost shrimp reproduce in my tanks before, but have never noticed this... My females appear to be producing the little green eggs where I would think their brains would be. Is this how their egg production starts? Anyone with more experience breeding shrimp, please advise.
  16. Fish
    Hello, about a week ago I added a male pearl gourami to the tank of my female and for some reason did not consider they would breed. Now, she is gravid, and I don't have the accommodations to care for the fry. If I remove her from the tank, will she reabsorb the eggs? Would a local chain store...
  17. New Member Introductions
    Hi, I just wanted to tell you guys a weird story that happened many years ago. We had a few serpae tetras, one of which kept getting fatter. Instead of laying eggs, one day the tetra was dead, the belly ripped open, and 1 baby fish was swimming around. Perhaps a cm long. No eggs, no other...
  18. Fish
    Quick question, do apistogrammas gain more color/patterning with age? I ordered a young pair of triple reds and am wondering if the male will gain more coloring and patterning as he matures. They are a little over an inch right now, here's some photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/dBv3enRzhUwh8AqC7...
  19. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi, So my Amano gave birth to one zillion healthy looking larvae. I need to transfer them to brackish water, but I have no idea how to make those water. I read that salinity of anywhere between 20-32 is OK. But can I just take tap\RO water and add table salt? epsom salt? or do I need to buy a...
1-19 of 121 Results