The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 24 Results
  1. Fish
    My ADA 60-F (60x30x25) is coming soon and I'd like some input. I think my envisioned options are modest enough for a 45 liter tank. The back third of the tank will be planted and divided from the rest of the tank with some rockwork and the rest will be very small (0,5 mm) rounded gravel. For...
  2. Tank Journals
    Tank: Mr. Aqua 12 Gallon Long (Dimensions: 35.4" x 8.3" x 9.4") Lighting: Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus 36" Filtration: Eheim 2215 Substrate: Fluval Plant and Shrimp Stratum, 17.6-Pound Hardscape: Seiryu Stone Flora: HC Cuba, Mini Pellia Final Hardscape Lazy Dry Start Method...
  3. Aquascaping
    This is my first attempt at seriously trying to create a really nice aquascape and I'm looking for some feedback/suggestions on how to improve on what I have so far. This tank is so narrow (Dimensions: 35.4" x 8.3" x 9.4") it's been challenging trying to create a sense of depth in it. I'm...
  4. Tank Journals
    So this will be my first tank build journal, or attempt at one haha. Since I'm starting classes tomorrow, I'm not sure how often I'll be able to update, but I'll try my best. I recently received a Mr. Aqua 12G Long as a Christmas present. It took a couple of weeks, but today, I finally got...
  5. Lighting
    Hi, I recently received a Mr. Aqua 12G Long tank as a present and am trying to find a good LED light fixture for it. I've never used LEDs before; I've just been running some clamp lights and CFL/ Florescent bulbs on my previous tanks. Some advice will be much appreciated! So far, I'm leaning...
  6. General Planted Tank Discussion
    What's up everybody! Hopefully I've come to the right place to get my questions answered! Here's my setup: Aquamaxx 12 gallon long 6L ADA soil powder type 2L ADA power sand ADA tourmaline bc, Bacter 100, Clear super Current Satalite freshwater LED plus Eheim 2215 canister filter Hydor 240...
  7. Tank Journals
    This tank has been set up for about 5 months now but I wanted to post a picture of it because I will be taking it down next month once I move. So I wanted to immortalize the tank online. Equipment tank: Mr. Aqua 12g light: Finnex 24/7 36" filter: Ehiem 2211 Co2: presurized 20lb tank, Custom...
  8. Fish
    Does anyone think its possible to house a pair of GBR in a Mr. Aqua 12 gallon long? I know a 12 Gal Cube wouldnt work but with the extra swimming room I would think it would improve the chances.
  9. Tank Journals
    Aquarium Aquatop high clarity 12 gallon long Filtration and Circulation Eheim 2232 Subtrat pro Purigen Eheim 1250 with custom intake Lighting Current Satellite Plus Pro Photoperiod: 11:00 - 22:00 LED settings Red: 100 Green: 50 Blue: 100 White: 100 Substrate ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia...
  10. Fish
    Hey all! I'm looking for online fish stores other than petco and live aquaria. Im looking for White Cloud Mountain Minnows. In particular Long fin and not gold. Also WCMM be ok with dwarf gourami, tetras, pygmy cory cats, and plecos right? and would there be any type of shrimp that will be ok...
  11. Tank Journals
    So my Mr. Aqua 12 gallon long came in, here we go... Substrate - Eco Complete (about 30 pounds) Ohko Stones Beamswork 36-40in Eheim 2213 Aquatek C02 kit - 24oz paintball probably more I'm forgetting. Took me and a buddy hours to setup this hardscape, we just kept making different designs, we...
  12. Aquascaping
    Is 10 pounds of ohko stone enough for mr aqua 12 gallon long?
  13. Lighting
    I am doing a mr aqua 12 gallon long planted tank and need to find a light. After already going past my budget with the tank, co2 setup, filtration, substrate.... I need to find a decent light! I am willing to build a DIY setup, I just need to be pushed in the right direction. Can somebody...
  14. Fish
    So my husband has a 12 g long on his desk with ehiem 2211 canister, temp 78F, and has 2 dwarf puffers and 3 otos +unknown #s of hidden mts and black worms in the substrate. Oh also pH 7.5, 160 gh, 70s kh. It's medium heavily planted with mini micro word, blyxa j. and a., and Italian val. I'm...
  15. Lighting
    So have a USA SAT+ light on a 12g long tank (sits right on tank rim not raised). Plants are Italian val, blyxa j. and a., and mini micro sword. The blyxa has not been happy and melting on me so I'm assuming the lights are more "low light" than "medium light" (they have root tabs and other...
  16. Tank Journals
    FTS as of March 31th FTS as of March 14th - First Flood Hardscape: Tank: Mr. Aqua 12 Gallon Long Rimless (36"x8"x9") Substrate: 12lbs of ADA Amazonia (bottom layer) + 5lbs of Fluval Black Sand (top layer) Light: 36" Finnex FugeRay Aquarium LED Light Plus Moonlights Filtration: 2x 501 Zoomed...
  17. Tank Journals
    Tank: Mr. Aqua 12 Gallon Long Lighting: Current Satellite LED+ 36 in. Hardscape: Ryouh Stone Substrate: ADA Amazonia Powder Flora: HC and staurogyne repens at the moment. After I flood the tank this weekend, I'll plant blyxa japonica in the gaps behind behind the rock groups. So far...
  18. Aquascaping
    I started my 12 Gallon Long as an Iwagumi setup, because I loved the simplicity and elegance of the aquascape. OLD Thread: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=215666&highlight= Here are several shots of the tank as it grew in. January 2013 February 2013 March 2013 April...
1-18 of 24 Results