The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 78 Results
  1. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I did a large water change the other day, ~60% and noticed both RCS and Amanos went into hiding afterwards. I don't see any dead ones, ammonia spike, or empty shells. I still see some hanging around and eating and they seem to be increasingly back in view now two days later. I'm making other...
  2. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    In the last 2 days I have noticed my red cherry shrimp acting a little strangely - standing still around the tank. When they are active they seem totally normal - busy picking little bits off the plants, swimming around, very enthusiastic about being fed! I did a little research and found a...
  3. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Ok- so this is my second go at attempting to keep cherry shrimp. The first time I got shrimp, I received about 30. Within a little over a week- all but one shrimp died. During that timeframe I did a considerable amount of research to make sure that wouldn't happen again. I switched water...
  4. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    This may be a noob question but... If I had two neocaridina shrimp but both were different colors, (ex. Cherry Red and Snowball White.) could they still possibly breed? Not worried about the color of the offspring. Just simply wondering whether I could possibly get some baby shrimp?
  5. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    What are these in my tank?? About a week ago, one of my red cherry shrimp had babies. Up until now, they all look completely fine - just smaller versions of the shrimp I had in my tank. However, I just noticed these in my tank. I saw one at first as it was crawling along the edge of the tank. It...
  6. Tank Journals
    Since this will be the first tank I've set up start to finish since joining this forum, I fancied making a journal for it! The Specs: Tank: Deep Blue Professional 10g Lighting: I don't honestly know... the standard 10g light hood from Petsmart, but fluorescent, not incandescent. Filtration: 2x...
  7. Tank Journals
    Fairly new to planted tanks, so trying to keep this simple, both aesthetically and maintenance-wise. I'm pleased how it turned out so far, the pictures are two days after planting the HC. The tank is set up on a counter so that both sides are viewable. In terms of light/CO2/ferts, I have the...
  8. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Okay sorry first time poster, never understood forums myself so please let me know if i'm in the wrong place. I established a 29 G tall fish tank about a month and a half ago. I Used Prime, their new tank solution, and some crushed coral because my PH was rock bottom. substrate was 5 bags of...
  9. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I've have a few(4-5) cherry shrimp die on me lately, and I'm not really sure why. I think it may be a molting issue as I have not seen an exoskeleton in a while. Tank is a well planted Spec V with a Finnex 24/7 and pressurized CO2. It's been running for 2 years now, no issues. Weekly 50% water...
  10. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I have had a 20 gallon RCS tank for 3 years now. I have moss balls and some JAVA moss, drift wood, and mineral rocks. Only RCS in the tank and some soft shell snails I have in there I breed for my fresh water puffer fish in another tank,. My issue is that the shrimp live 1-2 years and they...
  11. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi! I am new here! I have a 5.5 gallon and a 20 gallon in a 600 sq ft apartment and I am looking into getting a 2.5 or another 5.5 gallon as a shrimp/planted tank. I'd really like to get some red cherries, but they are so expensive at my LFS. Does anyone know a place to get them for around 2...
  12. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    This is my first time owning Cherry Red Shrimp, and it's been a month since I got 5 shrimp for a 5.5 gallon. One of the females was already berried so now I also have a bunch of shrimplets. Also don't worry about too few shrimp, I plan to get a few more shrimp once they're in stock. My issue...
  13. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi there, I currently have a 10 gallon planted shrimp tank with about 20 ghost shrimp. Everyone seems to be doing really well and I have been able to breed them and get some babies in a grow out tank right now. I really wanted to get some RCS and move my Ghosties to another tank I have for...
  14. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hello This is my first post, but I already got loads of information on this forum, so already thanks for that! So my story; I had a 5gal tank around from my childhood that I recently filled up again and it has been running now for almost 4 weeks. Water parameters stabilized a while ago and I...
  15. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi everyone, I started keeping shrimps 3 months ago and still trying to make it right. I've lost a hundred of them and been extremely afraid of experimenting by myself, so I'm really appreciated if you can give me some advice. Current tank: 70L (0.6x0.9x0.13) Ammonia = 0, Nitrite = 0 KH =...
  16. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I recently bought thirty red cherry shrimp from aquatic arts. They arrived the day before yesterday and within six hours became very lethargic, for the most part staying still for extended periods of time. I should add that the only acclimation I did was to put the bags they came in in the water...
  17. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hey Guys (First post so here goes!) I am planning on starting a 60l (or 13-ish gallon) Red Cherry Shrimp planted tank. I want nearly the entire aquarium to be planted, so there is a natural feel to it. To make the question as brief as possible, is there any amount of lighting that RCS can't...
  18. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Long time lurker first time poster, so I apologize in advance if you guys already covered this. I have a 40 gallon tank with about 24 cardinal tetras, a bristle nosed pleco and a betta. Just wondering what's the maximum amount of ghost shrimp and RCS I can have? Once these guys start growing...
  19. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hey folks, My name is Alan. I've been reading bits and pieces about shrimp on PlantedTank for some time now and you have helped me a lot in maintaining healthy shrimp tanks. So I'd like to start off by saying thanks!! I've been keeping red cherry shrimp (Neocaridina) for about three years...
1-19 of 78 Results