The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-10 of 55 Results
  1. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi guys, I read that manzanita grows all over Western Oregon (i live in Salem), and I want to go collect a bunch of branches. The problem is, I am having a lot of trouble finding information on where to look. And all the information I do see is like 10 years old. If someone can help me out, I...
  2. Tank Journals
    I started this tank awhile ago but forgot to start a journal here... Feb 2016 Well one year into planted tanks, I felt that I had to build a riparium after seeing some spectacular examples over the years by people on both sides of the pond... My first attempt has been very successful and has...
  3. Tank Journals
    12/5/15 Any ideas for a name? I'm terrible at naming things, tanks included. This is definitely my best tank so far, so if any of them have deserved a name so far, it's this one. Current plant list: Ludwigia repens "red" Cabomba caroliniana Staurogyne repens (it has rooted very well but...
  4. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hey everyone, So I have started a fully planted tank. It's been running for about eight months. I've got really good growth out of my swords, but everything else has been kind of unimpressive. I'm happy with how the tank looks, but it is definitely lacking, and I don't know what I should add...
  5. Tank Journals
    My very good friend has been keeping reptiles for a long time. One day he comes over to my place and witnesses the glory of the 90g "Shoreline" :biggrin: and gets the idea, "I need a planted tank". So over the last couple of months we picked away at the equipment list. We picked up: Current Sat+...
  6. Tank Journals
    Here is a picture of my Aqueon 29 from 8 months ago. Everything in there is plastic and it's mostly stock Aqueon 29 kit items - light, heater, et cetera. Yesterday I moved it to a new apartment and used the move to replace... well, pretty much everything. I bought - A clear glass hood...
  7. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    As the title says my nano tank that has been fully cycled for over a month (no fauan just carefully measured pure ammonia noms for the BB) has had a hick-up and is no-longer fully cycled. About 2 days about I put a piece of manzanita branch in the tank. The branch has been de-barked...
  8. Tank Journals
    After much time visiting this website I've finally decided to post a journal of one of my planted tank experiences. Strictly I want this to just be a shrimp tank, I was thing maybe a fire red, rili, or even CRS tank would be nice. A bit of research went into finding the perfect tank. I went...
  9. Algae
    Hey y'all, We have a tank that contains a single male golden gourami, and it's been established for a few weeks now. Planted, etc. Less than a week ago we put a piece of manzanita wood from a LFS that we'd soaked for a few weeks and removed as much of the tannin as possible. I tied a few java...
  10. Tank Journals
    Finally got my 12 gallon long from that I've pre-ordered at a very good price from a LFS. So I'm start a 2nd plant journal with this one. Tank: Mr. Aqua 12 gallon long Light: TBD Substrate: ADA Amazonia Plants: TBD Fauna: TBD I am thinking of using the Nanotech Sunblaster 36" t5ho for this...
1-10 of 55 Results