The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 80 Results
  1. Lighting
    Hi, For a 50,185 gallon tank (3 feet). Plants wants to be planted is red, bucep and carpeting. I need an LED lighting with the following:-- 1. No need Bluetooth 2. 100 watts 3. Acrylic holder 4. my tank depth is 46 cm. 5. able to cut to 50% power ratio Thank you yee.simon@gmail.com
  2. Lighting
    Hey there everyone. I need some advice... I am setting up a CO2-injected, fully planted, 55 gallon aquarium with a focus on plants that are NOT green... like alternanthera reineckii, rotala rotundifolia "Orange Juice", cryptocoryne "Pink Flamingo", bacopa salzmanii "Purple", etc. I have 2...
  3. Lighting
    Hey folks, newbie aquarist here. I have 2×1.5×1.5 feet tank with preassurised CO2 injected. Currently I am using Sunsun ADS 500C led light, its pretty decent white led light but I wanted to switch to good WRGB light. Budget wise I can afford Chihiros WRGB 2 slim (60cm) or WRGB 2(45cm). I did my...
  4. Lighting
    I'm choosing a light for a 29 g long tank: (120x30x30cm / 47.2x12x12 inches), with live plants and stocked with White Cloud Mountain Minnow. A glass lid will be fitted to the tank. Any thoughts on these options (ordered by preference)? XESEGEIP 48W 90cm fits 35-47 inches 2022 model...
  5. Lighting
    I wanted better control over the Plant 3.0 lights than what the phone app allows. So I sniffed some of the bluetooth traffic and recorded the commands the app was sending. Turns out Fluval or the BLE chip manufacturer uses some very basic encryption on the commands. A friend helped me out by...
  6. Lighting
    I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with the myriad of LED products off of Amazon, and if there were any good budget options or items that have performed particularly well for you. I currently have 2 VAXER bulbs that I'm using for some plant growth but I don't know if IKEA carries...
  7. Lighting
    Hi everyone. I'm looking for some advice on DIY lighting for a 32 gallon tank ,3 ft long. Currently I have two 10 w LED floodlights ,approx 1440 lumens(lights used to be on a smaller tank). Im looking at upgrading but my options are limited to what I can get easily in my area. My choices would...
  8. DIY
    Hey planted tank, At the moment I'm running 6ft mml tubes and they are begining to fail. The tank is 1800mm(L)x600mm(W)x750(H) Roughly 650-700 to substrate depending on the area. What I want to create is a light that will last and will decent. I'm thinking: 5 Meanwell LDD - which will let...
  9. Lighting
    Hi all. I need help with picking new lights for planted tank. I've been using two 165 watt grow lights on my 46 gallon deep bow-front heavily planted tank for a while now. The results are excellent. Daily trimmings are required, and fast growing plants like Hornwort grow 5 to 6 inches every...
  10. Lighting
    I am a newb... These lights were given to me yesterday- I have four sets 3' long. They have these numbers listed on the strip 990x12x1 DWM 72 LED - 5630 WE GHP1H8128 They look handmade and seem older. I googled and I do not know enough yet on lighting. I am going to set up a 225 gallon...
  11. Tank Journals
    It's been awhile since the last time it had been awhile, but here we are. Welcome, one and all, to the return of my aquatic ramblings and mishaps. Today we are starting with the "10 Gallon Cap" tank. A setup that cannibalized pieces from the various projects I have undertaken over the years...
  12. Lighting
    One thing that is bugging me is determining how strong a light really is. What PAR levels do you guys find correspond to low, medium, and high light? High level being able to grow high light plants and also get the full coloration to show (Reds, oranges, etc.). At what point does CO2 become...
  13. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi guys, So I have been struggling to get some coloration out of some rotala and also growth has been slow even with CO2 while using a nicrew deluxe LED. I especially have problems in the back corners. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Chihiros RGB A plus and wanted to get your thoughts. 1.) Do...
  14. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi guys, I'm looking for a way to get better light levels to the back corners of a 10 gallon standard aquarium. I've got rotala rotundifolia in one corner which struggles to grow in the back of the bush. In the other corner, I have rotala colorata which struggles as well. I'm using a Nicrew...
  15. Lighting
    Dear Me, I posted a similar thread in 2019 but I wanted to create a thread specific to the FLUVAL 3.0 and show pics of how this mod I made looks on the tank. I wanted to repost the supplies I used to make risers for a Fluval 3.0 light as I have been getting a lot of inquiries and requests from...
  16. Lighting
    Hello All, I have a 4x t5-HO 39W unit that needs replacement. I have a 36" long, 24" deep, 21" high rimless tank (57G) with a light suspension hanger. I've got the current light set to 26" from the substrate. I would like to have medium/high for the carpeted plants. I want to have...
  17. Lighting
    Hello all! I'm new to the forum but had some questions regarding my planted tank. I have a 29 gallon with a Nicrew rgb plus 24/7 spectrum light along with two other small clip on lights (all whites, probably do nothing other than illuminate). With this combo I am only really able to grow...
  18. Lighting
    Options: UNS Titan 1 - 90w, 9000~12000k, 3500lm, 200 RGB LEDs, controllable (dim, rgb setting, etc.) Great spectrum with high output but not sure if this is will have enough spread to cover the sides and corners of the tanks Atledtis Pro-1 - 78w, 6500k, 4000lm, slim design, lighter...
1-18 of 80 Results