The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 163 Results
  1. DIY
    Hi yall, been lurking on these forums for a few years now and this place has given me a ton of useful knowledge and advice when I first got started in this hobby. I would like to give back a little by documenting a quick tutorial on getting a custom timer to work that works with the finnex 24/7...
  2. Lighting
    is it worth it to go after a cheaper aquarium light. instead of spending more on a fluval or a finnex light, can you get the same plant growth results with a cheaper light company like Hygger or NICREW?
  3. Equipment
    I have a Finnex Max-300 temperature controller that I haven’t used in a while. I am trying to set it up again and the display is blinking “99”. Unfortunately I don’t have a set of instructions for it and I can’t find one online. Does anyone familiar with the controller know what the blinking...
  4. Lighting
    What lights would be recommended for Waterbox Clear Pro 7225 167G (72.3"L ×25.3"W ×23.6"H) tank. I'm planning to grow high-light plants using fertilizer and Co2. All the on-line reviews I'm seeing are pointing to the use of Fluval Plant 3.0 or the little know about Finnex Planted+ 24/7 ALC...
  5. Lighting
    Does anyone have a Finnex Stingray 2 in either 12" or 16" that could tell me if the legs on either can be adjusted to fit a 14" aquarium? I like the Finnex brand, the other light I have from them was amazing on my 3 gal.
  6. Lighting
    Seeking advice to make sure my pH will be stable when my Finnex 24/7 Planted Plus light is running. I am running a 90G tall, with baby tears carpet and a few moss ball bonsai trees and some JAVA fern. Tank is cycled and I currently have a few guppy's in to help boost the cycle before adding...
  7. Lighting
    15 Gallon Tank Dimensions (in inches): Length of ~19.5, Width of ~12.5, Height of ~13.5 I am using ADA aquasoil, which at most is about ~4 deep, at least ~2. Currently, the light I have is an AquaJapan AJ-LED 35 Clip-On light, I couldn't find much about it online, but the guy who I got it...
  8. Lighting
    So I'm a bit confused and hoping someone can give/link me the exact data I need or confirm an accurate formula to get the par info I need from par taken on a longer light of that model and/or deeper depth. I'd read that using LED # does not make an accurate equation to determine par?? Is this...
  9. Equipment
    Hey guys, so I have a question. So the Finnex 24/7 Planted Plus has 8 different time blocks where the light is different. I was wondering if the lights have sufficient intensity at the times besides 12pm-3pm and 3pm-6pm. I cant customize this light so I am debating just putting it at the...
  10. Lighting
    Just made an account and still need to update my profile but I'm excited to join the community. Now that I have finally bought 2 rimless tanks to replace my $/gal tanks, I'm in the market for two 36" light upgrades. It seems now that both companies have worked out problems and listened to their...
  11. Equipment
    Hey guys, I recently bought a Aquamaxx 9.6 gallon rimless tank https://www.marinedepot.com/AquaMaxx_Rectangular_Low_Iron_Rimless_Aquarium_9.6_Gallon_Nano_Cube_Aquariums_Tanks_Under_10_Gallons-AquaMaxx-UJ94566-FIAQNCNTUT-vi.html I bought the 16 inch Finnex Planted plus for this aquarium and its...
  12. Lighting
    My Finnex LED 36" light fixture only stays on. The only way to shut it off, is by unplugging it. I have it plugged into a timer. Which come on in the am and off in the PM. The remote does absolutely nothing. However, the remote flashes when I look at it from my Smart phone camera. I call...
  13. Lighting
    this light has rwb leds but doesn't seem bright enough to support carpeting plants. I will have co2, root tabs, flourish trace and excel. anyone have par for this light at 8" or 12"? lots of red plants and dwarf baby tears. will it be enough to support these red plants and carpet the baby...
  14. Lighting
    Has anyone figured out how the time settings work on the Finnex Planted Plus CC? I have it set through the custom settings to come on at 6am and off at 9am, but it's actually on for far longer than that. At about 10am, the light is still on even though the 9am setting is for complete dark...
  15. Lighting
    Hello everyone. I have been lurking for quite some time, and this is my first post. Really like the site I've kept planted tanks for about 1 year now, and i'm now considering upgrading from my Juwel HiLite 2x24 watt T5 closed hood fixture, to a more sleak topless LED fixture, so i can up the...
  16. Lighting
    Tank info: 18 months old 60 gallon 24" h x 13" d x 48" w Freshwater community 36" Finnex Ray 2 Amazon sword, crypts, jungle val, moneywort, hornwort Quick background: My plants really seemed to take off at first. My sword blew up to almost 24" leaves, jungle vals shot runners everywhere...
  17. Lighting
    Here is my rant/hopefully fix on my Finnex Planted Plus 36" lights. I have two Finnex Planted Plus 36" fixtures i purchased about two years ago. The reason i went with the Finnex LED fixtures was i wanted them to last longer than T5HO bulbs and be energy efficient. I looked around and i liked...
  18. Lighting
    Hello all! I have a question regarding lighting for a low tech tank, but this will also serve as a chance for me to check my understanding of tank balance. When researching lighting for my 29gal I found that Finnex Stingray LED lighting should serve well for a low tech tank, which is what I...
  19. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hey guys, so I recently set up another dirted tank, paired with some fluval stratum and seachem flourite. It's my 36 gallon bow front. Manzanita and Dragonstone hardscape. Currently I have a Finnex Ray II that is putting off about 50-60 Par at 17", correct me if I am wrong. I have a photo period...
1-19 of 163 Results