The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-14 of 31 Results
  1. Algae
    I’ve got a really nasty case of brownish algae attacking my DHG and green algae slime on my glass. I took photos after a water change and some trimming so the tank is looking better than average. With the DHG it seems to start at the ends of the blades and work it’s way down to the base. It...
  2. Fish
    Just picked up 5 dwarf honey gouramis for my tank, and I noticed that a couple have little brown spots that appear to be under their skin. Currently have them in a little hanging quarantine tank. Any idea what these spots are? Some kind of parasite? Is it safe to add them to the aquarium?
  3. Fish
    I stopped by a local aquarium just to browse around and possibly add more Rummy Nose Tetras to my current low stock (had some jumpers and oldies). They had a lot of them,then these caught my attention right away! I never seen them in person, and I had to have them. They were so active and very...
  4. Fish
    I've got a 6 gallon Fluval Edge that I would like to begin adding live plants, and then put Dwarf or Pea puffers in. Is this tank big enough? If yes could I house more than 1 puffer? Are Dwarf and Pea puffers the same thing? Appreciate any help! Note: I have a separate 20 gallon planted...
  5. Plants
    Hello, started aquascaping 2 weeks ago. Told the guy at the pets store that i want a nice carpet in my tank and he told me that eleocharis acicularis and hemianthus cuba are no beginners plants. Well... i still bought them. And they seem to do really well, i am no expert, check out the...
  6. Fish
    Hi have an annoying small snail infestation. These snails never get bigger than 2mm in size. I used to fish them out with my net, but they keep on reproducing. I'm thinking of getting a dwarf botias because they are a wonderful looking fish but also for their snail eating ability. Will botias...
  7. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Since treyLcham posted a poll for tetra, and I always see CPD with shrimp, I want to know how many people have good/bad experiences with CPD and dwarf shrimp in the same tank (e.g. not eaten, not half-eaten, not legless).
  8. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hey everyone, This thread is huge, so please answer as much or as little as you like. I have been lurking here for a while and I'm planning on setting up my first planted tank. I have a lot of experience with fresh water tanks, and have even bred a few of my fish successfully. I am sick of...
  9. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Recently I've been reading a lot about ghost shrimp, and they are sometimes considered aggressive. Other times, they are said to be quite docile. There seems to be many species of "ghost shrimp," for example, consider the photos below... (photos belong to the individuals credited) This one is...
  10. Hawaii
    Anyone got some plants/trimmings for sale? I just need something to fill my outside green house tank to help battle algae. So far I have very very little hair algae, nothing that my SAE's can't handle. :cool: I wouldn't mind stocking a little more plants to outcompete the algae for nutrients...
  11. Tank Journals
    so... it has been quite some time since i have posted on this thread. good news, this tank is still up and running.been letting it do its thing in the background for a while and was focusing on, house work, yard landscaping, and my 2 reef tanks. this edge has been through many a different...
  12. Fish
    Hello everyone. Two days ago i went to the store and i bought two Dwarf Gourami's, and I've got only a problem with one of them : He isn't active at all, not eating, not moving, and keep being at one place and i never saw him eating this two days. Today I woke up and I saw him laying on the...
  13. Herp (Reptiles and Amphibians)
    Just got two ADF for my 15 gallon today, along with some endlers. Theres also a few juvie guppies in the tank, some otos, and its very planted! I used to have ACF, and i fed them with a pipette, and have already successfully fed the two little guys with it, as im worried about thier food intake...
  14. General Planted Tank Discussion
    So I started a tank journal, and I am running into problems, and since no one reads that thread, I started a new one to address my problems. About a month ago, I started a 3 gallon cube emersed setup. Substrate- Eco-Complete Lighting 1x 13w CFL Flora- HC Dwarf Hairgrass I planted the...
1-14 of 31 Results