The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-6 of 14 Results
  1. Fish
    A few weeks ago, my female apistogramma cacatuoides turned bright yellow and started defending a small area of my 29 gallon tank. I figured it had just laid some nice eggs but I couldn't see it because of the angle. The next day, she no longer defended the area, I just assumed she wanted...
  2. Substrate
    Just got some assassin snails and preparing for them I decided to dump some pond snails in my tank with black diamond. It's weird, right away it would seem painful to the pond snails. I'd drop one in and for a couple of seconds he would freak out, flip out, then after about 3 seconds he could...
  3. Virginia
    Hi, I'm starting up my planted tanks again, unfortunately I had to tear them down due to lack of funds and place to keep em, but I'm back! =P Anyway, I'm looking for anyone selling trimmings to well... pretty much anything... My main focus is HC, riccia, dwarf hairgrass for getting my iwagumi...
  4. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    First off, I'd like to say I'm going to have to order this little guy online since my LPS doesn't carry them - or so I think. 1- I had a nerite snail and two mystery snails in my 10 gallon and they worked wonderful algae wise. Sadly, my power head and filter sucked the daylight out of them...
  5. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Got some pictures of my assassin snail killing a nice looking shrimp. I liked the shrimp, kinda bummed that it got taken down, but its also pretty cool that it happened. The shrimp was still moving when I took the pictures.
  6. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I know that there has been controversy on whether assassin snails eat shrimp or not. Well, I am here to tell you that they DO!:icon_cry: I received 8 assassin snails yesterday and I put them in my red cherry shrimp tank. This is a breeder tank and it has over 150 shrimp. I have just as much...
1-6 of 14 Results