The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-8 of 8 Results
  1. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I'd like to disinfect an empty 125g tank and all its component pieces, canister, heaters, nets, etc., basically everything. I was thinking to use potassium permanganate to disinfect everything that will ’look' clean, i.e., not any organic material. What would be the recommended method to do...
  2. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Is it safe? The other day I was ciphoning a tank and drank some of the water on accident. My gf said I could catch a disease, should I be worried?:iamwithst
  3. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Last weekend I finally took the plunge and switched from all gravel with fake plants to a dirted/ planted set up! I'm super happy with the look (except for the tanins from the driftwood used... despite having soaked it for a month ahead of time--- but that's another issue) I have been testing...
  4. Plants
    I want to put Dracaena Sanderiana in my tank, but the plants sold at my local pet/fish stores are too short for the leaves to be able to stick out the top so it doesn't rot. I've heard of some people just ordering or purchasing this plant from garden stores are even the garden department at...
  5. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hey everyone, I just started my first planted tank last week and I'm off to a great start aside from a higher than usual Ph. I have a standard flourite-based substrate and some river sand. I used RO water from the LFS and they sold me on some Acid Neutralizer and Alkaline Neutralizer to...
  6. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi Planted Tank members! This is my first time on this forum - I have an issue with my tank that is niggling at me so I thought I'd come here for some advice. Both myself and my brother keep aquarium tanks - I have concerntrated on discus with great success, and he has been more into plants...
  7. Aquascaping
    I have a decent-sized cow vertebra, about 4" long, which I was thinking would look cool in a tank. As I recall, it spent awhile in a field with other bones, then was boiled to clean it, then sat in a wheelbarrow for awhile before I bought it and soaked it in a bucket of water for two weeks. How...
  8. Algae
    I have 4 questions, the bigest of which pertains to algae. My tank is 35 gallons and I have cO2 injection. 1. I have algae (I'm not sure what it is. It looks like a brown "fog" growing around dead leaves and the riccia on the bottom of the tank. It comes off fairly easily but it gets...
1-8 of 8 Results