The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-17 of 195 Results
  1. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi, this is my first post, and I am new to the aquarium hobby. I created my first planted tank, which is 3 gallons with various types of plants, driftwood, and a few lava rocks, and the only filtration I have is a sponge filter to provide extra oxygen to the tank. My tank has my beloved six...
  2. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Greetings! Wanted to share my experiences and journey of growing freshwater sponge reefs or colonies (whatever you want to call it) Since there seems to be literately nothing about keeping them in general. Also I think they are just neat, and rather proud of them!. Our story starts over a decade...
  3. Equipment
    I am in the early stages of planning an entirely new high-end build. Looking at the classic ADA, and now the million other brands (UNS, Aqueon, etc.). Does anyone have any recommendations for tank brands and retailers? I'm probably looking for something like a 60P, and likely have to order...
  4. Substrate
    Hi all, Im going to try a dirt tank for a new project. I have some organic topsoil on the way. I have Tetra ActiveSubstrate (a clay) and play sand. Should i mix some of this clay and sand into the top soil (if its quite dence - wont know until i get it) or just put the dirt down, then the...
  5. Equipment
    I'm in such need, this is our 6th tank and I really need help. I currently have the superfish 45 but need the superfish 90. It needs to fit in a precise gap and no where on their website etc is the dimensions with the light on, I e how tall it will be. Does anyone know? 🤔
  6. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    What are some bright red shrimp that do not breed in freshwater? Here's what I'm looking for exactly: 1) I'm fairly new to the shrimp game so I would prefer some that are easier to care for. 2) I would like a species that can survive in a 1-5 gallon tank. 3) It should be between 0.5-1 inch in...
  7. Other Websites
    Hi Everyone, I recently discovered a new(ish) website, which can be found at the following: aquarium science dot org (mod edit to remove link - visit at your own pseudoscience risk) I find the above site to be very informative. I'll leave it to all you aquarists out there to decide for...
  8. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hello, Sunday I did water change to all my tanks. Just to clarify all my tanks has 4 months running. A 20 gallons long with guppies, a female betta and a few mystery snails. The tank has driftwood, Java moss, Hornwort, water lettuce, Anubias and Ohko stone. A 10 gallon tank with guppies (a lot...
  9. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I'm pretty sure it was not a debris, it moved and the structure is quite alike with microorganisms. Anyone have clue about what is this? Is this dangerous? It's moving, right?? And kind of have a body something. See here. Thank you.
  10. Equipment
    Hey guys, I made a couple posts here regarding pressurized co2 and most members advised that I purchase a "legit" expensive system and not tinker with the diy stuff as well as the paintball stuff. I have a 75 gallon planted tank, and want to stimulate the plant growth. Because of the cost, I...
  11. Plants
    hey everyone! I found this aquarium plant at a local store here in Ontario, I thought it looked pretty neat but would like to do some research and actually know what it is before purchasing! Any help would be amazing :) thank you!!
  12. General Planted Tank Discussion
    So I have 60 cm or 2 feet long by 35 cm or 14 inch deep tank on a cabinet of the same size. Now I actually want to replace this tank with one that is slightly deeper, 40 cm or 16 inches. Do I need to replace the cabinet as well or can I just place a 2 inch thick plate of wood on top of this...
  13. Plants
    Hey! So once again I’m coming to you all for some help! I picked up this plant about a month ago from a LFS and they said they didn’t know what it was. I decided to try to “save it” after it had turned brown in their aquarium. I’ve got several other plants that are thriving but the only growth...
  14. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    So I recently got 4 Blue Dream Cherry Shrimp on Thursday and lost 2 in the past 2 days. The only thing I can think of is I didn't acclimate the shrimp well enough as I did cycle my tank (a 7.5 gallon shrimp tank specifically from Aqueon) and have a piece of driftwood, a moss ball, and a long...
  15. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hey everyone, I've been wanting to start a planted 75 gal and I keep having problems with green water. I did the whole thing, 15-25% water changes every other day, less feedings, gravel vac. my ammonia is still at 0.25 (has been for a while no matter what I do) and my nitrates are at 5ppm, my...
  16. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I've been searching for weeks to identify these little white worms. I really dont think they are Detritus and they inch around to move so I don't think they are rhabodocoela. They almost literally "hang" out near the surface and often found in swarms around weaker plants. I really want my...
  17. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hey everyone, I have a 10 gallon planted tank with around 5-7 guppies, 2 males and the rest females. I recently got some RCS to add to the tank. On the first batch, I had a few die from around 9. Two weeks later, I bought some more, with a total of probably around 20. Now I can only find four...
1-17 of 195 Results