The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-10 of 11 Results
  1. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    This is what I heard:- *sic* copy & paste FYI, someone once told me, "I threw so many HSS (i.e. opae ula) into my crystal red shrimp (CRS) until eventually a few bred with my CRS - in fresh water! So here, this is our new Super Red King-Kong!" Yes. All I can say is that, there is a way to do...
  2. Tank Journals
    I have had this 4G vase for a couple of years now. It has a nice, solid construction and an interesting footprint. I originally set it up with a fountain in mind. There is a pond pump in the bottom with a custom egg crate and screen cage built around it. It is surrounded with filter floss...
  3. DIY
    I'm going to be undertaking a diy project with lava rocks. The mortar will more than likely be silicon. And I have numerous tanks at my disposal. The inhabitants will be the world famous Hawaii opae ula! And for these micro lobsters I plan to make it a really beautiful scape. With caves and...
  4. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Thinking of getting some opae ula and converting a tank to brackish. Does anyone keep these?
  5. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi, first time posting on this site :) I'm redoing a shrimp tank for my mother (she loves looking at them but hates anything to do with tank maintenance--go figure, messing around with the filter ever few weeks is part of the fun of having a fish tank). We're going to go with the Hawaiian opae...
  6. New Member Introductions
    Hi! I have been reading the posts on this site for a while and finally decided to join. I received an ecosphere and was horrified to see what the shrimp were going through. I now have three free Opae Ula that I pulled out of the ecosphere and I am keeping them in a two gallon planted brackish...
  7. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    For months I've been reading about these very cool shrimp. Finally I gave in to them and after further research decided to take the leap. I did things in a sort of backward kind of way, as well. I got in contact with a vendor in Hawaii who, through numerous emails, convinced me that with the...
  8. Planted Nano Tanks
    Since there has been a lot of talk recently about hawaiian red shrimp, I've decided to share my tank. Specs: Tank Size: 2.5 gallon AGA Substrate: Crushed Florida Coral Hardscape: Red Lava Rock (BBQ lava rock) Filtration: Box filter filled with filter floss and ceramic media Heating: 7.5 watt...
  9. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I found a CD of old images of my shrimp tank from back in November 2007. You can see all 52 on my Picasa page here: http://picasaweb.google.com/ernopena/OpaeUlaHawaiianRedShrimpNov2007
  10. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Here are a few photos of my Opae Ula tank from Feb 2008. Unfortunately, I no longer have this 2.5G tank with breeding population of almost 100. I had to give this up to a friend when I moved from Los Angeles to New York. I think the following items were important for the success of this tank...
1-10 of 11 Results