The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-12 of 105 Results
  1. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I am adding a pressurized CO2 system to my 50g tank. I currently have an Eheim 2217 canister with a spray bar. I'd like to add the diffuser inline with the outlet tubing. I don't want mist. I'm trying to research how to add the CO2 diffuser to the outlet of the canister so it can stay hidden. Is...
  2. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi guys! I am a new member of this really interesting forum. I had an aquarium when I was a kid and now since January I'm working tirelessly on a planted tank. 120l - ph 6.5 - tds 125 - temp 23 Co2 injection Co2Art / fluvial canister filter 500 Everything is going pretty well and in two...
  3. Equipment
    Hi there fellow fishfolks! I have a 38 cm cubical tank with Anubias and ferns and river gravels as substrate. There are ember tetras, some lambchop rasboras, two male Endler hybrids and an otocinclus. Currently running a Xinyou xy 2810 sponge filter and a small Jeneca XP 03B HOB filter. I want...
  4. Equipment
    Hi there! This forum was a great resource to me back over a decade ago when I was fishkeeping on a shoestring budget, and now I'm back planning to start up my tank again. As the title suggests, it's a 45 gallon tank (36" long, 12" wide, 24" high) that I want to turn into an underwater forest...
  5. Equipment
    I've been spending every waking moment planning out my next aquarium, and I've hit a bit of a roadblock choosing the canister filter. I was initially planning to use a single Eheim 2217, but I decided to upsize the tank a bit. With a 64g tank, the 2217 will only give me ~4x hourly turnover...
  6. General Planted Tank Discussion
    The tubes for my Eheim canister filter crimp slightly in certain places which restricts the flow of water. Are there any solutions to prevent this from happening? I'm sure I can't be the only one to experience this issue? How do you keep the tubes fully open and not bending in any areas?
  7. Plants
    Hey guys, I am now on week 3 of cycling. I have a 15 gallon std. tank with a mainland penguin 100 biowheel filter, eheim jager 75 heater, and the Oddysea dual 24w t5 fixture. The tank is somewhere around 250 square inches, and the light is 2000 lumens. I have a total of 3.2 watts per gallon in...
  8. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello, I'm having an issue I had with my previous tank/filter. There seems to be a lot of debris in the water. It's not cloudy, and I assume the debris consists of a mix of food, poop and plant material. I don' understand why my Eheim Classic 2260 isn't removing this? The tank has been up for a...
  9. Equipment
    Has anyone here used an Eheim Quick Vac Pro--the battery operated one? It looks nice, but I'm curious if it actually works. Thanks, everyone. :) Bump: Found this guy, too. I like its rechargeable battery and it can operate while plugged into the adapter. Nicrew Rechargeable Vacuum
  10. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I have a heavily planted 30L tank with Eheim Ecco Pro 130 (2232). How many dwarf puffers could I keep in there? Some people have said 5, others say only 1. I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 since it is heavily planted which will diffuse aggression. I will be doing 50% water changes also. Thanks!
  11. Tank Journals
    I want to preface this entry by saying that I am complete noob, so please pardon any errors or omissions on my part. I want to say that I am highly impressed by the aquascapes that people in this community have created, so much so that I was compelled to try this out myself. I was thinking...
  12. Equipment
    I'm looking for a canister filter for my 30L/8gallon tank. Eheim seems good but I don't know which model to go with (classic 150, classic 250, eccopro130?). Those filters are rated above the tank size but people say that they have success with them. I also looked at the hydor prime 10 however...
1-12 of 105 Results