The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 499 Results
  1. Florida
    Haven't had the chance to set back up my high-tech tank. Life happens and I'm starting to think that I don't have the time to set up & upkeep a tank anymore. Everything was purchased in 2021, ran for a year, and then hasn't been turned back on since April '22. - UNS 75P (fog-film tinted the...
  2. Equipment
    I've always wanted to get into CO2 but pressurized cans in a house with a curious bird and dog seemed a little iffy to me and the price really drove me away. Last time I was in my fish store I noticed that fluval has a bio CO2 product out that uses yeast and sugar but still allows you to control...
  3. DIY
    Hi! I setup my first Nanotank. I am fairly new to this, did some research a few weeks ago and wanted to give it a try. Now I have seen several Diy CO2 videos on YouTube but I haven't found any videos or threads here on this problem. The system was running for about an hour and just stopped...
  4. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    My question is how to find the correct CO2 dosage. I started with 3 bubbles per second and worked my way up to 10 bubbles per second before I added a second diffuser. I cannot get my CO2 to the 30-40ppm requirement. The drop checker never budges from blue. I have spent literally over a dozen...
  5. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I'm trying to understand this chart that I found. My degassed water has a dkh ≈ 8.5 and a pH ≈ 8.2 putting my co2 level where I've read that it should be without injection according to the chart. If I aim for ≥ 35ppm, I would need to swing the pH nearly 1.5 points daily to around pH 6.8. that...
  6. Equipment
    So I told my wife "I want a fish tank for my birthday." I bought a kit from one of the pet stores and over the past couple of months(it seems so much longer), I've replaced everything that made the kit crap. Now, I've purchased a bigger tank which was the last component of the original kit...
  7. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    All, I have read that Oxygen and CO2 levels are independent of each other in water. However, in my 75 gallon tank, have an airstone at one end and the PH monitor & CO2 at the other end. If I turn on the airstone for some minutes, the PH will rise and the CO2 will turn on. My assumption is...
  8. Equipment
    New to using Co2 in an aquarium, and wondered if these pieces would work to be an effective Co2 vs. buying a full kit from other manufacturers. FZone - Aquarium Co2 Regulator DC Solenoid w/ bubble counter and check valve plant grow DIY CO2 System Side Open cylinder Yagote Co2 diffuser. - 3...
  9. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi all - I'm new to keeping planted aquariums and set up a 6.7 gal tank with uns controsoil and CO2 injection triggered with a Milwaukee pH meter. My degassed pH was 7.2 and I had my pH drop set to 6.2 which seemed to do OK with providing the correct amt, if not a bit more, of CO2 (using a drop...
  10. Plants
    For the past 2 months and a half, my AR Mini has been growing better than it has ever grown in my tanks. The tops were a brownish pink and the bottoms were a vibrant red color. Unfortunately, I decided to add amano shrimp recently as a precaution against any algae. After a week, they settled in...
  11. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    This last week I installed a CO2 system into my two month old 75gal community tank, since I've noticed my plants are getting a lot of black algae and melting pretty bad. I am still new to the whole planted tank thing, since I've only ever had completely artificial tanks for years. Currently my...
  12. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Could somebody please explain the science behind greatly improved water clarity after CO2 injection begins? Please note, this clarity is noticed even BEFORE lights on when the plants have not yet woken up and begun producing O2. I am not talking about the science of O2 fueling aerobic...
  13. Equipment
    Hey all, just recently i setup my new Colombo CO2 reactor. The operating pressure is about 22 bar and after adjusting the bubble counter i was able to get to a steady level of 1 bubble every three seconds (i know this is basically nothing, but its a small tank and i did not want to spook the...
    co2
  14. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I am adding a pressurized CO2 system to my 50g tank. I currently have an Eheim 2217 canister with a spray bar. I'd like to add the diffuser inline with the outlet tubing. I don't want mist. I'm trying to research how to add the CO2 diffuser to the outlet of the canister so it can stay hidden. Is...
  15. Plants
    I planted this dwarf hair grass on 23rd June. The plant was a TC. I grew the plant through the dry start method. Initially, the plant was very green (attached the planting day pic at the bottom). Even though it's showing explosive growth but it's growing a little pale. The plant is not melting...
  16. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hello. I noticed deficiencies in my tank and would like help on determining the issue. I have a 125 gallon tank with a finnex stringray, fluval fx4 and fluval 407. It has a layer of amazonia on the bottom, and a top layer of stratum and seachem Flourite. C02 is injected through the 407 via a...
  17. Fish
    Hey, I added diy CO2 this morning, first time starting it. I dont know how many bubbles per second im getting, but I've been monitoring the water pH. Degassed water pH - 7.6 Gassed water pH - 6.6 (relatively consistent throughout the tank and since 4 hours after adding CO2, till now) Its a 1...
  18. Algae
    using the Walstad method I planted monte carlo TC, but even with DIY CO2 (sugar + yeast), the monte carlo does not seem to be healthy and spread apart. In the background, I also planted dwarf hair grass, but it's growing fine and even started propagating. That's not the case with monte...
  19. Equipment
    Hi all, About 20 minutes ago, my 2.5lb CO2 tank with regulator began chirping/squeaking. I'm using an FZONE dual stage CO2 regulator, on a 2.5lb tank that is up to date on testing. I've had no problems up til now, and it's been running since 4/21. It is on a timer and was scheduled to turn off...
1-19 of 499 Results