The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-9 of 9 Results
  1. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi Guys, Im new to keeping fish and ive just got my tank set up! its been set up for around 2ish days now and the water has already gone cloudy! I dont have any fish in there at the moment, only a few moss balls and some plants my dad got from pets at home, ill try to find the name but i cant...
  2. New Member Introductions
    when i put 3 gallons of new water into my small community 15g tank, many particles arise among the water. they sink/disappear quite quickly, although the fact it occurs worries me. am i putting the water into the tank too harshly? is my filter not performing adequately? thanks!
  3. Algae
    Hello, everyone! I'm new to the forum, and have some, but not a lot, experience with planted tanks. My 29g has been giving me some trouble for the past few months. It's been set up since May of this year, and is pretty well stocked with easy plants (crypts, anubias, rotala, wisteria, etc) and...
  4. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I recently thought I might have excessive phosphate levels thanks to my city's well water quality report so I bought an API phosphate test kit. I first tested my tank water which gave a reading of about 2.5 ppm; high but not as high as I feared. Next I wanted to test my tap water for a...
  5. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I have been dosing fertz with seachem and maintaining the correct recommended levels but it just got out of control expensive. I recently switched to the EI method with a liquid solution made up of dry fertz and plantex CSM+B. As soon as I added the plantex, my tank went super cloudy. The...
  6. General Planted Tank Discussion
    My first ever "large" planted tank is having water quality issues. There's a bunch of tiny particles constantly floating in the water, making it look dirty and cloudy. I've never had this issue with my nano tanks so I'd love to know what's causing it. Basically I want to know how to get crystal...
  7. General Planted Tank Discussion
    hello all, so i just got given a 3' X 1.5' x 1' for my birthday by my mates, bought a load of top of the range equipment, set everything up and my water is cloudy! massively gutted. i think it may be because i didn't wash the gravel well enough... is there anything i can buy to put in...
  8. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I'm in the middle of a fishless cycle - high nitrites right now... It appeared within a matter of a few hours.
  9. Substrate
    Hey I'm new to the hobby and I recently just replaced my old gravel for some aquasoil amazonia that I bought online. I added the soil and a large piece of petrified wood yesterday and this morning it was totally clouded up, when it was mostly clear yesterday. It's been about 8 hours since I...
1-9 of 9 Results