The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 45 Results
  1. Tank Journals
    4-10-23 It's my first time getting back into the hobby in many years so I decided to go with something around 10 gallons to start with. I found an interesting curved corner glass aquarium on Amazon and decided to order it. I had a Kritter Keeper cycling with grow lights, two mini sponge...
  2. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hello, I’m back here to ask about Mineral Junkie from GlasGarten. I’m new in the shrimp hobby and I want to learn more and more about my neocaridina shrimps. This weekend I was in my local aquarium shop and I meet a guy that keeps shrimps. He has a few years in the shrimp hobby, he was...
  3. Tank Journals
    Hey everyone, I recently got my hands on a cheap Kmart aquarium starter kit ($29 AUD = ~$22). It is a 5 gallon semi-rimless glass tank (rimmed on the bottom but not the top) and the kit comes with an internal filter, plastic lid, background wallpaper, fake gravel and plants. From what I could...
  4. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hi everyone, A couple of weeks ago I took the dive and started my first planted tank. It is a 7.5-gallon cube tank, and my intention is to make it a shrimp specific tank (some neocardina davidi variety, maybe with a nerite or two). I am just in the early fishless cycling phase now, although I...
  5. New Member Introductions
    Hi, I am a newbie shrimp keeper. I have orange sukura and Caridina cf Babaulti zebra shrimp in a 10 gallon tank with a Matten filter set up. I seem to be experiencing all the trials and tribulations possible. And thinking....set up a shrimp tank they said, it will be fun they said, it’s relaxing...
  6. Algae
    I was looking in my tank and saw what I thought was just a build-up of biofilm. The same thing has been continuing to build up into a cloudy mass on my driftwood. Is it something that I should be worried about? Maybe filtration is not strong enough or is it something worse? The cloudy mass is...
  7. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    How stupid is this idea: I was thinking of using some tanks that have been dry with old substrate in them to start a npt for cherries and later possibly a few fish. Doomed to failure? asking for trouble? I noticed some mention of baking old substrate before reuse...is this a good idea...
  8. General Planted Tank Discussion
    So recently I upgraded my dwarf shrimp from a 5.5 gallon to a 20 gallon low-tech planted tank. However the shelf I had previously used to house the nano tank was too weak to hold anything more than what it was. (The shelf already showed a slight bow in the middle after 8 months which is what...
  9. Algae
    I have a small 6 gallon planted shrimp tank and black hair algae has taken over. Previously, I had taken out all the rocks and driftwood and let that dry out in the dark. Got rid of the plants, then blacked out my tank for 3 days. Everything was fine but in a couple weeks the black hair algae...
  10. Plants
    These two plants in my shrimp tank (S. Repens and Cryptocoryne Wendtii Green) have begun to look odd and Im not quite sure of what the issue is and was hoping someone could help identify based on the pictures. This is a shrimp only tank, no CO2, biweekly Flourish/Trace dose. Thanks!
  11. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I've have a few(4-5) cherry shrimp die on me lately, and I'm not really sure why. I think it may be a molting issue as I have not seen an exoskeleton in a while. Tank is a well planted Spec V with a Finnex 24/7 and pressurized CO2. It's been running for 2 years now, no issues. Weekly 50% water...
  12. Plants
    hi, I'm planning to add "utricularia graminifolia" to my shrimp only tanks. but I found out that it is a carnivorous Plant that ate insects, so if I submerged it in my shrimp only tank, will it ate my shrimp? lols Thanks
  13. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi all, I'm new here but I've used the forum for advice before. I have a turtle and I've set up a 10 gallon tank to attempt to breed red cherry shrimp. I'm having a bit of trouble with my fishless cycle and I'm not quite sure why (or if I'm just being impatient). My tank is heated to about...
  14. Tank Journals
    This is my first tank journal. I finally got some time today to post it so I will be back dating the process. I will be using the Dry Start Method (DSM) Equipment: Tank = Aquatop High Clarity Glass 12G Long (HCA-12G) --- Mr Aqua seems to be the most popular of this type of tanks, I don't know...
  15. Tank Journals
    so I've had this tank for a while and I've never really liked any of my layouts, but I finally put together a good one and i'm super happy with it. inhabitants: 1x Female sail fin molly 2x Mosquito fish 4x Red Cherry Shrimp(one is berried and i'm crossing my fingers they survive) Plants: Java...
  16. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi! I have a mystery on my hands, or rather, in my tank... (Freshwater 3gal planted shrimp/snail tank with Yellow Sakura Shrimp and Nerite snails and a few mosquito rasboras.) So, I have not added new plants or hardscape items to this tank in over a year. I have not added livestock in about 4...
  17. DIY
    Why: Because I've heard small shrimp crawl and get sucked into either the small slit on the lower half of the tank, or through the large grate at the top. I had some fine mesh laying around, so I cut it to the width of the filter area (4 2/8”). The mesh is a grid anyways, so you can just cut...
  18. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I need guidance from an invert. master. A few days ago I discovered little white worms in my tank. At first I thought they were only on the glass, but with closer inspection I noticed them on my RCS's. I also have amanos in the tank, but they appeared to have no worms. I believe they are...
  19. Tank Journals
    Bringing you the aesthetics of Texas with the affinity for Sulawesi! This low-tech tank will be dedicated to a variety of poso snails and Sulawesi shrimp. Specs: -20 gallon long -Finnex px-360 (bio) and Aqueon 10 HOB (mechanical) - Lighting: 2 23 watt CFL - Substrate: Black Diamond Sand - CO2...
1-19 of 45 Results