The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 140 Results
  1. Tank Journals
    Hi! I’m a relative newbie at aquascaping. I’ve always liked the idea of keeping fish and decided to splurge on a 75 gallon… currently at the hardscape stage. For filtration I’m planning on running a fluval fx4 (which I already have) and possibly a secondary filter for inline co2 injection/a co2...
  2. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi! I’d like to preface this by saying I’m pretty new to aquariums. My only experience with planted aquariums is limited to a helping (doing everything) for my friend with his 5 gallon shrimp tank (8 month old low tech scape with cherry shrimp, dhg, rotala, and java moss). About 6 months ago, I...
  3. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi, this is my first post here and first planted tank so I'm hoping to get some advice, hopefully some pointers as to what I'm doing wrong and what I should do next! I have a 3 gallon 360 nano tank I started a couple days ago with fluval plant and shrimp stratum substrate, no co2 injections or...
  4. Equipment
    New to using Co2 in an aquarium, and wondered if these pieces would work to be an effective Co2 vs. buying a full kit from other manufacturers. FZone - Aquarium Co2 Regulator DC Solenoid w/ bubble counter and check valve plant grow DIY CO2 System Side Open cylinder Yagote Co2 diffuser. - 3...
  5. Equipment
    Hi, all. I inherited this tank several months ago at work, and I am entirely new to fishing keeping and aquaria. I've been doing water changes, cleaning up with a suction, etc. as instructed and doing all I can. The shrimp that were in the tank did not last long, which I believe was due to the...
  6. Fish
    I am still new to the hobby, and learning as I go. I currently take care of a 10gal with five neon tetra that I inherited. As I learn, I find myself asking.... is there anything that can realistically live in the tiny 2.5-5 gallon tanks that are sold in most pet stores as "beginner kits"? I...
  7. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hello, I am wanting to create my first planted tank and am new to the hobby but have been watching videos on it for a long time. Finally taking the plunge and wanting to create my first tank as an island style nano tank ideally with a small school of nano fish (I like neon tetra, chilli rasbora...
  8. Algae
    Tank Specs: Cycled 20gal high with 0ppm on ammonia, nitrites and 5ppm nitrates I am injecting co2, but have an HOB that I’m afraid might have too much surface agitation. I just added a buffer so it flows more like lily pipes The plants pictured are small s repens and rotala coin leaf I am using...
  9. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I started dosing equilibrium in my tank nearly 2 weeks ago. Since then I have done a water change and added the appropriate amount of Eq back in. My water hasn’t been clear since. It’s stayed super cloudy even after I’ve increased the flow to my filter and changed the filter floss. I also added...
  10. Fish
    the tank I plan on putting them in has lots of plants, 3 nerites and an amano shrimp. Ideally the fish would be perfectly docile with these guys. I should note that maybe around 1.5 to 2 gallons of the tank is gravel/hardscape. currently my tank is heated at around 80F, and has plants that...
  11. Tank Journals
    Tank officially started on 04/20/22! My ideal goal is to have a heavily planted neo shrimp tank for my work desk. But I want to get it established at home first. Hardware Tank: UNS 5N Substrate: pool filter sand Filter: Mignon Filter 60 (this thing is adorable. And I call it fillet mignon in...
  12. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I'm still cycling it right now, but I'm extremely worried that it's going to be too small. The absolute last thing I want to do is abuse some poor little shrimps. And I really hope I don't get hate for this, I have anixety and just have been freaking out pretty badly for like 3 hours. This is my...
  13. Plants
    Background: I have a relatively recently planted tank. I set it up plants included on Feb 27, 22. It started with : Anubias Nana Cryptocoryne wendtii Tropica Moneywort Salvinia Minima Christmas moss Dwarf lilly. Since then the christmas has come out, I just didnt like how it looked and it...
  14. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi everyone! I’m very new to this and I decided I wanted to do a 10 gallon planted betta aquarium. I did all the research I thought I needed to do but alas it turns out nothing is straight forward so I need some help. I set up my tank 1 week ago with some moneywort, Anubias, Cryptocyne...
  15. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Happy to be a part of this community. We just got a 36 gallon tank for Christmas and did quite a bit of research leading up to it, however we are basically first timers. We set it up overnight, however we seeded the tank with some substrate and filter material from a friends healthy tank. We...
  16. Aquascaping
    Hello, this is my first aquascape, and I would appreciate your feedback. Something seems off, so I've included a couple ideas. However, feel free to deviate from my points. Top half seems too empty More soil to raise the rocks? Add more rocks? The wood on the right side seems off Too much...
  17. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I'm new to this hobby and on my way of setting up a 10Gallon planted tank. So far what I have: Waterbox Cube 10 (10 Gallon / 41 Liter tank) Ada Amazona version 2 Aqua soil as substrate Hardscape with rocks and some aquarium safe wood branches I ordered some aqua plants and I plan to plant...
  18. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Dear all: This is going to be my first "real" tank. My first tank was a one gallon with plastic tree. The betta fish last as long as you expected in that setting. I want to do something more right this time, something that doesn't constitute as animal cruelty. The tank I got is a cylindrical...
  19. Plants
    So my wife and I have gotten into fish keeping in the past month and have made many mistakes, but things seem to be stabilizing now, with the exception of some of our plants. I have a helanthium in the tank that has brown spots, some pale leaves and some chunks missing from it. There is also a...
  20. Low Tech Forum
    Hi! :giggle: I've had my tank for a little under 4 months now and it has already gone through so many changes as I have been getting it established. I've made plenty of newbie mistakes, but somehow have managed to keep all my fish alive (if not all my plants)! I started off not doing anything...
1-20 of 140 Results