The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-9 of 40 Results
  1. Tank Journals
    Decided to start a 30c tank with some fun adventuring places for shrimps to explore. My idea is just a little shrimp playground, with tiers, lots of plants, a few caves, some epiphyte-covered knee mountains, and a beach. I have a cypress knee collection from working in swamps over the years...
  2. Aquascaping
    Style: Iwagumi - For my 7 year old daughter. Tank: ADA 60-H Volume: 75 liters Lighting: CurrentUSA Serenesun 4325 -2250lm, 6000K-8000K, PAR unknown but I use a "circadian cycle" mostly light fully on from 07am to 7pm. Amazonia new (a year old) - might be depleted Plants: Utricularia...
  3. Plants
    I have been wanting to do a UG Iwagumi scape for several years. I finally took the plunge and started this 20 gallon long tank mid-March with $80 worth of UG from Buce plants. Over four months I have got the UG to completely carpet just in time to move and need to tear this down. I'm torn...
  4. Aquascaping
    Hello, I got overly enthusiastic and chose UG as my first carpeting plant. I did a dry start from May 1 - early June with little to show, then flooded the tank about 5 weeks ago. I followed a method I saw on instagram - no filter, no heater, no co2 (couldn't get it cause of lockdown anyway)...
  5. Plants
    Hi guys, I have a new planted tank with HC Cuba and UG, after growing them DSM, which I then have to flood them after a month because white fungus starts to appear (my country is way to humid and also the DW is causing a lot of fungus). so the first 5 days, nothing happens.... but then suddenly...
  6. Plants
    Jan 05 2019 I am growing a foreground of Utricularia Graminifolia, aka UG. I know it's a carnivorous plant, having little bladder sacs that vacuum up little organisms in the water column. I'm curious to know what you possibly feed your plant? Would the plant eat rotifers such as philodina? Or...
  7. Plants
    Hi, I need help on planting UG (utricularia graminifolia) in my tank... I have done it three times. 1. separate them into small pieces and roll it like a hair grass and plant them. spray 2 - 3 times a day, put on the shelf (below level) so it doesn't get direct natural light. and it...
  8. Tank Journals
    Hi guys! I have been looking through journals on this forum for some time now. Just haven't created an account or anything. But I thought it was about time to share my aquariums. The first one I would like to show you guys is my ADA 60-P. Here are the specifics: Fauna: 16 Harlequin rasbora 10...
  9. Tank Journals
    Older Picture - 10/13/2013 ↓↓↓Updated Picture and Data: 7/29/2017↓↓↓ Lightning: Finnex FugeRay Aquarium LED. 4 blue LEDs/32 white LEDs. 4 watts. 7000Ks. 10 inches long Filter: Eheim 2211. with Purigen bag added to media Inflow/Outflow CalAquaLabs Efflux F1 and Influx X1, both 13mm in...
1-9 of 40 Results