The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 29 Results
  1. Low Tech Forum
    Hi folks, I have a few big low tech tanks and want to add a Pico to my office space. It will be < 5 gals and plants will me mostly Anubias Petite. Maybe Java fern moss and a few Frogbit plants. I'm looking for a very low output desk or clipon light. I have anubias growing with only ambient...
  2. Tank Journals
    Hi friends! After about 8 years being out of the hobby, quarantine boredom, combined with Memorial Day sales, has dragged me back into it. I've kept high-tech planted in a range of sizes and reefs with SPS. I was going to to set up a reef but decided to wait until my living situation was a bit...
  3. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello, I just purchased a 0.9 gallon marina cubus and was thinking of starting a planted/cherry shrimp tank. Will most likely use a desk lamp with a 6500K cfl for light, no CO2, and probably dose macro/micros once a week. I just needed some suggestions on what type of filter and heater I can use...
  4. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hey Everyone! I'm trying to figure out if the plants I have growing emersed will continue to grow (or at least not die) submersed in my tank with flourish excel and NO c02. Here are my tank specs: 1.5 gallon long 18"x5.5"x7.1" light specs: (IDK what any of this means) 110V 60Hz 4.1W...
  5. Planted Nano Tanks
    I've been thinking about setting up a native nano. Anybody have any suggestions for stocking?
  6. Planted Nano Tanks
    I've setup yet another tank, but only because my last one was destroyed. We had to move so allot of my supplies are still in boxes. For this setup I used my converted reef tank as a freshwater setup. From this: [/URL][/IMG] to this: [/URL][/IMG] Inhabitants include the lone surviving...
  7. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hi people! I really like small tanks! So I have 3, maybe 4, maybe 5 tanks do setup and start testing, :) What I really love about this wonderful hobby, is to test, improvise, take risks and try, with responsibility logically. Now, I have this displays: 20 x 20 x 20 cm - 2 gal 30 x 20 x 25 cm...
  8. New Member Introductions
    Hello guys, I'm from Brazil, I have 35 years old and few years away from aquariums, I actually really like the nano and pico ones. I have 3 projects and waiting the glazier (is this the right word to describe a individual who make glass things to live?) finish the aquariums. The projects...
  9. Tank Journals
    Equipment Aquatop 2G 8" Cube Coralife 9/18w light fixture (using it as 9w) Red Sea Nano filter Cheap window tint Two Little Fishies NanoMag Scape Aquasoil II Powder Hollow stump Flora Anubias nana petite Fissidens fontanus Hydrocotyle japan A piece of moss that I don't know the identity...
  10. Low Tech Forum
    I've asked this before on another forum but never got a straight answer, just conjectures... Can you cycle a no-tech pico to have beneficial bacteria to safely house fauna? Or do people with no-tech picos generally rely on heavy planting, frequent water changes, and specific fauna that can...
  11. Low Tech Forum
    While being stuck in my house for nearly three days I've grown restless and have taken it out on my aquariums:) In the basement I found my old betta tank that probably hasn't been used in a year or so, probably my last attempt at this what the last time it was used. I grabbed it and took it up...
  12. Tank Journals
    Introduction: I was intrigued by the Cubus after seeing houseofcards's, so I decided to give it a shot, especially since all I needed to purchase was the tank AND it has been a while since I set up a new tank. While the glass is of poor quality, the silicone work isn't bad and the panels match...
  13. Fish
    The university i'm interested in going to (UT) allows fish in 5 gallons or smaller. What are the best "micro" fish that anyone has had experience keeping?
  14. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I am trying to decide on the best bottom feeder/eco-cleaner for my glass pico tank. It is a 2g cube with a relatively large Amazon sword planted in SeaChem onyx sand, and a small school of Neons. No filtration. Fish & plant are as happy and healthy as they can be. It's remarkably simple and...
  15. Tank Journals
    I got a serious case of envy looking at all those cute 'planted tanks in a cup'. Not to be left behind, on June 11, 2013 I put on my urban combat gear and braved a recon to Michael's behind the DMZ. The minor annoyances of a drive-by, an attempted mugging, and an unpleasant face-on meeting with...
  16. Low Tech Forum
    I went to my LFS and was once again enchanted by the Freshwater side of this hobby. So, I converted one of my Saltwater Picos to Freshwater. It was created from items I already had. Here's Day 1 October 13, 2012- It's messy ATM, but I imagine the moss covering both the sand and log. It...
  17. Tank Journals
    I'm moving back to college dorms in two days! ...Leaving behind all my fish and aquariums with the parents. Fortunately, I come home every other weekend to tend to all that jazz. But all the time in between... no aquarium fun. I've always found pico tanks (and when I say pico, I mean VERY...
  18. Planted Nano Tanks
    First post on here, yay! I started this lil project from an old Lipton tea powder jar I had laying around, roughly .5-.75 liters. I'd used it before as a hospital jar for my betta, then for growing hair algae- err, xmas moss. Then I finally got bored, stared at my Dwarf Sag. that hadn't been...
  19. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi all, here is some info about my tank: tank: 2 gallon fluval spec filter: sump with large sponge and 2 packs of biomax (I took out the activated carbon) light: 13w fluval 6400k cfl clamp-on lamp flora: nesaea "red" hc (Hemianthus callitrichoides) fauna: 6 espe's...
1-19 of 29 Results