The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 500 Results
  1. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi guys, On Tuesday my first ever Bamboo Shrimp arrived. I think it's a lady and I called her Chew Chew. I drip acclimated for 4 hours then released her into the tank and she promptly disappeared. I haven't seen her since. My tank isn't huge (56L) but it is well planted and has a couple of...
  2. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hello and happy Saturday! I am newer to the aquarium hobby and even more of a novice to shrimp tanks. I would love suggestions to my new 10 gallon tank. I have 20 cherry shrimp drip acclimating as we speak and 4 guppies in the tank. Do I need anymore ground cover/plants/wood? Thank you for the...
  3. Equipment
    I got a Mini Green Killing Machine UV with powerhead GKM3W to help with green water. Is this safe for baby shrimp? If not, ideas on how to cover the intake?
  4. Photography
    I find macro photography enjoyable, and shrimp make a great subject. I'm going to challenge myself to post one photo of my shrimp everyday for the next 30 days. Some days will be better than others. Day One - Lady Amano in Red
  5. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Snowflake shrimp are usually opaque when lights are on, but after lights out and a lit background, I noticed this. Do you think she's berried? Is it even a she? Edit: reinserted photos
  6. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I got 7 orange rili shrimp last week and found two dead this past week. My parameters are fine except for high hardness. Does anyone know why they could have died?
  7. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    So recently, due to my mental health, I got back into having shrimp again, and instead of having my usual kind of Neocaridina species (Blue Velvet and Blue Dream), I am going to get Green Jade Shrimp. I aim to breed a blue-green type of shrimp, and I believe there is one called a Blue-Green...
  8. Tank Journals
    20 gallon Red Crystal Shrimp Tank As a hobbyist who has been nurturing Crystal Shrimp for two years and has gained some understanding of their behavior, I am pleased to announce my intention to commence an experiment in selective breeding this year. I will diligently record the status of my...
  9. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    The excitement of receiving a shipment of black snowflake shrimp from a fellow Planted Tank member was almost unbearable. That is, until I saw this... The box felt sopping wet. My heart sunk. :cry: Were my new guests ok? Maybe the box fell in a puddle and everything was fine. I rushed...
  10. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hello, my berried snowball shrimp recently dropped the eggs I think because stress as I needed to change the tank due to pump failure. So sad to see she does not have any more eggs. Any tips on how to breed shrimps?
  11. Tank Journals
    Got a free 5 gal from my girlfriend's mom, and I'd been thinking about starting another shrimp tank for about a year now. I used to keep CRS around 8 years ago and after looking into neocaridinas I've decided I wanted a Blue Jelly tank. I tried making a moss wall once, I ended up getting...
  12. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi, I have a berried shrimp in my tank. How will I know if they are ready to hatch? Also, do I need to make any special arrangements for the berried shrimp? thanks in advanced!
  13. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I originally thought that you needed 1-2 months before adding neocaridina shrimp, but I’ve seen some people say you only need to wait for a little bit of biofilm and algae. My tank already has a lot of biofilm after just under 2 weeks so I’m wondering if I can add shrimp soon
  14. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    So in my comunity tank 25g which is around 96L in my country I found couple of planaria. I must say that I really hate them. In my tank there are ember tetras, pigmy corys, cherry shrimps, two rabbit snails, ramshorns, bladder snails, one brotia pagodula snail and planaria. I dont know what to...
  15. Aquascaping
    Second aquarium. I will put shrimp in in ~2 months, but will be using the shrimp for a project in my agriculture class in the meantime
  16. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi, this is my first post, and I am new to the aquarium hobby. I created my first planted tank, which is 3 gallons with various types of plants, driftwood, and a few lava rocks, and the only filtration I have is a sponge filter to provide extra oxygen to the tank. My tank has my beloved six...
  17. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I'm planning on making a nano shrimp tank, roughly 25cm x 25cm x 25cm, equating to roughly 4.1 gallons. However besides shrimp as a main animal, I have little ideas for the hardscape and no ideas for the plants. I also don't know if this should be filterless or not because of the small size. I...
  18. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    My 14gal community tank is basically fully stocked as far as fish go at the moment. I've got a swordtail, 7 neon tetras, 4 cory cats, and a pair of mystery snails, as well as elodea, amazon sword, java moss, and monte carlo. I was wondering if I could add a small group of shrimp to help with...
  19. Substrate
    Hello. Im setting up a small tank for a few random brown-black shrimp i found in my red cherry tank. I have a big bag of what I think is crushed shells. Of course this would be layered on top of a layer of aquasoil for the plants. Is it okay if i use this substrate? Or will it mess up the gh...
1-19 of 500 Results