The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-12 of 15 Results
  1. New Member Introductions
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySEOixGDbak I soldered four blue 0805 surface mount LED's to the speakers with 30 guage kynar wire and installed 5.00 m33-6 custom firmware. Any other PSP modders here?
  2. New Member Introductions
    I'm finally 14, and now I'm getting a job so that in two years I can get a car. I applied for a job at the grocery stores Publix and Winn Dixxie. I wonder if one of them will accept me.
  3. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Several of my red cherry shrimp already have a saddle. How long does it usually take for a shrimp to have eggs after a saddle appears? Thanks for helping me by answering my question.
  4. Equipment
    I got this aquarium for free. It has a base the same size as a 10 gallon tank, so it fits the hood from my old 10 gallon. It is two times taller than an average 10 gallon. How many gallons is it? Thanks for your help. I wanted to sell it and get a tank with a bigger base. Here is a picture of...
  5. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I'm upgrading to a 20 gallon high tank. It's twice as high as a normal 10 gallon. Any aquascaping ideas for it? I don't want the top to look empty.
  6. Aquascaping
    I got a new 20 gallon high aquarium today, which is twice as tall as a normal 10 gallon, and I need some ideas on how to decorate it. Perhaps a tall piece of driftwood? Does anyone here have a 20 gallon high with pics? I need ideas. Thanks. :icon_bigg
  7. New Member Introductions
    If you are obsessed with keeping and breeding shrimp, join my Shrimp Obsessed group. http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/groups/shrimp-obsessed.html
  8. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I got play sand as my substrate, and I wanted some shrimp so that they would clean all of the poo stuff that accumulates on top of the sand. Do they eat leftover fish flakes that lay on the bottom of the tank? And will shrimp uproot or eat plants? Also, do most shrimp eat algae? Thanks for...
  9. Tank Journals
    I made the journal a while after setting up the tank. Also some of my pictures disappeared and I had to delete some of the entries because there were no pictures to go with them. Here's a list of all of the materials. Every time I buy something for the tank, I will add it to this list. The...
  10. Aquascaping
    Here's a picture of my 10 gallon planted tank. What could I do to make it look better with what I have in the tank? Also, what could I add? I also need to let the plants grow more, then it will look better. Any ideas on how to make a sand cave? And I got that clump of phoenix moss floating...
  11. Substrate
    Has anyone here ever used play sand as a substrate in a planted tank? I am considering it. How will it affect the water chemistry? It's really cheap at 4$ a bag for 50 pounds. Will it change the pH by a lot?
  12. Plants
    I found this moss somewhere and don't know what kind it is. I thought it might be pheonix moss, but it doesn't appear to be that. I can't really tell it's growth pattern because I just attached it to my bogwood. Maybe you know? :icon_roll . It appears to be a type of Fissidens. It is pretty...
1-12 of 15 Results