The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-14 of 14 Results
  1. Algae
    I am a newbie. This is regarding my very first planted tank - or the very first tank for that matter. I have this aquarium which is on a dry start for about 5 weeks now. I have a Monte Carlo carpet, nile sand, some driftwoods and a seiryu rock. I have a light going on for 12 hours each day. and...
  2. Algae
    I've been recently having outbreaks of black algae and green spot algae in my 75g planted tank and would greatly appreciate any feedback/advice for treatment. My tank is lightly stocked (a few danios/tetras and a rainbow shark) and I perform 25% water changes weekly. This is my first tank and...
  3. Algae
    Hey guys! So I have been getting a lot of GSA in my 15 gallon tank, and was wondering if any of you know what I can do about it. For note, I do have a nerite snail, however I think it is too much for him to eat on his own haha. Poor Pablo. Anyways, I've heard you need to add phosphate to get...
  4. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello, My 15gal tank has been having some troubles with GSA for a couple weeks now, and it's starting to irritate me. It was on the glass only for a while, but now I can see it on my s. repens really well, as well as my anubias. I have one nerite snail, but he doesn't seem to be doing much. I...
  5. General Planted Tank Discussion
    So around July 22nd, I was having issues with one of my frogs, and long story short, someone at my LFS told me it was because my water was too soft (yes he was wrong, but I was desperate to help the little guy). I had been using RO water from a different LFS, without remineralizing, as I had no...
  6. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    So I’ve been trying to encourage dense plant growth while getting rid of algae and bring out the color. This has mostly worked for me, but my plants really don’t have quite the color that I want. My Starogyne Repens have some green spot algae on their leaves, some have holes, some are yellowing...
  7. Algae
    Hi, I posted on here a few days ago about getting more algae than normal, especially on my A. Reineckii. They seem to be more prone to getting algae on lower leaves than other. What I've done in the past is just trim it more often so healthy areas are getting the most light. This did help but...
  8. Plants
    Hi guys, I've had my A Reineckii for about 8 months now. It was in a really bad condition when I got it from Petsmart. Since then the one plant has turned in to a pretty nice red midground/background bush of about 7 plants and the color has gone to a really nice reddish purple. The only...
  9. Low Tech Forum
    I have read a lot about the possible causes and treatments dealing with green spot algae. However, there has not been a clear cut solution/method to eradicate it, especially from plants. I am looking for someone that has had proven success dealing with GSA and what method they used to do so...
  10. Algae
    Curious if anyone has had success using API Algaefix on planted tanks with hair algae and/or green spot algae? Did it affect live plants? Does it harm snails or be beneficial beneficial bacteria? Been trying the 3x dose Seachem Excel but it's not put a dent in it yet much less start killing it...
  11. Algae
    I am getting some kind of 'black spot' algae on my anubias, ONLY the leaves closest to the light, not on glass/wood/anything else. It is NOT Black Beard Algae - it's totally flat, no texture at all, and has been in the tank for over a month like that. I know my pics make it look like it might...
  12. Algae
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, so bear with me :) I have been dealing with green spot algae for a few months now and its starting to really annoy me now... I have a 45 gallon freshwater planted tank, with lots of live plants (telanthera reinekii cardinalis, anubias, java fern, italian...
  13. Algae
    So, i posted awhile back about some other stringy algae. That is finally gone-I had to take out the Java Moss it was entrenched in. Keeping the parts that had rooted on to the driftwood. It hasn't come back yet. Now I have these little fuzzball algaes, not many and they are small, growing on my...
  14. Algae
    I'm new to the planted aquarium world. I have a 26 gallon bow front that is heavily planted, with 13 fish, swordtails, mollies, a few tetras, and two mystery snails. I have 96 watts, two 6000K, and two roseate T5 lamps. The roseate lamps run for twelve hours daily, and the 6000k's for ten. The...
1-14 of 14 Results