The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 18 Results
  1. Algae
    I have a low tech 25G tank. Tank Specs : I keep the light on for 10 hours at full brightness, blue is at 90%. I feed twice daily (i do overfeed a bit, as I read somewhere that could help out in some fertilizer). I initially had many issues with my plants and tank, but I finally got them...
  2. Algae
    I've been recently having outbreaks of black algae and green spot algae in my 75g planted tank and would greatly appreciate any feedback/advice for treatment. My tank is lightly stocked (a few danios/tetras and a rainbow shark) and I perform 25% water changes weekly. This is my first tank and...
  3. Algae
    Hi there, I have a low tech 29 gallon fully planted tank with fish. It’s been running for over a year and I’ve been doing everything I can to get rid of this pesky brown and black algae. It’s gotten so bad that it has stunted the growth of my golden anubias, anubias petite, and many of my Buce...
  4. Algae
    Hello Planted Tank Forum! First post! I've had a 20gal tall tank planted with various plants over the last year and am having the worst luck with the Amazon Swords, which I thought were supposed to be super easy to grow. This started out as a basic tank for my 5 year old to learn basic...
  5. Algae
    Hi folks - newbie to the forum. A regular over @ fishlore, but I feel this situation is probably best suited for folks over here. Battling some black stuff, which is kind of odd - I attached a pic of my Anubius as an example that you can see it all over the foreground leaves, but it's not...
  6. Algae
    Hello everyone! I have been to this site a bunch of times and finally thought I would post after trying other things I have read that didn't seem to work. I currently have a bad algae problem. I think it is black beard algae, but I don't know for sure. I have 2 siamese algae eaters, but they...
  7. Algae
    Hi guys, I could really use your expertise now. I have a pet shop in Sweden together with my wife - cat/dog is her part and mine are fish and plants. Our aquarium plants never did any good in the fish tanks, naturally, so about a year ago we started up a dedicated 720 liters tank just for the...
  8. Algae
    Hello everyone, I have a 40 gallon (sort of) planted tank that i would like to work on and get looking really good. I have a problem, though. It's this fuzzy-like black algae. There's a picture of it (below). I've done some research and heard that it's basically the worst kind of algae and that...
  9. Algae
    My biggest issue with my tank is that I am beginning to see unremovable black dots on the leafs of my plants. Its primarily on the Anubias but I am beginning to see it spread to my other plants. I have a 20 gallon, Freshwater tank, No CO2 and I do not heavily dose my tank with excel because...
  10. Algae
    I am getting some kind of 'black spot' algae on my anubias, ONLY the leaves closest to the light, not on glass/wood/anything else. It is NOT Black Beard Algae - it's totally flat, no texture at all, and has been in the tank for over a month like that. I know my pics make it look like it might...
  11. Algae
    I have some new watee wisteria I got from some indian man in my city. And I believe it has some black algae on it :angryfire I removed the worst leave but its coming back I dont know if this a type of algae or deficiency of my plant. I need to know what to do I dont want it spreading to my...
  12. Algae
    I think it's black bush or black hair? Whatever it is, it is persistent. I've tried a 3 black out, hydrogen peroxide, raised the light, went from 13watt to 9 watt, and yet it remains. Any solution or a thread that can lead me to the right direction? It's a 4g Finnex. No CO2. Dose Excel 2-3 times...
  13. Algae
    So, i posted awhile back about some other stringy algae. That is finally gone-I had to take out the Java Moss it was entrenched in. Keeping the parts that had rooted on to the driftwood. It hasn't come back yet. Now I have these little fuzzball algaes, not many and they are small, growing on my...
  14. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I have DIY Co2 on a 46g planted tank, 1.8wpg T5. I also have a ton of hair algae and bba on most of my plants, which is really doing some damage. I was told that Co2 helps in controlling bba. What I need to know is how much Co2 I should have and how long it takes. I have between 15-20ppm...
  15. Algae
    I have pruned a lot and added a 400 gph power head. That only gets me to 7 turn overs per hour. I have also slightly increased the CO2. Still dosing normal as well. BBA is back and grows a little daily. I was at reputable the fish store today and they told me that rosy barbs will eat bba. I...
  16. Algae
    I did a search but didn't find what I was looking for. I read somewhere that using bleach would be effective to get rid of bba. I am planning on doing a water change and removing the plants I have covered with bba. Since I need to get rid of some water to even get to the plants, the water change...
  17. Algae
    Dear friends, I keep having this problem with leaves that turn black, it doesn't look like any well known algaetypes as described on many sites. It's very present on my E. Bleheri, but also on other plants and on the background (which used to look nice:icon_cry:). The plants grow, but all...
  18. Algae
    I've had this growing on my plants for as long as i can remember. Can anyone tell me what it is and how to get rid of it. here's my tank stats pH 7.0 w/ diy C02 ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0 ? this baffles me kh 5 gh 8 light 2 wpg dosing excel 3ml (M,W,F) trace 4.5ml...
1-18 of 18 Results