The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 51 Results
  1. Algae
    I have a planted tank with sump. Algae grows all over the DT, but not in the sump fuge. The fuge has low light from 10am to 4:20 pm, and never grows any unattractive algae. The DT has lights with ramp timers so that it can be dimly lit in the evening, and it grows black beard algae all over the...
  2. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I wasn’t sure whether to post this here or in the Algae section. I had some BBA as a result of a power outage stopping the CO2 for a day, or possibly just because it was too low and so were some nutrients. I think those problems have been solved and the BBA is almost entirely gone. How long...
  3. Algae
    I’m trying to fight some BBA. I think I’ve fixed the problem that led to its start, but I’m still trying to get rid of it. First I was using Excel, but then I read that H2O2 was better, so I started spot-treating with that. The tank is 68 gallons, and I’ve only been dosing 4 ml a day, with the...
  4. Plants
    Hi everyone, wanted to share my problem with you. My tank has been neglected for a couple of months (during january-february), and I started having BBA problems on my hardscape and on a few spots of the HC carpet that I had. I've since removed the parts that were infested with algae, and now I...
  5. Algae
    I have a co2 supplemented tank, 21gal long, that recently started having some mild bba issues. I'll include close up pics of affected plants as well as some pics of my overall setup. I just can't figure out what's causing it, and it's only happening to plants in my front row, nothing else...
  6. Algae
    Hello Everyone! It is perhaps not surprising that so many aquarists find algae taking up residence in their tanks. I suspect anyone who is currently struggling with algae is likely to find the following worth a read... https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/edn3.139 Note: an example...
  7. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi everyone, I have had this tank set up for about 6 months now, and my drop checker always seems to be blue no matter how much CO2 I dose. I got an in-line diffuser a few months ago because I heard those are more efficient but it still doesnt seem to change. Right now I am dosing about 3...
  8. New Jersey
    I’m over this battle with bba I need it gone, but I can’t seem to find SAE anywhere local (Vineland NJ) , am I missing somewhere? PLS HELP
  9. Algae
    my 40g tank was doing so well but it all came down pretty quickly. bba started growing at an immense rate and my fish had camallanus worms:( Fortunately, Im dosing the tank with meds for the worms and they seem to be reacting good to it. However my bba has not gotten under control at all if...
  10. General Planted Tank Discussion
    It's been 3 years now with planted tanks, and it is getting exhausting and frustrating. My discus, frontosa, cichlid tanks, and my koi ponds are all doing great, but this planted stuff is more difficult than saltwater, in my opinion. I used to think discus were hard, now they are easy once I...
  11. Algae
    My tank has recently, and rather quickly, accumulated various types of algae. I have green spot algae, what I believe is black beard algae, and probably hair algae. The last two happened within the last week, the GSA has been a problem for a while. Parameters of my 15 gal Ammonia: 0 pH: 7...
  12. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hi all, I know there are numerous threads that exist on BBA, how to cure it, causes, etc. I'm relatively new to the hobby, but I have educated myself extensively on it. Here's my dilemma: When I first set up my tank, I didn't know what I was doing at all. What started as a small, single patch...
  13. Algae
    Hello Prof's :D I have planted tank been established for 2 months all plants look healthy almost and the growth rate is good as well. I have noticed that the BBA start growing on the plants' leafs I don't I know I think the reason is unbalanced of ( Co2 & light & fertilizer ) can someone...
    bba
  14. Algae
    Hey guys, Long time lurker, first time poster. I recently obtained a 75g and I am super excited to start it. I am planning on doing BDBS for substrate. I currently have Fluval Stratum and sand in my 30g planted. I would like to use this as a base for my new 75g to establish beneficial...
  15. Algae
    This tank has become an ongoing problem (headache!) because of reoccurring BBA. It is so ugly. Im thinking it is time to just tear it down and start over. New substrate, most plants tossed and other plants treated with H2O. I have read and listened to various opinions on this forum regarding...
    bba
  16. Algae
    Hello! Context: 50 gallon, CO2 injected tank Ph (7.0 to 6.5 range), Aquarium Co-Op Easy Green, Seachem Tabs.... I've no idea how to usefully report how much light my tank is getting. But if a responder asks I'll try.... My question: I have what appears to be black stains on the leaves left...
  17. Algae
    all of a sudden this showed up in my 75 gallon. looks like little green specks, about the size of a qtip tip. should i remove it or is it a good moss/algae by chance?
    bba
  18. Tank Journals
    Hello everyone! I was a lurker in this forum a while back just didn't post here, like, at all. So here's this little box of wonders that has been with me for almost a decade. When i was in standard 5, i can across a book-Ultimate Aquarium by Gina Sandford. I was enthralled by the contents of...
  19. Plants
    Help please? I've am so confused about my CO2 and Ph levels in my 65 gal planted tank. The more I read the more confused I get. My Ph is a natural 7.8 from the tap and in my tank. I have be injecting CO2 for about 2 yrs now and still can't get it right. I just purchased a CO2...
  20. Algae
    Thought I should post it here as in my journal I don't reach everyone. IMO this is a very simple, cheap but effective method to keep the tank clean as possible. To much can organic waste can trigger algae like BBA (which we all hate don't we). Items needed: Turkey baster Hose (I use a 9/12...
1-20 of 51 Results