The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-9 of 62 Results
  1. Plants
    This is my first planted tank (10gal, will eventually put shrimp in it). Normally I’m no green thumb but I figured I’d try my hand at the dry start method. In general I am pretty bad at keeping plants alive so I would greatly appreciate some pointers. Yesterday I bought a S. repens tissue...
  2. Plants
    I originally posted this on another forum, so I'll paste what I wrote there with the dates. 01/08 "So a couple days ago, all my s repens in my tank dropped like half their leaves. All my other plants look great, and the s repens has been growing and propagating awesomely in the tank for the...
  3. Plants
    Can anyone identify what's going on with my Repens? My weekly dose: NO3 = 3.5ppm PO4 = 7ppm K = 24-30ppm Ca = 45ppm (due to low Ca on my tap water). During WC, only added to the water changed) Mg = 6ppm Iron 0.12ppm CO2 = 2 hours. Almost yellow when the light begins. Almost 1d Ph drop...
  4. Algae
    Hi All, This is my first post in the planted tank forum after several years. This tank is about 1 and half years old. I have been battling all kinds of algae like crazy. I have tried all kinds of things, but still unable to battle algae and my stem plants are just dying. Please see the following...
  5. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    22 gallon long tank that has been setup for about 6 weeks. Have had a ton of growth lately but the past 3 days my staurogyne repens have been losing leaves and the other leaves are starting to turn pale and then fall off. My rotala and ludwigia have been having this problem to a much smaller...
  6. Plants
    Hello, i have a problem with my staurogyne repens, yellowing and hole on the leaves, then melt. I check the stem so far so good, so it happens only to the leaves. My tanks is 20 gallon, I dose EI , water change 50% every sunday, CO2 35ppm , 60 Watt LED Light DIY. Maybe someone knew this kind of...
  7. Plants
    Hello, I am relatively new to the planted tank scene, but have done lots of research. I have had overwhelming success with my first tank, a 20 long but recently noticed my S. Repens leaves drooping. Ive looked around and cant seem to find any solid information on why this happens! Any help is...
  8. Plants
    Does anyone have any experienced with going from emersed staurogyne repens to immersed? Recently I grew out a large portion of staurogyne repens emersed (from 3 tiny plantlets ended up with almost .5kg of s. repens). Decided to see how it will transform to immersed growth. Just curious if...
  9. Plants
    Hello to All! :x I write to get your expert opinion on this mysterious plant decay in Staurogyne repens. the Repens were growing well and i even trimmed them recently. Since few days back i am seeing parts of leafs are missing. It appears like a Caterpillar eaten leaf. but there are holes in...
1-9 of 62 Results