The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 30 Results
  1. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hi all, Currently have a planted Fluval Spec V in the later stages of fishless cycling. I have some Dwarf Hair Grass (not sure which type, but got it from Greenpro on Amazon), Anubias Nana, Echinodorus Parviflorus (mini sword), and 4 stems of Rotala H'ra Vietnam. I'm using the stock, updated...
  2. Tank Journals
    This tank has been through several different aquascapes in the past, all nature-style, until recently when I decided to try a biotope. It is not a true biotope, however, because it houses a betta splendens, neocaridina shrimp, and uses ADA Amazonia aquasoil as a base substrate. Tank: Fluval...
  3. Planted Nano Tanks
    So I bought myself a Fluval Spec V for Christmas. I've been looking at them for a long long time, but when I moved I tore down all my tanks so it's been awhile since I've had a tank. I don't have the tank yet, and I plan on doing a fishless cycle, but i want to have a flora/fauna list down with...
  4. New Member Introductions
    Hello everyone! I'm Savannah, a trans photographer/musician from southern MN. Although I am not new to keeping fish I am kind of new to "properly" keeping them. The last fish I had was an Oscar who I had for about a year and a half until I moved and my parents over-fed him. I've always been...
  5. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi everyone. Recently I set up a heavily planted Fluval Spec V 5 gallon nano tank, full of multiple java ferns, the beginning of a dwarf mini hairgrass carpet, anubias, and crypt wentii; all planted in fluval stratum (no fish or inverts in the tank as of right now). I dose the tank with the...
  6. Equipment
    Hi everyone, I just got back to planted tank again after 4 years! My first tank was Fluval Edge 6g, everything ran flawlessly for 3 years until I had to move for work. After reading a lot of reviews, I just got a Fluval Spec 5g shipped to me. I'm pleased with everything but the pump! Almost...
  7. Lighting
    I just got a Fluval Spec V and I love it. Just one betta in there but I'm looking to make it a planted tank. What can I grow easily with this basic/low lighting set up as far as different kinds of plants and Mosses?? I don't have Co2 set up yet but I may down the road. Here are the specs right...
  8. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I still have the original pump for my Fluval Spec V, it's been up and running for around 3 years. I had the pump set to the lowest flow control setting because I use to have a betta in it. I now have it stocked with 2 Rasboras, 2 Golden Tetra, 2 Ghost Shrimp, 2 Nerite Snails. I decided to kick...
  9. General Planted Tank Discussion
    The other day I spotted a new box design for the Fluval Spec V with claims for an improved light. I couldn't find anything online about this newer "model", so I figured I would provide everyone with a side by side comparison between the original gen 1 and the gen 2. The differences between the...
  10. Fish
    Hi Everyone, So I recently bought a fluval spec V and unfortunately, following my LFS recommendations overstocked it. I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations on how to proceed, knowing that I won't be able to return or buy a bigger tank for another few months. Here is how it is...
  11. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hey everyone, I'm currently debating about getting back into aquariums and purchased some Ohko stone for a hardscape idea. I really liked the look of the Spec V but need to know the inside tank dimensions to see if my idea will work. If anyone knows or could measure that would be a great help...
  12. Planted Nano Tanks
    h Worlds Apart. As much as it is challenging to create a healthy and thriving fish tank, there is something fascinating about cultivating miniature ecosystems on a small desk – having live fish, shrimp, snails, plants, and micro-infusoria co-existing with one another inside tiny, enclosed...
  13. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hello forum! This is my first post on literally anything fish/aquascaping/tank related and I could use some criticism on how to better my tank visually and to make my dwarf gourami happier! Tank has been cycling for at least a month and I just got the dwarf gourami 2 days ago and added I added...
  14. Tank Journals
    Alright folks. I didn't get any responses on my first thread regarding getting this guy going, so I've thrown all caution to the wind and went for it. To reiterate the earlier post, I had just gutted and disinfected the tank which had an ongoing Cyanobacteria problem, and though the issue had...
  15. Planted Nano Tanks
    Fluval spec 5
  16. Tank Journals
    Hello everyone! Here is my new Fluval spec 5 Its have been running for a week now. Everything is stock. I want to see how the light can grow plants. I had several tanks before and i decided to go more with smaller tanks since you can create different environments for each of them. Please...
  17. Photography
    The full potential of Low-light and Low-tech in a series of nano tanks. More upcoming tanks... Shot on the Galaxy Note 4 in high dynamic range. As much as it is challenging to cultivate a healthy and thriving nano tank, there is something fascinating about cultivating multiple miniature...
  18. Planted Nano Tanks
    "MAKING MAGIC IN GLASS BOXES" Summary 5 Month Update on two Fluval Spec V Low-Tech Nano tanks that were started in early 2015. They are fully planted, nano fish community tanks and these are the first tanks I have ever done in my life. I use the stock low-wattage 7500k LED fluval lights that...
1-18 of 30 Results