The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-17 of 24 Results
  1. Plants
    I bought 3 small monte carlo carpet starters around 4 weeks ago, put them in my planted tank, and they've brightened up significantly in color but they don't seem to be spreading at all. I have my tank lights on for 10 hours a day, my plants get fertilizer once a week, and there's a bit of an...
  2. Algae
    using the Walstad method I planted monte carlo TC, but even with DIY CO2 (sugar + yeast), the monte carlo does not seem to be healthy and spread apart. In the background, I also planted dwarf hair grass, but it's growing fine and even started propagating. That's not the case with monte...
  3. Plants
    Are there any plants that could live in the foreground of a tank that could make sort of a carpet in low light? Co2 will be injected as well as ADA aqua soil. My light is a cheap hygger light that I bought from amazon before I knew much about planted tanks, and don’t have the money for an...
  4. Plants
    Planted my first iwagumi setup. Been up and going for about a month. Everything was doing great until this past week. Now my montecarlo and Echinodorus tenellus is melting. I can't seem.to.figure out why. Any input would be great! Co2 injection Ph 7.4 beginning of co2 on then 6.4 - 6.2 at...
  5. Plants
    hello. I would really appreciate some help in diagnosing what issue is causing my Monte Carlo carpet to turn white and melt. My tank is approximately 2 months old. the first three weeks were great and the carpet grew out. then suddenly the plants started turning white and melting within a matter...
  6. Plants
    Hi all, I'm starting a new tank. Shallow 10 gallon. No CO2, Dirted using sifted organic potting soil with a black sand cap, med/high light using 13W CFL lighting, liquid ferts. Question: Which carpeting plants can I use for this setup? I'm currently leaning towards Dwarf Hairgrass, but I want...
  7. Low Tech Forum
    Hello, I'm starting a 29 gallon aquarium. I have pictures of the setup. I just laid down a bed of glosso carpeting seeds. However, I realized after planting that these are a semi difficult carpet to grow. Since I WILL not be using Co2 (atleast for now) I think I need to find another option...
  8. Lighting
    So my current light system has broken as i was about to start planting HC on my 10gal tank Which made me wonder... can i use my 5050 ip65 60leds/m LED strips for this plant (hemianthus callitrichoides)? especially because i love the possibility of changing the light colours if i want to (just...
  9. Plants
    Hey guys.... Living in tasmania is a bit of a drag sometimes... we've got strict quarantine laws and it's sometimes hard to get the plants that I want to use in my tanks. The pet shops around here (Devonport) get their plants from: Pisces Enterprises - Home I've had a bit of a look there...
  10. Low Tech Forum
    I want to set up a low tech planted tank for Cherry Shrimp but I have a few questions. When I first 'scape the tank and begin cycling is it plausible to use a temporary DIY CO2 system to jumpstart plant growth and then stop when time comes for livestock? possibly to bring pH back up? I do not...
  11. Aquascaping
    I have a ton of java moss in my grow out tank. I have seen people use SS mesh to tie down carpeting plant and moss. I think I have a good alternative for some people that can't find or don't want to use SS mesh. I had some plastic mesh that is used for fixing screen doors. This is a...
  12. Plants
    I just started getting into aquascaping, and right now I am working on growing a carpet. I got started with some dwarf baby tears, and they died. The dwarf grass is growing, but is taking really slow. I've heard that glosso are good, so that might be the next ones that I'll try. I'm looking for...
  13. Planted Nano Tanks
    I am looking to build a fresh water planted. I would like to carpet with dwarf baby tears. Which tank would you pick? Do either of these require mod lighting? Which mod lighting would be needed? Thank you all! Walk
  14. Plants
    Can Pogostemon helferi be grown in a Low tech/Non CO2 tank?
  15. Plants
    I think all of the following are good plants for a Low tech/Non CO2 set-up. *But I want to know which is the Best of all? *And, most importantly, can I keep all in a Single tank or not? *Are they repellant to each other? 1.Dwarf Blyxa. 2.Dwarf Marselia Fern. 3.Micranthemum Micranthimoides...
  16. Plants
    just wondering which plant is the best at forming a carpet on top of gravel. any suggestions? fast growing would be a bonus :)
  17. Plants
    Hi~ As some of you may already know, I am currently aquascaping my 5.5 gallon. Currently I have two extremely thin leaved swords that I do not know the name of. Other than that, there are no other flora in the tank. I was thinking of doing some sort of carpet, moss, perhaps? Anything would...
1-17 of 24 Results