The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 19 Results
  1. Tank Journals
    Hello everyone pretty simple Na, had some lava rock lying around and a few branches of Redmoor so i put them to together to make this. last picture is the first week, second ones are after about 2 months. the aquarium is now at the 4 month mark, its doing ok however it has issues with...
  2. Aquascaping
    NEW Cinematic video about the nature aquarium and the story of Takashi Amano in Japan. A Lot of work to edit it together but was very fun to do, hope you will get inspired for your wonderful aquascaping journey. I am hosting an Ask me anything in the comment section of my new video. So feel...
  3. Tank Journals
    After being out of the aquarium hobby in general for a few years, I decided to at least set up another planted. Can't spare the money nor the time for another reef system, even if I'd like to. Anyway, on to details: List changed and edited 12/14/2021 Tank: 18" x 18" x 18" ( 45cm x 45cm x 45cm )...
  4. Tank Journals
    Hey guys! This is my 80cm contest tank for 2019. Tank Optic white 80 x 40 x 40 cm 128l Light ADA RGB Solar Co2 Co2 art elite regulator + atomizer Aquaflora Plants Rotala Green, Rotala Rotundifolia, Rotala Hra, hydrocotyle tripartita, Microsorum Petite...
  5. Tank Journals
    Bout that time... After taking down my 80g shallow nature aquarium, I took a bit of a break and played around with some smaller tanks... scapes not lasting for more than a couple of months, then redoing and playing again. The itch came back to set up something bigger...but something different...
  6. Planted Nano Tanks
    New project in the ADA 45P Cube Garden. A brazilian mountain layout try.. this hardscape really need plants to look better. Sides, middle and background will be planted with mostly stem plants. Some color as well. Subscribe to my youtube channel :) www.youtube.com/nigelaquascaping Tank ADA...
  7. Tank Journals
    Got bored of my Iwagumi and wanted to do something with spiderwood. Decided to make my own forest. Have a look at my Youtube channel :) >> www.youtube.com/nigelaquascaping << Final video My tank with black background in the room. nigel aquascaping enchanted forest black background by...
  8. Photography
    Almost 3 months old just discovered planted aquariums and aquascaping, would really appreciate any feedback •20G SeaClear acrylic tank •Fluval stratum substrate •Fluval planted plus LED •Aqueon quiet flow 10 filter •DIY CO2 •EI dosing
  9. Fish
    Hi everybody, I am new on this forum and was hoping that you guys could help me with some advice for a large (250gallon/950L) nature aquarium that I want to set up. I would really like to work with fish species that will be able to produce fry and grow their numbers naturally in the...
  10. Tank Journals
    My first journal! I call this scape Octopus. The scape is about 8 weeks young. The Manzanita branches look like a reaching Octopus. The center of the round arch on the left is pretty close to the vertex of the Golden Ratio. The overall scape follows the shell pattern from right to left. The...
  11. Tank Journals
    Hi fellow TPT members! After a lot of tank journal "lurking", I have decided to finally start my own. What follows is my story up to this point (November 30th, 2012). Subsequent posts will track the progress of my current tank - what is referenced in the title to this thread. Introduction I...
  12. Tank Journals
    Hi guys, Here is my first aquarium. The beginning: Depicted in above pics is use of netlea brown soil substrate and netlea root fertilizer. fill up with remaining media. Total used : 1 9L bag + a couple of cups of brown soil. Front depth: 3" Rear depth: 6-7" night lighting: Time...
  13. Planted Nano Tanks
    This Journal is dedicated to Khoa Pham. The first person I ever taught Nature Aquarium to - and the first real customer I ever had. May the teachings in this Journal bring the same joy to others as it did to him. Cryptkeeper54 converted the first half of the thread into an eBook available for...
  14. Tank Journals
    I moved out for college, and the apartment I'm staying at could use a lil' more life. So, I decided to set up an aquarium to give myself something to do when I'm not studying other than play games. :hihi: Since my room's upstairs and it's not too big, I decided to stick with something small...
  15. Other Websites
    Hi everyone, Just a quick note here to let you know about a new planted aquarium podcast that I've started called Scape Fu. So far, we have two episodes up- Episode 1 features an interview with Erik Olson and 2 one with Ghazanfar Ghori. In the queue are JohnN (aquascapingworld.com), Karen...
  16. Tank Journals
    So she finally arrived, not without issue but the less said about that here the better. The tank is amazing, really really good silicone work, immaculate really. Here's my first scape, nothing too special, just seeing what works where. I've already learnt that Mazatania is very brittle...
  17. Tank Journals
    Pre-journal: Nano/Smallish Riparium, Nature Aquarium Style I think I have a pretty solid concept for a new display. I don't have the tank in place yet, so I start this pre-journal thread to jot down some ideas and get some feedback. As I get it rolling I might just continue with this thread, or...
  18. Tank Journals
    duplicate post, please delete
1-18 of 19 Results