The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-17 of 31 Results
  1. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hello! So I'm new to the forum and I recently got the Fluval EBI shrimp kit. It was on sale for $50 but I'm having a few problems & questions. 1. How to glue on the styrofoam background? I tried crazy glue and silicone and none worked. As soon as I added water it popped out! 2. As you guys may...
  2. Tank Journals
    Hello everyone. My first planted tank :) Tank Fluval Ebi 7.9 gal Lighting 60W 60 watt CLF lightbulb 6500K with a HOB sealed Lamp. CO2 CO2 is supplied by a Pressurized CO2 system 5lb tank (Mike) with Ista 3 in 1 Diffuser Fertilizers I dose EI weekly and 50% water change weekly (Niclog)...
  3. DIY
    Hey all, Maybe I'm not keyword searching the right words of what I am trying to get advice on. Does anyone know how I could mount my Fluval Ebi lights to a rimmed tank? I bought some Finnex LED's for my Ebi and I want to use my 2x 13W Ebi CFL fixtures on my 20g long. I was thinking about...
  4. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi everyone, I currently have 2 established tanks. (1) 10G PFR only tank and (1) 20G long Celestial Pearls, Pigmy Cories, Endlers, and a few RCS's. Pressurized paintball co2 on 20g and diy co2 on 10g. I will be getting my new Fluval Ebi on Friday. I ordered an extra lamp with it as well. I...
  5. Planted Nano Tanks
    hi, ive had many aquariums as a kid and have experience with growing a wide range of plants and vegetables but this is my first attempt at merging the two hobbies together into a planted tank. i started with a fluval chi and fluval flora but had to shut the chi down so ended up with many fish in...
  6. Algae
    Hello, I am having an algae outbreak I am not familiar with. I will provide quick background on tank. 7.9 gal nano Ebi up for about 3 months. 26 watt CF light - Finnex lamp. Eheim 2232 with lily pipes (installed 1 month ago) at 75% flow EI dosing with dry ferts and Flourish Pressurized CO2...
  7. Planted Nano Tanks
    New FTS - October 1, 2012 Details in Post #24 Here's my second tank I've got up and running in the new apartment, an 8g Ebi, completely started over from its previous life. It'll probably be rescaped somewhat in a month or two once I have to change desks and reposition it. And later on I'll...
  8. Lighting
    Hi, I just set up 2 Fluval Specs (2 gallons each) side by side and I want to upgrade to 1 SINGLE light instead of having to run 2 stock lights that aren't very good to begin with. The tanks side by side measure just over 14" across. What I'm looking for: - Something for my lowlight...
  9. Tank Journals
    Timelined pictures from each update go here Day 125 - 7/27/12 Day 80 - 6/12/12 Day 60 - 5/22/12 Day 45 - 5/7/12 Day 25 - 4/15/12 Day 14 - 4/4/12 Day 6 - 3/28/12 Day 1 - 3/22/12 Hey there, this is a thread I want to start to have a way to track my progress and share my (hopeful) success...
  10. Planted Nano Tanks
    My fluval ebi has been running for over a year now, but the last few months it hasn't looked it's best. Perfect time for a rescape after seeing all the beautiful nano cubes, floras and Ebis! Let me know what you think! Tank: Fluval Ebi 8 Gallon Lighting: 2 x 13W Fluval Ebi Light Filtration...
  11. Tank Journals
    This is the Fluval Ebi tank that I received from Practical Fish Keeping as a part of their September subscription offer. I am incredibly happy with this tank, and so are my Shrimp. I can tell, as I have babies already. Below are some videos of the tank, it has been setup now for 3 weeks, and is...
  12. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hello Everybody! Well cutting a long story short, after receiving scratched Flora and then getting a complimentary Ebi, I have 2 tanks. I'd been deliberating what to do with my Flora whilst waiting for its arrival, ranging from making a habitat for reptile/amphibians to making a nano reef tank...
  13. Tank Journals
    This is the Fluval Ebi tank that I receive from Practical Fish Keeping as a part of their September subscription offer. I am incredibly happy with this tank, and so are my Shrimp. I can tell, as I have babies already. Below are some videos of the tank, it has been setup now for 3 weeks, and is...
  14. Equipment
    Hi, longtime lurker here... I'm looking to setup a small shrimp-only tank in which to primarily separate out my best cherry shrimp and perhaps explore owning some CRS. I've been reading up on the merits and pitfalls of both the Fluval Edge and the new Ebi. Both are about the size tank I am...
  15. Tank Journals
    Fluval Ebi Pimp #20. Finally decided to document my progress. Here are the specs when I first started up the tank back in April: Finnex 360 canister filter Hydor Theo 50 watt Grapevine Wood Anubias Barteri Congensis Anubias Barteri Nana Red Ludwigia Anacharis Java Moss Marimo Moss Ball 3...
  16. Planted Nano Tanks
    I just bought my 1st tank ever, however cannot find a stand I like. Do you think a shelf using very good L brackets attached to wooden studs Will support a 8 gallon tank?
  17. Fish
    Does anyone have personal experience with these fish? There isn't a whole lot about them online. I'll be taking a tank of 7-10 gallons (Probably a Fluval Ebi) to college with me, I want to get the livestock sometime in the next few months to feed them well and condition them for the 700+ mile...
1-17 of 31 Results