The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 261 Results
  1. Aquascaping
    HI all. Been a fish keeper for years and I finally setup my first planted tank about a month ago. I planted a sad looking Water Sprite as one of the initial plants and it has since rebounded and grown to take over a pretty decent chunk of my tank. I've got another tank coming Thursday that...
  2. Aquascaping
    I restarted my 60P around Thanksgiving of 2023. It began with a 4 week dark start and planted a few days before the New Year. Below are the list of plants: Background Rotala Macrandra (left) Ludwigia Arcuata (middle) Cryptocoryne spiralis 'tiger' (right) Mid Alteranthera Reineckii 'mini'...
  3. Aquascaping
    Hello everyone! I am setting up a UNS 90U fish tank to grow some red/pink, green plants and some carpet plants. I am planning on keeping a lot of plants in my tank, so I will need a light that provides enough intensity and the right spectrum of light. I was wondering if anyone purchased or...
  4. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi all, This is my first post on PlantedTank so please be gentle :) Anyways, as the headline says I got some cloudy water during my 4th day on my dark start. I have a 140L scape with lavastones, wood, sand and 9L tropica aquasoil. What I also use is seachem stability from day 1 of the dark...
  5. Plants
    I just added a tiger lotus to my aquarium the issue I have though is that instead of growing directly out of the bulb the plant is a shoot that is running from the bulb. I heard tgar you are supposed to only bury part of the dwarf tiger lotus bulb but in my situation this would mean that most of...
  6. Aquascaping
    Hey guys! I've gotten permission to set up another tank for my birthday, which will be in approximately two months. I've decided to start the planning process now. This is going to be in a UNS 45U for my current betta and 6 pygmy corydoras. The plants are: Ludwigia Repens, Hygrophila...
  7. Aquascaping
    Hi all new 500L tank just setup. I am using Co2 for the first time. Please let me know your thoughts and feedback on the tank.
  8. Aquascaping
    I'm starting up this 29g soon, it's just gonna be a community tank with platies, Cory's, etc. I've got a rough idea of how I want to scape it, but I want some feedback from anyone who may want to take a look and throw some ideas up there. Substrate is gonna be eco complete with a pool filter...
  9. Fish
    Hi there, I have a 60 gallon tank and I built the aquascape with a cave in it with the intention of getting a bristlenose pleco. However the more I read, the more I'm concerned about my hardscape. I have two large pieces of mopani and several branches of manzanita. How much, in your experience...
  10. Aquascaping
    Hello! I am starting a new ~250L tank this summer and am hoping to house an oranda. Obviously these guys love to root about the bottom and I have heard so many horror stories of individuals using certain substrates and having a permanent cloudy tank due to this behaviour. Does anyone have any...
  11. Aquascaping
    Here is my 38gal community tank. It's finally coming back after an Apple Snail I had in there decimated the plant population (it took me a while to figure out why all my plants were dying!). Substrate is pool filter sand. Branches are found driftwood and rocks from a nearby river (all boiled of...
  12. Aquascaping
    hello does anyone know how i could break hakkai stone into smaller pieces its a pretty hard rock so i dont know what i can use to break it. thanks
  13. Plants
    Hey all, I've been playing around with some plants, and I believe I have come to the conclusion that I am not happy with the hairgrass in the bottom right side of the tank. Here's what it looks like after I yanked a bunch of stuff and substrate out, but this is the general area. It gets...
  14. Blue and Golden Boa Tank and Aquascape

Have to find the right balance with fertilizer and diy co2 and raising shrimp. Having more and more babies as I go along so maybe am doing something right.. I got 2 batches of blue boas from 2 different breeders and both show some golden boas in the line as well.. some are blue and golden at the...
  15. Equipment
    Hello! I'm Sam, fresh to the planted tank game. I've spent the last month or so doing a bunch of research, and I just started buying for my first high-tech tank. My plan is to go slowly through the tank build process, so I'm not sure yet what I'll be filling my tank with for livestock and...
  16. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Just set up this 22 gallon two weeks ago. I got all tissue culture plants except for two, and of course, this morning I saw a (smallish) pond snail (maybe bladder snail) on the glass. I pulled him out, but this evening I just found 3 more tiny little babies. So, how screwed am I? Is there any...
  17. Equipment
    I'm in such need, this is our 6th tank and I really need help. I currently have the superfish 45 but need the superfish 90. It needs to fit in a precise gap and no where on their website etc is the dimensions with the light on, I e how tall it will be. Does anyone know? 🤔
  18. Substrate
    Is it a problem to have a sand substrate be just and inch or two from a canister filter’s intake tube? I am getting ready to add pool filter sand substrate to a new tank, and in planning for that I realized that with my planned layout the sand will be elevated near the intake. Do I need to...
  19. Aquascaping
    Hi! I'm currently playing around with arranging rocks to scape this 29g tank and would love some feedback. I'm also going back and forth on whether I want to add height with wood or if I want to leave it as is and achieve height with just plants. I'm planning on planting Cryptocoryne crispatula...
  20. Aquascaping
    What would you do with this scape? I would love plant suggestions! I was going for tangly driftwood, slightly disorganized on purpose. I was originally planning a blackwater biotope for for some Brevibora dorsiocellata but now I’m thinking about a scape with just a colony of fancy Caridina. I...
1-20 of 261 Results