The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 321 Results
  1. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi, this is my first post, and I am new to the aquarium hobby. I created my first planted tank, which is 3 gallons with various types of plants, driftwood, and a few lava rocks, and the only filtration I have is a sponge filter to provide extra oxygen to the tank. My tank has my beloved six...
  2. Fish
    Hi, i would like to know if there are any big fish i could add in a 15 gal. Keep in mind, ill be upgrading to a 44x16x20inch tank in August (moving), so something slow growing would be nice The 15 gal is 24x12x12inch
  3. Fish
    So I have a scarlet badis in a planted 8 gallon aquarium and he is not eating I giving him a food called Micro Pellets form Hikaai tropical my nitrites are 0pmm my ammonia is 0ppm so I don’t know how to get him to eat.
  4. Fish
    I've noticed one of my otocinclus seem plumper than the rest, does she look gravid to you? They've only been in the tank a couple months and I've read it's super difficult to get them to breed so I'm skeptical
  5. Fish
    Hi There! Picked up what I thought was a male and couple females but now they have colored up and I’m unsure if they are all males, variants, or mis-ID at the lfs. Any help IDing is greatly appreciated!
  6. Aquascaping
    Hey everyone posting here to ask about stocking levels what could I add to this tank along with the fish mentioned in the photo I’m still cycling so I have a bit of time to decide, I’m thinking some shrimp? but any other suggestions for algae eaters are welcome. Would I be able to add another...
  7. Fish
    I’ve had my 30 gallon tank for a while now but I’m still quite new to the hobby. I only have 1 gold gourami in there at the moment but I would love to get some new fish. I’m not sure what to get or how many and since I’m afraid of overstocking my tank any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  8. Fish
    Hiya all! I’m very new to fish keeping and recently purchased some guppies and neon tetras for my tank. After a while of observing, I realised one of the neon tetras had some sort of growth on its face. I searched it up and the two options seemed to be neon tetra disease or fungus, so I removed...
  9. Fish
    In my 50 gallon aquarium, I have,13 Neon Tetras and some other fish. One Neon i noticed looked sick, so I moved it to a different tank. One side of the neons body was white and splotchy on the color lines, and one of the bottom fins looked rotted. I tried dosing with melafix and pimafix, but...
  10. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    I have recently acquired a custom sized 10G that I would like to turn into a paladarium. My preferred combination would be 50/50, but I am lenient as long as there is something that can interact with both environments or two separate entities that will live in either. I have a decent amount of...
  11. Herp (Reptiles and Amphibians)
    Hi everyone so I have these 2 African dwarf frogs for about a year now they are great little guys love them to death. So the other day I walked past the tank and I noticed one frog essentially body slamming the other while in a full Nelson. They eventually let go of each other and are just...
  12. Fish
    Hi! So I have this 5.5g (21 L) planted nano tank that i am currently cycling and i wanted to ask what fish i could add to it once it's fully cycled. I'm looking for suggestions other than betta fish, shrimp and snails as i am not really interested in them. I have hard water with a neutral pH and...
  13. Fish
    I have a single rainbowfish who started showing some grey patches on one side not too long ago. Also had a white dot on his tail. I figured it was a fingal infection and dosed the proper medication. The white dot on his tail went away but the grey patches have gotten a bit worse. Anyone know...
  14. Fish
    I’ve not been having a great week for my tank. My harlequin rasbora school had thinned out over the course of a year (had no other source than petsmart so not a huge surprise), so now that I’m around more reputable aquarium stores I decided to replenish the ranks. I put too much faith in the...
  15. Fish
    Hello, so I’m in the process of moving my fish into a low tech planted 10 gallon tank. I have a 5 gallon and was wondering what I could set up in it. I think a beta is an option but I was wondering if there is anything other options.
  16. Fish
    I have a ADA 60H (22 Gallons), Heavily planted with a open sand foreground and side area. Filtration I’m using the ADA super jet. As of now I currently have the following for fish in the tank. • Ram cichlid x1 • Cory Catfish x3 • X - ray tetras x5 I would like to add the following into the...
  17. Fish
    Hello, I have a very heavily planted tank (21 gallons, 2 feet long). The filtration is a ADA super jet full of bio media, I also do 50% water changes weekly. I’m am looking to start stocking the tank now since it’s 6 months old. I currently only have 2 otocinclus in the tank. I would like to...
  18. Fish
    Upgrading my 20 gallon tank i've had for 15 years to my first large tank, a custom 70 gallon. Will be heavily planted (lighting, co2, etc) and my brother and i have been building really nice stand for it. Plan to move fish in current tank over to it. Currently have: 6x Purple Mosaic Guppies...
  19. Fish
    Hi everybody, I hope you’re all doing well. This morning, my boy Meddi (named after the Mediterranean Sea) was doing good, his normal self. Then, when I came back from school (about 7 hours later), he had a lighter patch of scales on his head. It doesn’t really look like hole in the head either...
1-19 of 321 Results