The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-14 of 222 Results
  1. New Member Introductions
    I just joined to look for answers to questions about tank maintenance. Although I've been doing this for a very long time, I still have questions. I've had my tank 10 years now, and have two type of plants growing well, but being overtaken by algae. Initially I had 2 bristlenose pleco(one...
  2. Aquascaping
    Hey everyone posting here to ask about stocking levels what could I add to this tank along with the fish mentioned in the photo I’m still cycling so I have a bit of time to decide, I’m thinking some shrimp? but any other suggestions for algae eaters are welcome. Would I be able to add another...
  3. Equipment
    I am in the early stages of planning an entirely new high-end build. Looking at the classic ADA, and now the million other brands (UNS, Aqueon, etc.). Does anyone have any recommendations for tank brands and retailers? I'm probably looking for something like a 60P, and likely have to order...
  4. Tank Journals
    Hello and thanks for dropping by my 120P journal! For my entire life, I've only had tanks under 15 gallons. As a kid, I remember starting from a good ol' fish bowl, to saving up and buying my first tank, the Marineland Eclipse 12. And even as an adult, the largest I've ever ran was my ADA 60P...
  5. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hey everyone! I’m ordering a new tank like the title states. It’s going to be hi tech. What plants would you guys suggest? I’ll have a big piece of drift wood and then some small seiru stones around. Any ideas would be helpful as I’m not too artistic. Thanks
  6. Tank Journals
    Warning: long post ahead but i would really appreciate the help! I store a couple of bottled water in our freezer, wash it once it’s frozen, and hang it inside my aquarium to keep the tank cool. Since I live in a tropical country, and we have no centralized AC in the area of my aquarium, tank...
  7. General Planted Tank Discussion
    So I have 60 cm or 2 feet long by 35 cm or 14 inch deep tank on a cabinet of the same size. Now I actually want to replace this tank with one that is slightly deeper, 40 cm or 16 inches. Do I need to replace the cabinet as well or can I just place a 2 inch thick plate of wood on top of this...
  8. Fish
    Hello, I am planning on purchasing some Otocinclus catfish and I'm setting up a quarantine tank for them. My concern is that my usual hospital tank is only 16L (4 gallons). Would this be large enough to house 10 catfish for 4 weeks? Or do I need to set up a bigger tank? TIA (Ps. I have...
  9. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi everyone, I’m a complete newbie to aquarium keeping so I apologise in advance for my lack of knowledge here. I’ve recently acquired an aquanano tank and have been accumulating what I think is biofilm on the surface of the water. I’ve had the tank for around 3 months now and I’m yet to put...
  10. Equipment
    I love my Fluval Spec V, I have two of them, but the middle of the lids have a hole where the light hovers not far above. I've never had a problem with this until today. Although I've had bettas (betta splendens) for years, today a newly acclimated betta (a wild betta/mahachai) apparently...
  11. Plants
    So I have been having some issues with algae in my 5 gallon nano tank The algae is dark brown/black and appears to be eating away at the plants. I've been having this issue since I first set up the tank (originally using a Walstad style topsoil blend, currently using ecocomplete) with the...
  12. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    So i have a tank is 2ft long x 1ft wife x 6" high, same tank in the picture. my issue is im not sure how to build my land and water parts. Where the water hits will be low like this as well so if i do need a base of some kind whether it be gravel or some other it needs to be low. This tank will...
  13. Equipment
    I haven't posted to this forum in years, but an email reminded me that this forum is still alive. I have recently thinned out my plants in my 55 G acrylic tank and restocked with new fish and it occurred to me that my tank is getting long in the tooth. Researching the Internet, I started...
  14. Equipment
    Today at the store, I bought this glass terrarium on the spur of the moment thinking I might try to figure out if I can use it as a fish bowl for a betta. Think it's doable and possible to use live plants? I've never something like this with low light plants, but thought I might give it a try...
1-14 of 222 Results