The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 451 Results
  1. Tank Journals
    I've been in the hobby for a bit over a year now and what started as an attempt at a grade 7 ecosystem project for my students turned into multiple planted tanks and a few different breeding projects. I'd like to keep a record of my tanks and breeding projects here. I am am an aquatic biologist...
  2. Low Tech Forum
    I have set up a lo-tech 5 gallon betta tank. But its doing miserably. The betta is fine and happy with lots of water changes in a week, good food. I want the plants to do well. I can't balance the light to nutrient ratio in this lo tech setup and green hair algae is creating a havoc. I have...
  3. Fish
    Hello Aquarists, I had bought a few neon tetras as temporary additions to my tank (an 8 Gallon Nano Cube). I was really expecting them to get eaten by dragonflies, but they are staying alive. I was looking into getting some guppies for a more sustainable source of micro-predators, when I found...
  4. Tank Journals
    Hello! I would like to know your opinion regarding this set-up. 14 Gallon Customized Tank A small HOB Filter Heavily Planted with Floating Plants A Big Driftwood and a few Lava Rocks Livestocks: 10 Cardinal Tetras 6 RummyNose Tetras 3 Panda Corys 1 Oto a bunch of Nerite Snails and some nano...
  5. Low Tech Forum
    (This is a long post. If you want to skip past the story of this aquarium’s life, straight to my questions, scroll down to the line of stars/dots.) I have a 5 gallon planted aquarium that was started 14 months ago. It has ½ inch of potting soil capped with 1 and ½ inches of gravel. There is...
  6. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Looking to move my red cherry shrimp to a new 20L. They currently live in a heavily planted 29g tank and all water changes are done with remineralized distilled water. The new tank will also be planted. My question is if they will succeed in my dechlorinated tap water. Picture attached. E
  7. Substrate
    hello everyone, i have been in the process of getting everthing together to set up my new tank and have a few question if anyone can help me out because this is my first time using sand. i was planning on using fluval stratum and have them in mesh bags then cap with sand. is this an effective...
  8. New Member Introductions
    Hey all, I’ve been around the site a few times but I’m having a go at a simple planted UNS cube here that I plan to house CPD’s and shrimp in. Below is the starting photo and then todays shot, the Monte Carlo is doing well and getting an okay carpet. No CO2 but treating it with liquid carbon. I...
  9. Tank Journals
    55 Gallon Planted Fancy Goldfish Tank Tank Info Tank: 55 gallon Oceanic (?) -- used (QC sticker says it was manufactured in 2002!) Filter 1: Oase Biomaster Thermo 350 (left) Filter 2: Sicce Ekko 300 (right) Substrate: 50/50 Buceplant Natural Sand and HTH Pool Filter Sand (PFS) Hardscape...
  10. Tank Journals
    4-10-23 It's my first time getting back into the hobby in many years so I decided to go with something around 10 gallons to start with. I found an interesting curved corner glass aquarium on Amazon and decided to order it. I had a Kritter Keeper cycling with grow lights, two mini sponge...
  11. Substrate
    Hi. Planning to setup a new 100gal planted tank. Will keep it basic with no CO2 and very hardy plants. I'm big into plants and know that coconut peat works great with them. Just don't know how and if it'll work with aquatic plants.
  12. Tank Journals
    New tank, new journal! This one is a mash up of planned future experiments. I want to learn more and gain a deeper knowledge of plant care, experiment with fertilisers, and explore new things. With this in mind, I’m going with more planting space, simple hardscape to grow mosses on, and active...
  13. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I wanted to get back into aquariums after a long hiatus due to school. Always wanted to do a high-tech planted aquarium. The thing is, it gets pricy as you know and I want to do this right. I pulled the trigger and bought a 55-gallon tank and got to work. I will post some pictures along with the...
  14. Aquascaping
    Hey guys I'm working on a small 10 gallon scape. (for my bed room) PLANS: What I'm aiming for is a fully planted nature/maybe hybrid dutch style tank. Maybe almost no hardscape, and if I do just small manzanita twigs for extra touch. I want a really full tank of plants if possible. I have...
  15. New Member Introductions
    Hi, Im from Canada (Ottawa) and have had tanks (Fish, Turtles) for a long time. Thought I would get into planted tanks and have been facing a tons of issues. Tank Details - 30 Gallon Tank Canister filter (80 G capacity) Co2 Tank - Fzone 2.5L (3 bubbles a sec) Nicrew SkyLed PLUS planted tank...
  16. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Greetings! New to the forum (didn’t want to make my first post a need help post but you guys came highly recommended from a fish store I really like and I need some help so here we are lol) I’ve had this planted tank 1-2 years and I still feel like it’s my first 1-2 weeks into the hobby, so...
  17. Equipment
    Hi folks, newbie aquarist here. Yesterday only I have seted up my planted tank(which is of 2×1.5×1.5feet) and a Co2 system(8lbs). I have opend up the co2 tank knob about 1/4 of round and it is showing 1000psi(I opened very little as I am was scared). The regulator knob is adjusted at 20-40 psi...
  18. Fish
    Hi all, Just saw another member's native species tank on here and was knocked out by the bluefin killi. How many of you all keep them? What's your experience with this fish? I am in the planning stages of a 20L planted and am considering these guys for it if I can find any. I understand they...
  19. Plants
    Hello All, I have a 55 gallon planted tank that has been running without issue for the past 6 or so months. I recently came across the idea of hanging the roots of a terrestrial or semi-terrestrial plant into the water while allowing the majority of the plant to grow up and out of the aquarium...
1-19 of 451 Results