The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 41 Results
  1. Fish
    hi everyone. I think I accidentally brought home two male German Blue Rams (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi) and even in a planted 75 gallon, the dominant ram constantly chases the other ram. I placed the bully in a breeder box today and the other ram's colors came back. is there any way to lower their...
  2. Fish
    Hi all. So I just got this German Blue Ram among with many more things from a local hobbyist that was getting rid of all his stuff and fish. I had a week ago purchased 5 other GBR, but they seem to all be female. In any case, they are way smaller than this one. So I imagine they are at different...
  3. Fish
    I bought a female blue ram off my mate a week ago and she has not eaten the flakes that I feed the tank and resorts to the algae growing. She started off coloured well and over time she has turned grey and her pink belly fading. I am unsure whether I should try new food options or this is the...
  4. Fish
    Hello! I am looking for some help on what could possibly be wrong with my male German Blue Ram (image below). He has developed the rash/lesion/wound/ on his side, and I’m not exactly sure what it could be. Other than this wound he is eating, breathing, moving around and acting normal. I have...
  5. New Member Introductions
  6. Fish
    I absolutely love German blue rams and would love a pair for my 30 gallon planted tank. I live in Arizona and my tap is pretty hard, high seven pH so was hoping to get some local bred or some local in the us, not looking for wild caught or imported due to my high pH. One of my questions is would...
  7. Fish
    I'm finding this most peculiar, the male keeps moving eggs from the leaf litter to the sponge filter and the female keeps moving them back. They've been doing this most of the morning, moving them back and forth. Is this a harmless domestic disagreement or something more? It is day 3. Youtube...
  8. Plants
    Thing over a Venezuela/Orinoco River basin biotope in my 75 gallon. I'm looking for some plant & hardscape recommendations along with a stocking review. Substrate will be a light brown sand covered with oak leaves for tannis and litter cover. For Hardscape I was thinking spiderwood roots. I...
  9. Fish
    My 15 has been cycling for a few weeks now. Water parameters look good, and I used filter media from my already-cycled tank. I plan to run the marineland penguin 150b in there, with 1 peppered Cory (it's what I already have), 3 panda corys, 2 rams, and 10 neons. According to the aqadvisor thing...
  10. Tank Journals
    Equipment -Substrate: Ecocomplete + Humus -Light: Finnex Ray2 30" -Heater: Aqueon Sumbersible 100W -Filter: Aquaclear 70 Week 1: Cycling using filter media + substrate from an established tank, driftwood, few java fern plantlets glued in Week 3: Added rosette sword, cardinal plant, anubias...
  11. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi guys, I just recently started getting back into real plants (I've had my tank established for 4 years). I previously failed because I didn't have the right lighting on my aquarium. Anyways-- I added a dose of co2 yesterday (Flourish) and I noticed today my German Blue Ram hasn't been moving...
  12. Fish
    I bought 2 German blues about a 5 days ago. Beautiful fish that have acclimated to the tank and tankmates wonderfully! But I've noticed the female's black coloration will become pale at times and return to normal at others, sometimes quick enough for me to see the change. she's eating fine (mix...
  13. Fish
    Hello all! So I have a male and female ram in my 15G heavily planted with stones driftwood etc. Now these two have never been in a fight and have always been two peas in a pod always swimming together. A couple months ago the females spawning tube was out, and she was cleaning a rock as the male...
  14. Fish
    Does anyone think its possible to house a pair of GBR in a Mr. Aqua 12 gallon long? I know a 12 Gal Cube wouldnt work but with the extra swimming room I would think it would improve the chances.
  15. Fish
    Hi, I just purchased two juvenile German Blue Rams from my LFS and was told I was receiving a male and female pair. The staff member identified my 'male' from it's brighter colours, however having a pinkish stomach I believe they may have made a mistake. Could someone please try to identify...
  16. Fish
    Hello all, I recently added four Corydora Julii to my planted aquarium. Ever since I added them my GBR has become very aggressive towards the Corys. Will this aggression subside over time? I have a 29 gallon tank that has a fair amount of plants. Will this be a longer term issue. So far the tank...
  17. Fish
    Here's all the information I can give you: Two-ish weeks ago, we noticed him rubbing himself (I think it's called flashing). We didn't think much of it at the time. Last week, while feeding them, our horrid silver molly was excessively aggressive, fighting and nipping anyone who came close to...
  18. Fish
    I have 2 female German Blue Rams, one male. Over the past month or two one of the females seems to have paired with the male. The other female was being picked on and eventually seemed to develop a swim bladder problem. In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMQbbD2jlH4 you can see the...
1-18 of 41 Results