The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-15 of 247 Results
  1. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    I created a mountainside inspired moss terrarium using some crystals my son gave me after we smashed open a geode, some driftwood, various mosses, pebbles and stones, and some carnivorous plant soil(perlite and peat moss). First I hot glued all the hardscape into place, then I carefully added...
  2. Aquascaping
    Hi there. I am using seiryu stone and driftwood for my aquascape. While waterlogging my driftwood I decided it would be a great idea to weigh it down with my seiryu stones. The tannins from the wood ended up staining my stones an orange/reddish colour. Any advice on how to deal with this?
  3. Aquascaping
    Hello, First time posting, however I've been gleaning off this site for a while now. I used to keep tanks (both freshwater and saltwater) several years ago and then got out of the hobby. I'm now in the process of planning of 20L low tech planted setup. I've read many conflicting things on how...
  4. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I recently set up a 20 gal tank with substrate and a few plants attached to driftwood. It’s been about 2-3 weeks now and I just noticed snails in my tank!! I’m still working on cycling so the conditions aren’t perfect (no fish yet, just plants/driftwood/water/and now snails). I’m not sure what...
  5. General Planted Tank Discussion
    What methods are there to remove tannins from wood other then boiling it? my wood is too big to be chucked in a pot of boiling water, so instead have it in a bucket and have been filling it with boiling water from the stove. I’ve been doing this for a month now and it’s a time consuming process...
  6. Tank Journals
    Finally upgraded from the 25g cube, and let me tell you it's not very easy to find a 30-40g cube around here. Managed to find a beautiful 20x20x20 aquarium and some amazing driftwood at a local shop and we're off to the races. Nothing equipment wise has actually changed, still running: AI...
  7. Aquascaping
    Hello everybody, I'm staring this topic to present my new nano betta tank *The project is supported by Amtra, that provided all the equipment* Aquarium: Amtra Nanoscaping 30 (30x30x30, 27lt) Filter: Amtra Filpro ex500 Light: (x2) Amtra Vega Led Fresh 10.5W Substrate: Amtra Mastersoil/ Lava...
  8. Aquascaping
    Over a week ago, I bought a piece of driftwood specifically for use in my planted tank that I am yet to build. I can't boil it, because I don't have a pot that's big enough because this piece of driftwood is almost 20 inches long. So, I was told to soak it in a bucket for a few weeks to make...
  9. Plants
    Hi folks! I managed to snag a 65 gallon tank from Petsmart for 48% off and am looking for a couple things to put in it. Today I bought this awesome piece of driftwood from manzanita.com and am starting to consider the kinds of plants I can attach to it or surround it with. The dimensions of the...
  10. New Member Introductions
    Hi Everyone, Brand new aquarium owner here. Got a great deal on a 30 gallon stocked (Overstocked..I'm getting rid of several fish tomorrow) tank with 2 types of plants completely covered in black algae. It's super dirty and I'm planning on starting all over tomorrow. Anyways, wanting to do...
  11. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I have this sort of white stuff that has started to spread on my vallisneria and on my driftwood. I have not seen this before in my years in the hobby and i can't find answers anywhere so hopefully someone can help identify it. It spreads on the vals and eventually the leaves seem to die. I am...
  12. Aquascaping
    First time doing a Forest Scape style tank, and thought I should get some feedback before filling. Any suggestions are welcome! I plan on stocking this with some Coral Moss, fissidens moss, hygrophila pinnatifida, Anubias nano petite, buce, and some crenata.
  13. Aquascaping
    Hello all! I am new to the forum and would like some constructive criticism on how I should scape my 55 gallon (48x12x21). I have two ideas so far but it just seems like I'm not happy with either. My initial idea was to have two branches pieces of driftwood which you will see drawn in red, with...
  14. Aquascaping
    My husband purchased this piece of driftwood originally intending it for his 125g (still cycling). I suggested he start soaking the wood so that by the time he was ready for it in his tank it would hopefully sink. He couldn't find a bucket large enough so he stuck it into my 29g livebearer...
  15. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello everyone, I am wondering if there is anyone around here who knows places in North California, specifically 100 miles radius around Sacramento, where I could collect driftwood for my aquarium without breaking the law. I hope someone can pin point me to some good locations. I don't mind...
1-15 of 247 Results