The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 500 Results
  1. Plants
    I went to a shop and they have this pretty amazing low-tech setup. However, this plant got my attention. The shopkeeper knew that this was cryptocoryne but didn't know which subtype. Can anyone help in identifying the subtype? This plant would be around 3-4 inches tall. I have already googled...
  2. Lighting
    I have been looking at light for my tank, and i have found the fluval aquasky 2.0 91-122 cm version. I was hoping that the light could fit under the lid of the tank, to reduce heating, evaporation etc, there is a glass rim around the edge and i am confident that i can make that work however i...
  3. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello, First off, thank you having me. If this isn't the best place for this, let me know where is and I'll move it. I'm in the process of making lists for what I'd like to do in a future tank build. I'd like to post my current parts/stocking list here to get some feedback on the tech and...
  4. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Looking to settle it once and for all. We're all aware of Nerites, Bladder, Ramshorn, and MTS. They probably are the undisputed kings, but how do they stack up with a lot of lesser-known snails such as: Japanese Trapdoor Australian Waterhouse Snail (supposedly one of the few animals that eats...
  5. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Good day all, Just wondering if anyone knows if or what deficiency this might be causing my downoi's new growth to be almost completely white. I figured it was a lack of iron so I've been dosing more of my dennerle universal fertilizer called "elixir plant", which is mostly iron, but it's still...
  6. Plants
    For the past 2 months and a half, my AR Mini has been growing better than it has ever grown in my tanks. The tops were a brownish pink and the bottoms were a vibrant red color. Unfortunately, I decided to add amano shrimp recently as a precaution against any algae. After a week, they settled in...
  7. Plants
    Hi all, First post here so sorry if I'm missing crucial details. Thinking about doing a dry start with dwarf hairgrass in my 28 gallon tank. I'm planning on using 1" of organic potting soil under 1" of Quikrete play sand as the substrate. Just wanted to know if The sand I'm using is too fine...
  8. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hello. I noticed deficiencies in my tank and would like help on determining the issue. I have a 125 gallon tank with a finnex stringray, fluval fx4 and fluval 407. It has a layer of amazonia on the bottom, and a top layer of stratum and seachem Flourite. C02 is injected through the 407 via a...
  9. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    Hi, i was wondering how to care for Bromeliads since mine have like cracks in the leaves. Also how do i keep algae from coming into my tank. I already have schrimps and snails but its getting worse.
  10. New Member Introductions
    Hello! I'm Roman and I live in Tennessee, USA. I have a 10 gallon tank with black sand substrate, lava rocks, ceramic terra cotta caves, "water wisteria" and duckweed, a piece of driftwood that refuses to sink, a heater, an air-powered sponge filter rated for 10 gallons, and a Top Fin HOB filter...
  11. Aquascaping
    Hello! I am starting a new ~250L tank this summer and am hoping to house an oranda. Obviously these guys love to root about the bottom and I have heard so many horror stories of individuals using certain substrates and having a permanent cloudy tank due to this behaviour. Does anyone have any...
  12. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi All, About an month ago i started out with my very first aquarium plants ( java moss, cryptocoryne undualata, java fern) i got very small portions of these. they are all thriving in my tank, without co2, i dose 3 pump fertlizers 2 time a week. Im looking to add a few more plants, espcically...
  13. Aquascaping
    Here is my 38gal community tank. It's finally coming back after an Apple Snail I had in there decimated the plant population (it took me a while to figure out why all my plants were dying!). Substrate is pool filter sand. Branches are found driftwood and rocks from a nearby river (all boiled of...
  14. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    Hi everyone, I am almost ready to set up my first paludarium tank and I need some help (sanity proof) regarding the plants I would like to use. Please feel free to let me know if you come up with any red flags, like plants that are too hard to maintain in my conditions. I need someone...
  15. Aquascaping
    I have an 11 gallon nano which used to have sand but the Monte Carlo took over and and I ended up putting fluval stratum everywhere. It looks nice but I also want a sand section. I will be getting a 16 gallon soon and want to re create the scape, sort of. I’ll change some things with the hard...
  16. Plants
    Hello All, I have a 55 gallon planted tank that has been running without issue for the past 6 or so months. I recently came across the idea of hanging the roots of a terrestrial or semi-terrestrial plant into the water while allowing the majority of the plant to grow up and out of the aquarium...
  17. DIY
    I made this to house shrimp and vampire crabs. Waiting for stable water parameters and moss, please give your opinions! I do have quite a bit of mold on my wood (I might add some springtails). Cost around $600, and is 24x18x36
1-18 of 500 Results