The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-15 of 17 Results
  1. Plants
    Hi! I'm setting up a tank without CO² and I have some driftwood that comes up to right under the light. On this driftwood I'd like to place some epiphytes pretty close to the water surface so they will be in high light. So my question is: Are there any epiphytes that do well in a high light...
  2. Lighting
    I'm going to be setting up a 22 gallon long tank over the next week and I'm looking for a lighting arrangement that would get me to high light over the entirety of the tank. I prefer brightly lit tanks and I don't mind the additional maintenance to deal with any algae that may crop up. I'm...
  3. Lighting
    I'm setting up my first high tech tank. Just a little 10 gallon. I got a 60 watt compact florescent in 6500K to put over it. I will be using CO2. The plants that will be in the tank are: dwarf hair grass, micranthemum monte carlo, and ludwigia sp. mini super red. I really have no experience with...
  4. Algae
    This post serves a couple purposes. First, I wanna show you guys my tank! This thing has been months in the making. I'm really proud of how the stand turned out, as it was quite a headache to make. I am also really pleased with how the layout of the aquascape came together, but I am starting to...
  5. Algae
    Hey all, I've recently set up a high tech planted tank with downoi, staurogyne repens, and crypt wendtii "green." The problem is that the downoi and repens require high light, but this seems to be encouraging algae growth in my tank. The aquarium I am using is a Fluval Edge with the original...
  6. Lighting
    Hello Everyone, I recently got a good deal on a 210g (7'x2'x2') aquarium on craigslist, and I would like to set up as a high tech tank with pressurized CO2 and high light. I have a few different options for lighting, and I'm wondering what you all think. My first thought was a DIY LED fixture...
  7. Lighting
    I want to try to grow some high light plants maybe and am wondering what type of lighting I need to use for it. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!:smile:
  8. Lighting
    Hey all, I just had a quick question about lighting. I have a 46 gallon tank currently equipped with a Single T5HO 39W Catalina lamp. I have the old T8 fixture with a 25W Colormax bulb and was wondering if I should set that one up as well. I would like to achieve medium-high light (I'm...
  9. Lighting
    Hello Everyone, I am relatively new to the planted tank and I have quite a challenge ahead of me. My tank is very unique 375 gallon with so many tannins it is tea colored after 24 hours after a near 100% water change. Dont worry no fish yet. But of course I have plants. Im starting to grow baby...
  10. Lighting
    Hey all, I recently purchased a 90 gallon acrylic aquarium with dimensions 60”x18”x20” (LxWxH). I’ll be stocking angelfish and a few other random community fish. I want a setup that lets me grow most high light plants that are easy to acquire. I’ll have CO2 going as well. The aquarium came...
  11. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello, I am setting up a 2G-2.5G tank and I am thinking about buying a light with these specs: LED 2W 10 000K Is this low light, high light or medium light?? Thanks
  12. Tank Journals
    29 gallon tank eheim 2215 with hydor 200w inline heater mineralized topsoil capped with pool filter sand pressurized co2 system - reactor 500 with a 5 lb bottle 120 watts cfl 1 55 watt ah supply 3-6-10 and 1 65 watt current dual daylight 10,000k/6,700k 8 hours - 65 watt bulb 4 hours - 55 watt...
  13. Lighting
    Hey how many watts of lighting would be required for a 10 gallon tank to be considered in the high light range?
  14. Lighting
    What peaceful fish would do best in a high lighted tank? Thanks, Clare
  15. Tank Journals
    100 Years after the Genesis..... Just a Teaser video: :biggrin: Segment: 1—Magnum 350 C02 Reactor 2—Pearling/C02 infested crypt. And Tiger Barbs 3—UG and Tiger Barbs Tank re-setup—7-08 55g 48” Catalina T5HO 4 x 54w = 2x 6,700K + 2x 10,000K….1.5hrs @108w + 6.5hrs @ 216W = 8hrs...
1-15 of 17 Results