The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 176 Results
  1. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I couldn't find the answer to this question when searching, and maybe I'm overthinking this or thinking about it wrong. I'm planning to add snails to my already cycled tank. Eventually I'm going to add a group of neocaridina shrimp. Parameters are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 10 nitrate. I've been...
  2. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I have a 10 gallon tank with four platies and a mystery snail. I want to take care of them and use a water conditioner as my water is hard water and has many metals and minerals in it, however, I am worried about harming my snail. I have Nutrafin's Aqua Plus, which I was using before adding my...
  3. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    hello all, I recently did a water change at night and turned the light on at 5 percent. i was shocked to see tiny snails all over the front glass. I had seen them in daytime when the lights are on, but not in that quantity. There were 15-20...maybe even more of them on the glass. Now I do not...
  4. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Looking to settle it once and for all. We're all aware of Nerites, Bladder, Ramshorn, and MTS. They probably are the undisputed kings, but how do they stack up with a lot of lesser-known snails such as: Japanese Trapdoor Australian Waterhouse Snail (supposedly one of the few animals that eats...
  5. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    So in my comunity tank 25g which is around 96L in my country I found couple of planaria. I must say that I really hate them. In my tank there are ember tetras, pigmy corys, cherry shrimps, two rabbit snails, ramshorns, bladder snails, one brotia pagodula snail and planaria. I dont know what to...
  6. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Help! I've had several snails die overnight. Bladder snails, all fish appear fine. I see one live snail seemingly fine. Only thing that's changed recently is I added a slice of zucchini. The dead snails are all around the slice. Did zucchini kill my snails?!
  7. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Just set up this 22 gallon two weeks ago. I got all tissue culture plants except for two, and of course, this morning I saw a (smallish) pond snail (maybe bladder snail) on the glass. I pulled him out, but this evening I just found 3 more tiny little babies. So, how screwed am I? Is there any...
  8. CO2Art.us
    Ohh, the plague! 🐌🐌🐌 😲 Snail plague in the aquarium? There is nothing worse than seeing your aquarium being taken over and even destroyed some plants by snails multiplying like mad! (worse than rabbits 🐇 🙈) Don't say we didn't warn you 😃 Our article this week is all about these little...
  9. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I recently set up a 20 gal tank with substrate and a few plants attached to driftwood. It’s been about 2-3 weeks now and I just noticed snails in my tank!! I’m still working on cycling so the conditions aren’t perfect (no fish yet, just plants/driftwood/water/and now snails). I’m not sure what...
  10. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I have a nicely set up five gallon tank with 3 mollys and one small snail the levels in the tank are perfect and i just did a 30% water change on monday to prep for my spring break. i’m going home for 9 days and have done some research on vacation feeding “bricks” (i don’t remember what they are...
  11. CO2Art.us
    We have all experienced pest snails at some stage. Some people don't mind them but if you are one of the people that, like us, would rather remove these uninvited guests, have a read at our recent blog article on the topic. If you have any further advice on removing these pests, we would love to...
  12. Fish
    I have a dorm room fish tank that I alone take care of. It is a five gallon tank with a standard filter, an under gravel filter that had a built in bubbler and a heater that keeps it around 80 degrees. after winter break I decided to restock my then empty tank with 3 mollys 2 Siamese algae...
  13. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I'm new to this hobby and on my way of setting up a 10Gallon planted tank. So far what I have: Waterbox Cube 10 (10 Gallon / 41 Liter tank) Ada Amazona version 2 Aqua soil as substrate Hardscape with rocks and some aquarium safe wood branches I ordered some aqua plants and I plan to plant...
  14. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    These guys came in with some plants. Don’t have any fish yet. Are they pests? Will pearl Danio’s or Chili Rasboas eat them or their eggs? thanks!
  15. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    So I have been trying to raise my calcium and kh levels in my 55g fish, snail, and planted tank. I have actually tried a bunch of things. I was doing water changes every two weeks. I have now changed it to once a week to try and help replenish the calcium mostly for snails and plants are doing...
  16. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Recently, I’ve seen a lot of posts on YouTube and other platforms about how to get rid of things such as planarias pond snails, scuds, you name it. So why are these creatures hated? Are they destructive to the tank or is it just a aesthetic thing(The look of a bunch of snails crawling by...
  17. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hello, I'm having an issue with my tank at the moment. I'm about to buy some copper test strips but before I do I figured I'd make a post to maybe ask if there are other things I should be testing in my water. I have a fully cycled tank with Japanese rice fish and a bunch of amano and cherry...
  18. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Perhaps a bit of an odd question, but has anyone tried to selectively breed bladder snails or know anything about their genetics? Since they're a pest snail there's not a whole lot of information on breeding them (plenty of getting rid of them though) and I'm pretty curious about doing some...
  19. Fish
    My 40g tall tank is starting to settle in nicely. The initial diatom bloom has gone, and algae is now starting to settle down as the tank is balancing out. But, I have snails which came in with one of the plant orders (I won't mention the vendor, but I'm a little irritated about that). Anyway...
  20. Algae
    Hi everyone! Recently I’ve notice some weird black particles sitting on the rocks and plants in my tank and I’m not 100% sure what they are. They aren’t growing on / attached to anything because if I swirl the water they come off and float around. I don’t have any animals other than two bladder...
1-20 of 176 Results