The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 420 Results
  1. Equipment
    Have a 3.8 and it's just going to be plants. If I even do get a living creature for this tank, it'd be Amano shirmp. Anyway, any suggestions for filters at least something to help gently move the water around? Would a skimmer serve this purpose as it would prevent surface scum and act as a...
  2. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I got 7 orange rili shrimp last week and found two dead this past week. My parameters are fine except for high hardness. Does anyone know why they could have died?
  3. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hey everyone! Recently revamped my 6 gallon nano and did a proper aquascape. Need some help filling in the gaps with plants. Behind the left rocks is a raised section that will be fully grown in with hair grass. Have a buce in front of rock on right, and couple shorter plants behind the rocks...
  4. Aquascaping
    Second aquarium. I will put shrimp in in ~2 months, but will be using the shrimp for a project in my agriculture class in the meantime
  5. Lighting
    I’m going to be setting up a 25x25x25 cm tank soon, and because I still go to school I would like to see the tank before I go, so I made this program so that I could still do so. Would this be a bad idea, or should I just have it dark in the morning, and just turn on when I get home
  6. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I'm planning on making a nano shrimp tank, roughly 25cm x 25cm x 25cm, equating to roughly 4.1 gallons. However besides shrimp as a main animal, I have little ideas for the hardscape and no ideas for the plants. I also don't know if this should be filterless or not because of the small size. I...
  7. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hi, this is my first post here and first planted tank so I'm hoping to get some advice, hopefully some pointers as to what I'm doing wrong and what I should do next! I have a 3 gallon 360 nano tank I started a couple days ago with fluval plant and shrimp stratum substrate, no co2 injections or...
  8. Tank Journals
    Hello! I would like to know your opinion regarding this set-up. 14 Gallon Customized Tank A small HOB Filter Heavily Planted with Floating Plants A Big Driftwood and a few Lava Rocks Livestocks: 10 Cardinal Tetras 6 RummyNose Tetras 3 Panda Corys 1 Oto a bunch of Nerite Snails and some nano...
  9. Tank Journals
    Current FTS: First filled/planted shot. October 3rd, 2023
  10. Tank Journals
    4-10-23 It's my first time getting back into the hobby in many years so I decided to go with something around 10 gallons to start with. I found an interesting curved corner glass aquarium on Amazon and decided to order it. I had a Kritter Keeper cycling with grow lights, two mini sponge...
  11. Tank Journals
    I began this 7 gallon tank in January 2022, using the box from the tank as a guide for my hardscape I really liked it, but a month later I could barely see any part of it in the tank. Also, the tank was so cramped and dark, I couldn’t see the fish either. 1/11/22: 2/9/22: 8/30/22: I had...
  12. Aquascaping
    I have an 11 gallon nano which used to have sand but the Monte Carlo took over and and I ended up putting fluval stratum everywhere. It looks nice but I also want a sand section. I will be getting a 16 gallon soon and want to re create the scape, sort of. I’ll change some things with the hard...
  13. Fish
    I have an 11 gallon nano that currently has 10 chili rasboras, 4-5 ottos, 2 khulis, assasin snails, and a red pencilfish, and a very fertile colony of cherry shrimp that grows continually. I will soon be upgrading it to a 20 gallon rimless nano. I'm wondering if I can get a pea puffer and maybe...
  14. Tank Journals
    Hello, As I have already an "High tech" tank (140l), I would like to try something new. Someone told me (several months ago) about a well-planted (with delicate plants) on a non-CO2 injected tank. This tank is the @sudiorca's tank, describe here : sudiorca's non-CO2 supplemented softwater tank...
  15. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi Guys, I just started my tank yesterday using the dry start method and i just have some few questions. 1. Is it okay if im using an airline tubing with an aerator to put air inside the tank? 2. Do i have to leave an opening in the lid? 3. Can i use dsm in sand substrate as well? 4. Is there...
  16. Plants
    So I just started up a new tank after moving and taking a break from the hobby. This tank has been running since the start of the month. Only have the betta(Dabadee) and two nerite snails that were added a few days ago. This one unknown plant is struggling. I used Fluval Stratum in the corner...
  17. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hello. I have a lengthy question and observation. So my house has a water softener because my water is extremely hard for drinking water being at 330ppm General Hardness. So Calcium and Magnesium is high. The water softener replaces Ca and Mg ions with sodium chloride so there should be more...
  18. Planted Nano Tanks
    New member here. It's a pleasure to be part of the planted tank community! I recently built my first planted 16g tank three weeks ago (done cycling three days ago) and wanted to get your thoughts. I own a 20g reef tank, but the fast-growing nature of a freshwater aquarium was tempting, and...
  19. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hello, I've had a 55 gallon reef tank going for the last 6 years and looking to try my hand at planted tanks. I converted a saltwater BioCube 14 using much of the equipment I already had. The tank is 3 weeks old and I'd like to know if it can house 20 Crystal Red Shrimp. No other livestock...
  20. Tank Journals
    Well after being out of the hobby for 10years or more, thought i'd dip my toes back in again. Its funny because much has changed and yet so much still the same so will be interesting to see how this evolves. Tank Fluval Flex 15L (15G) Lighting Hygger Planted+ 24/7 14W Co2 & Ferts KegKing...
1-20 of 420 Results