The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 115 Results
  1. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hey everyone. I have a really health 90p and a 60u where I'm sill fighting some BBA. I'm about to leave on a trip for christmas for just over 3 weeks. In the past I have had someone stay at my house while I was gone and while here they dosed ferts (APT3 5ml/2ml per day) This time around this...
  2. Plants
    Good day all, I recently sprang for a foot of this bucephalandra with 4 leaves. It melted back pretty hard, as it got lost in the post for a week,(just my luck) despite paying for express shipping. I put it in the tank iwmmwith about 1 and a half leaves left. It has thrown up 3 new leaves in 2...
  3. Plants
    Hello. I’ve had these Amazon swords planted about 3-4 weeks now. They have root tabs under them. Also dosing seachem flourish and leaf zone. The one seems to be doing well, as it even sent off a chain with baby plants growing. But every so often a leaf tip goes brown and then the leaf slowly...
  4. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi there, new here, and pretty new to Aquascaping. I created my first two tanks after watching a lot of MD Fishtank videos, and although I think he's great, I wish I hadn't taken his advice to put my soil in media bags under the substrate. Not only was it extra hard to get new plants to root...
  5. Lighting
    Hey there everyone. I need some advice... I am setting up a CO2-injected, fully planted, 55 gallon aquarium with a focus on plants that are NOT green... like alternanthera reineckii, rotala rotundifolia "Orange Juice", cryptocoryne "Pink Flamingo", bacopa salzmanii "Purple", etc. I have 2...
  6. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    When calculating dosages on Rotala Butterfly, say for example for Phosphorus, my premixed fert gives values for P2O5, P, and PO4. EI dosing recommends about 2-6 ppm of phosphates (PO4). Should I add together all the fertilizer's sources of Phosphorus (P2O5 + P + PO4 = 2-6ppm) or should I be only...
  7. Algae
    I've been recently having outbreaks of black algae and green spot algae in my 75g planted tank and would greatly appreciate any feedback/advice for treatment. My tank is lightly stocked (a few danios/tetras and a rainbow shark) and I perform 25% water changes weekly. This is my first tank and...
  8. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hello All, I recently just got some Otos for my community planted tank, and was reading up about them and came across some information that they are sensitive to copper. I am currently dosing my water column with NILOCG Thrive and noticed that it contains copper and it is listed as .0002%...
  9. General Planted Tank Discussion
    To get it out of the way, here are my parameters/stats. This is after I changed the tank on Tuesday, having added fertilizer Monday. I add Thrive S every Monday and Friday. This tank has been established for ~2 years, without CO2, the light is on a ~8 hour cycle (finnex 24/7) but not at total...
  10. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hello! I am new to planted tanks. I have started an Iwagumi tank with HC Cuba. I did a prolonged dry start and flooded the tank about 2 weeks ago. When I flooded I trimmed the carpet, and decreased the light from about 11 hours / day down to 6 hours/day. I am currently doing 50-60% water...
  11. Algae
    I have just experienced sudden, rapid plant growth these last few days. These plants are growing like weeds and managed to grow almost a quarter to a half of my 75 gallon tank in just four days. However, I also noticed that green dust algae and thread/string algae started popping up. Could this...
  12. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hello everyone from Costa Rica! I've been dosing with Seachem lately, and wanted to try PPS Pro. Since I'm living in Costa Rica there is no access to all the products you would find in the US/Europe/Asia. I've found everything for the macro solution (pretty similar composition than branded...
  13. Substrate
    Hello, I'm in the process of planning out a new AIO 30g cube and was hoping to get some guidance on substrate options. This will be a moderately planted and stocked no CO2/high light tank. I plan on doing a dry start for foreground plants and moss. For plants, they're all TBD, esp the...
  14. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    My water is very soft (2 degrees GH and KH out of the tap, and pH is 7.4). I'm working out ways to increase the general and carbonate hardness to safer levels. My tank is brand new (5 days old), so it's still cycling (ADA Tropica substrate), so I'm kind of in "prevention/preparation" phase. I...
  15. General Planted Tank Discussion
    So around July 22nd, I was having issues with one of my frogs, and long story short, someone at my LFS told me it was because my water was too soft (yes he was wrong, but I was desperate to help the little guy). I had been using RO water from a different LFS, without remineralizing, as I had no...
  16. Equipment
    Hi All, I am somewhat certain I've seen some recommendations for plastic clips/clamps that help keep air from getting into dosing pump lines on this site, but several searches have left me empty handed. I'm running a Hygger 4 peristaltic pump doser. I am using a 3-compartment acrylic fert...
  17. Low Tech Forum
    Hi all, I'm a complete newbie and just wanted to get some fish but also experiment a bit with some easy-to-grow plants in the tank. I got a 5 gallon tank with filter, lights (enough for low to medium light plants), and heater. I filled the bottom with Imagitarium black sand from Petco. Now I'm...
  18. DIY
    Hi Seniors, First, I am new here so if I make any mistake please guide me. I want to create fertilizer for plants with the following formula 1. Potassium Nitrite - KNO3 2. Potassium Sulfate - K2SO4 3. Mono Potassium Phosphate KH2PO4 Please guide how much quantity I use for these...
  19. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi All, I was watching a youtube video from Kevin Novak entitled, "Aquarium plant fertilizers What they don’t tell you and why?" Albeit it's the Internet, it's thought-provoking. His videos are helpful but he also tends to leave a lot of info. out. When it comes to planted tanks, I'm always...
  20. Plants
    LINK TO PICTURES AT THE BOTTOM Hi all, I'm looking for some help with my planted tank. It is a 35 gallon long (weird size I know, 13"x13"x48") with a sand substrate and a sponge filter and is heated to about 80 degrees. It gets about 5 hours of light every day from a 6500K bulb. Its current...
1-20 of 115 Results