The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-15 of 28 Results
  1. Tank Journals
    I've been in the hobby for a bit over a year now and what started as an attempt at a grade 7 ecosystem project for my students turned into multiple planted tanks and a few different breeding projects. I'd like to keep a record of my tanks and breeding projects here. I am am an aquatic biologist...
  2. Tank Journals
    I am going to record my journey related to breeding and raising some albino Corydoras and Celestial Pearl Danios. Since my Cory’s began spawning in my planted display tank, I have been collecting their eggs and trying to raise the young but have not yet been successful raising fry. I also wanted...
  3. Fish
    Greetings to everyone, I have a 30l densely planted nano cube that has been running stable for a few months now. Firstly I added 8 Boraras brigittae, then added 2 amano and 10 painted fire red shrimp. Nothing much happened, 4-5 of the chilli rasboras fired up nicely and they all were exploring...
  4. Tank Journals
    I set this tank up on May 7, 2022. I had no real idea what I was doing, but I wanted a Riparium with a waterfall and a mister. I didn’t know if the plants I chose would work long-term (some of them didn’t), but I liked the initial look. The waterfall is there, but it was very small and not...
  5. Fish
    I am planning on buying 10-15 CPDs for my newly cycled, planted 15 gallon tank. I'm planning on doing a species-only tank, but also maybe some RCS. I have read some conflicting information on their hardiness, and I am not sure how they would do in a fairly new tank? It's been up and running...
  6. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello, So after testing my water parameters, I can see that things are not quite where I want them to be. I also have some other problems I'm unsure what to do about! So let me first provide the basic information. Tank: 10 Gallon Filter: Aqueon HOB (came with the tank) Light: LEDs (also came...
  7. Tank Journals
    Fairly new to planted tanks, so trying to keep this simple, both aesthetically and maintenance-wise. I'm pleased how it turned out so far, the pictures are two days after planting the HC. The tank is set up on a counter so that both sides are viewable. In terms of light/CO2/ferts, I have the...
  8. Fish
    Ordered Celestial Pearl Danios from the LFS, this is what I got instead! At first glance they appear to be juvenile Emerald Dwarf Rasboras, but I don't know what those even look like so it's hard to speculate. They are pretty good size, almost an inch long. Note the dark stripes are pretty sharp...
  9. Planted Nano Tanks
    I started this tank less than a month ago and the growth has been strong. I also ran into an algae problem but the amano shrimp and nerve snails cleaned it up pretty well. I still have debris but the tank is cycling well and i have no ammonia or nitrite, trace nitrate, ph of 6.8, but very very...
  10. Fish
    I currently have 20 CPDS in my 12 gal long. I'm wanting to get some opinions on if I could add an additional 10-20. Keep in mind CPD's are very small and have little effect on overall bioload even in large groups.
  11. Tank Journals
    I started this tank awhile ago but forgot to start a journal here... Feb 2016 Well one year into planted tanks, I felt that I had to build a riparium after seeing some spectacular examples over the years by people on both sides of the pond... My first attempt has been very successful and has...
  12. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I've yet to actually put shrimp in my tank yet, its still cycling. I haven't decided whether I want to use a heater or not. From what I've read, both of the species I want to get (RCS and Celestial Pearl Danio) can pretty well tolerate temperatures between 65-70. I have a heater that came with...
  13. Fish
    Can anyone tell what this is? It looks kind of like a popped white head. Not sure how well that shows in the pictures. He seems fine. He's swimming like normal and eating. Should I separate him? What could I treat it with?
  14. Fish
    I'm planning on combining my 10 and 15 gallon tanks into a 40 breeder sometime in the next month or so. All of the fish I have in the tanks right now are small (or smallish) schooling species (cherry barbs, espei rasboras, celestial pearl danios, and pygmy cories). I plan on building up the...
  15. Tank Journals
    I got this tank for my Birthday in April of this year and loved it immediately. The design is very contemporary and it looks great right out of the box. I was so excited to set it up and get fish, and shrimp, and plants, and rocks, and driftwood and all that i needed to start a great aquarium...
1-15 of 28 Results