The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 35 Results
  1. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I recently suspected that my aquarium had iron deficiencies, and bought a bottle of ADA Brighty Iron Fe(III) on a whim with a plant package because my rotala colorata was green, and my aquarium plants have been turning a lot redder since. Would Seachem Iron ferrous gluconate work just as well as...
  2. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I've been thinking of switching to flourish comp for my EI micros. I currently use AquariumPlantFoodUK's trace mix but I seem to constantly be encountering micro deficiencies. Has anyone has success with flourish instead of CSM or other trace mixes? Flourish has a higher ratio of iron to other...
  3. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I'm having a couple issues becoming more noticeable in my tank that I would like to stop. 1st is BBA... it's not bad, but annoying and probably a sign something is off. 2nd is plant health problems, specifically holes/yellowing of old growth. First, let's get all this out of the way: 75...
  4. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi guys, I just recently started getting back into real plants (I've had my tank established for 4 years). I previously failed because I didn't have the right lighting on my aquarium. Anyways-- I added a dose of co2 yesterday (Flourish) and I noticed today my German Blue Ram hasn't been moving...
  5. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I got a batch of Crystal Black Shrimp for my heavily planted nano tank after it had been cycled and the water parameters were perfect. The shrimp did great for over a week as I was slowly introducing fertelizers. Seachem Iron, Potassium and Flourish didn't seem to bother them at all. This...
  6. Plants
    Hello, I started up a planted 60 gallon tank about a month ago. It's a Cichlid tank so I decided to stick mostly with Amazon Swords. I started with liquid ferts(Flourish Comprehensive, Trace, and Potassium), but recently switched to Substrate Tabs. After switching( 2 weeks ago), I haven't...
  7. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hello, I just set up a planted 60 gallon tank and I have a few question regarding fertilizing NPK's. My Tank: 60 Gallon 48W x 13D x 24H Flourite 2.5" brown substrate 160 GPH Marineland canister filter with spraybar(Low Surface Agitation) 5lb CO2 system with about 3 bps dissolve rate 1 - 48"...
  8. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Has anyone used Seachem's Flourish with shrimp? What do you think of the stuff? Thanks
  9. Equipment
    Is there a rule of thumb when my bubbler for my 29gallon planted tank should be on or off during the day and night? When's the best time to put Flourish Excel in the tank?
  10. Plants
    Okay, so my girlfriend has an already cycled 30gal tank, with a cascade 400 filtration system. She has all artificial plants at the moment, except for the 2 live plants in the tank as of now, and they're two small Anubis Nana's. I was wondering what they need as far as care? I know they are a...
  11. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Okay, so call me crazy, but i feel like the plantedtank shrimpers should hear this. Maybe its a coincidence, but i feel like that is unlikely. I keep RCS in a 5.5 gallon with relatively fast growing plants, CO2 and high lights. You may infer that im crazy based on this. But, lately my RCS are...
  12. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello All! Im new to planted tanks but not new to the fish hobby. I have a 25 gallon reef tank and now i would like a planted tank. I purchased a 40 gallon breeder for my planted tank. Now I have questions on equipment and stock. 1. CO2 vs daily dosing of flourish? Flourish Tabs? For Flourish...
  13. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    hi all i have a 26 gallons (100L) and have some BBA on the substract and in some leaves. i have about 10 ottos, 10 amano´s, 5 Styphodon Ornatus and a pair of Ramirezzis, have other ones but this were my most sensitive fish. This is my plants: Cryptocoryne Green Anubia sp. "Petite"...
  14. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hey guys. I've been seeing some signs of some sort of deficiency that I believe is potassium. Older leaves are yellowing, turning clear, and some have holes. My tank is 4 weeks in with the plants and all. 20 gal and heavily planted with 1.8 WPG and high intensity. I was wondering, I dose with...
  15. Algae
    I'm noticing the stuff on my plants in my 75 gallon tank. This is my first time "experimenting" with aquarium plants. I have Water Wisteria and I forget the name of the other plant. I plan to grow other Medium/High Light plants in the future. Just trying to get my feet wet with these since I...
  16. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    As the title says, I am looking into trying some Sechem Flourish products and want to hear from users about it as I try to figure out what I should/should not use. My tank parameters: size: 10 gallon temp:77F pH:7.5 gh/kh: 70+ and 120+ (pH not likely to drop) ammonia:0 nitrite:0 nitrate:10-20...
  17. Low Tech Forum
    I'm running both of my planted tanks low tech low-medium light and just wondered if I could get some advice on what kind of fert / dosing is actually going to help me or if I'm just wasting money? Current set ups: -55 gal -eco complete (I think I bought 4 bags, so I think about 60lbs = about...
  18. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    What type of root tabs do you guys use and what? Tell me what you swear by and your success stories. I'm curious, I just got the flourish tabs today, and want, need opinions.
  19. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi I am new at aquarium planting.. I purchased -Java Fern -Amazon Sword -Dwarf Bacopa -Vallisneria nana -Oval Ludwigia they are not looking so great and a lot of the leaf's are thinning and the java fern has white clear spots on it I purchased fluval stratum substrate should I also purchase...
  20. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I recently set up a planted tank and so far, so good. My plants look like they're doing okay. Some are growing, others not so much, but still look healthy. I have a CO2 system and and Flourish Excel that I've used periodically. Now, I'm wondering what I need to do to keep my plants growing...
1-20 of 35 Results