The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 80 Results
  1. Tank Journals
    I set this tank up on May 7, 2022. I had no real idea what I was doing, but I wanted a Riparium with a waterfall and a mister. I didn’t know if the plants I chose would work long-term (some of them didn’t), but I liked the initial look. The waterfall is there, but it was very small and not...
  2. Plants
    Hello all, first post! I would love to start a list of all the plants we can grow on the margins of our tanks (ie. fully submerged roots and lower stem, with foliage above water line). I am talking about things like anubias, horsetail, papyrus, corkscrew rush, etc. Please let me know anything...
  3. New Member Introductions
    Hello all, My background is in aquariums and I'm recent to the vivarium/riparium/terrarium/paludarium group. I love the concept of utilizing these types of set ups for housing animals / critters, or for generic plant display in the house. I'm passionate about ecology and I've launched a new...
  4. Tank Journals
    I set up a planted tank for my daughter's kindergarten class. I've had planted tanks for years. I like the Walstad approach with an Amano aesthetic. For this tank I was hoping for a setup that would survive during the summer with little to no intervention. I was inspired by Tom's Bucket o' Mud...
  5. Low Tech Forum
    This thread is going to be both a place for me to organize my thoughts about the planning and setup of this tank, and then once I have all the pieces it will become a journal of the build and hopefully long, lush life of this tank. For this tank we have 2 goals: 1) Create an aesthetically...
  6. Tank Journals
    Since this will be the first tank I've set up start to finish since joining this forum, I fancied making a journal for it! The Specs: Tank: Deep Blue Professional 10g Lighting: I don't honestly know... the standard 10g light hood from Petsmart, but fluorescent, not incandescent. Filtration: 2x...
  7. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    Hi all, Got my plants to grow out of the back of my 10g today, a couple of polka dot plants and a "Bella" parlour palm. I was wondering if there's anything special I need to do to get them from the soil to a more hydroponic lifestyle? I imagine I'll want to rinse the roots pretty well to get...
  8. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    I want to have some riparium plants growing emersed on my 10g cherry shrimp tank, and I always like to pick plants from the same general region of the world as the animals. From threads on here about good plants for this kind of set up, I've found polka dot plants, but I'd really like to have...
  9. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hello! i have been lurking around your threads gathering information for a new setup im planning but i still have some questions left unanswered so i was thinking you guys can help :laugh2: long story short...i have made many mistakes while keeping fish, mostly overstocking and overfeeding out...
  10. Fish
    Hey all, I've been slowly working on a new project lately, and even though it's going to be quite awhile til I start adding stock, I'd like to get some ideas, so I can build with some creatures in mind. I'm planning on a riparium, with the water a few inches below the top of the tank. I plan to...
  11. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello Everyone, I’m looking for any advice, ideas, information, experience, know-how, thoughts, etc anyone might be able to offer. I’m re-acquiring a 55 gallon tank, about the standard 13x48 in, has most the basic hardware and an under gravel filter. Flora is only 1 Silver dollar and some sort...
  12. Tank Journals
    I’m 6 Gallons From the Edge And I’m thinking… (maybe 6 gallons, just ain’t enough) How are you guys not tired of my puns yet? I mean I’m not. Obviously. So here we area with another project in the seemingly endless journey of puriance’s addiction. I haven’t taken to robbing my parents blind...
  13. Tank Journals
    I started this tank awhile ago but forgot to start a journal here... Feb 2016 Well one year into planted tanks, I felt that I had to build a riparium after seeing some spectacular examples over the years by people on both sides of the pond... My first attempt has been very successful and has...
  14. Tank Journals
    [3/15/20]tearing this tank down, plants for sale here: https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/153-sale-trade/1305337-tank-tear-down-big-driftwood-plants.html last photo of tank [older still working photos start here (click)] [12/9/12] Tank Info: Tank: 75g Heater: Ehiem Jagar 150 watt Filter...
  15. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    Hi everyone. I've been lurking on this forum for a long time - well over a year! - but this is my first time posting. I've been doing a lot of research for my second planted tank, which I'd like to make as a shallow, riparium-type setup. I have a 25 gal with canister filter (thanks to a great...
  16. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    Thought it'd be good to share what all we've tried and succeeded at growing riparium style! As well as share tips and tricks on riparium setups. Its a great extra aspect to the aquarium hobby you should try exploring if you have not yet! A Little Intro: A Riparium can be most simply defined...
  17. Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium
    Hi folks! Just posting a list of plants I'm going to "try" for riparium plants. Please offer any pros/cons/advice/experience on level of sub/emersion, nutrients you noticed some needed, light intensity etc. I have all of these around the house except where noted: Liriope sp Dracaena sanderiana...
  18. Tank Journals
    I've been posting all over the place so I figured it was time to collect everything in one place, especially since I keep changing things every day or two. Wish I'd taken more pictures along the way. I had fish as a kid, and even an aquarium for goldfish, but never a tropical tank (despite...
  19. Tank Journals
    I'm really trying to take my time with this tank and plan out as much as I can. The tank itself has been passed around a bit. My uncle gave it to my brother who threw out the canister filter that came with it. Now that I have it I'm planning on going low tech with it. The dimensions are 24"w x...
1-19 of 80 Results