The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 58 Results
  1. Algae
    Hey guys, I have a 10 gal shrimp tank that I started last October. Everything has been fine since adding the shrimp in January. Slowly I’ve seen these green finger like clusters starting to grown on one piece of my driftwood. I have searched and read for many hours trying to figure out what it...
  2. New Member Introductions
    Hi, Im from Canada (Ottawa) and have had tanks (Fish, Turtles) for a long time. Thought I would get into planted tanks and have been facing a tons of issues. Tank Details - 30 Gallon Tank Canister filter (80 G capacity) Co2 Tank - Fzone 2.5L (3 bubbles a sec) Nicrew SkyLed PLUS planted tank...
  3. Fish
    Hiya all! I’m very new to fish keeping and recently purchased some guppies and neon tetras for my tank. After a while of observing, I realised one of the neon tetras had some sort of growth on its face. I searched it up and the two options seemed to be neon tetra disease or fungus, so I removed...
  4. Algae
    Hi All, I recently used super glue and cotton to put the driftwood and rock together. Few days later I started to notice white mould on wood which I ignored assuming natural decay. A week down it started spreading on sand near by wood as well as on cotton between the stone. Is this bad guy? ...
  5. Fish
    Hi-- So Ive had a bit of a saga trying to figure out what ails my fish. Ive treated with Prazipro, Erythromycin, and changed my blackworm culture. Ive added sachem Purigen recently. My loaches are totally unaffected, but my scary badis still seem to be. Rarely they have gotten whitish raised...
  6. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Im really struggling with finding information on this. I have a tropical 38 liter tank, planted, with only 2 shrimp in. Ive been away and someone looked after them, i had a fish which died a couple days ago. I was going to make it into a all shrimp tank until I just noticed that one of them has...
  7. Plants
    Can anyone please help identify what this fuzz like stuff is on my java moss? It doesn’t appear anywhere else in my fresh water tank, just on the moss strands. Fish and other plants seem healthy. I do water changes regularly, and have no major algae problems. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
  8. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    hello everyone,my name is agil and i'm from indonesia,english is not my first languange so please bare with me,i have 3 dwarf crayfish on my 15 gallons tank for about week and a half,recently,when i was doing water changes,i notice that one of my crayfish has white spots all around its body,i...
  9. Plants
    any idea what this is? is it normal , or is it a fungus or something ? i haven't planted them yet.
  10. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    Hello! I have failed my tank and try to fix it!:crying: Just a background story about the tank. My tank is 4years old. I had for a long time floating plants in my tank. And a while ago i took them out and i have a algae breakout. Didn't do very much about this, and i thought it will be fine...
  11. Plants
    I just set up my first planted tank: got some seeds on amazon (I believe they are dwarf baby tears but not sure) and they grew quickly to form a nice carpet on the bottom of the tank. However, a few days ago I started to notice the leaves darken in spots and a white hairy film grow on top of...
  12. Low Tech Forum
    Recently I moved houses and had to keep my wood and fish separate for almost 9 months. I decided to ask my dad to put the fish down for me since he lives in another house to my mother. One container seems okay, the plants seem alive, not well, but they aren't dead, there is white stuff on it...
  13. Plants
    I didn't put this under algae since I don't know what it is....does anyone know? Why is my wisteria fuzzy?
  14. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hello! I'm new here and I’m starting a new tank with my Waterbox 10, and trying out an aquascape with a Bonsai Driftwood I got a hold of. This would be my first proper aquascaped tank and I’m giving the dry start method a go for my Monte Carlo carpet. I’m mainly doing the dry-start so that when...
  15. Algae
    I picked up some new some plants from my lfs and found this stuff on one bunch once I got it home. I think it is some kind of fungus but I can't find anything like it online. Anyone have any know what it is and how to treat it?
  16. Plants
    Greetings all, I have a relatively new West African Killifish/ADF tank with (what used to be) a large assortment of small Anubias variants. Over the past month or so, one by one they have been succumbing suddenly to rhizome rot. Each one maintains perfectly green leaves but the rhizomes are...
  17. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hey everyone, So I have a 29 gallon planted tank. It WAS populated with 6 guppies, 1 platy, 4 amano shrimp, 4 ottos, 3 albino cories, 1 African dwarf frog, 6 neon tetras and 4 baby neon tetras. My tank has been running for about 2 years and my second last addition was the 6 neon tetras about 6...
  18. Fish
    some tank info: 10 Gallon Tank Ammonia-0, Nitrite-0, Nitrates - usually around 20 but can hit 40 before a water change Ph- about 7-7.2, GH/KH - not sure. test strips are weird. haven't bought liquid yet. Substrate - eco complete Plants - 2 Anubias, 1 small/trimmed water sprite, growing...
  19. Fish
    So my sister has goldfish at her work. And over the last few weeks that've been developing 'red sores' that have gone from bad to worse. I first asked her to clean the tank - such as doing 30% water changes every so often for a couple weeks, clean the filter and ensuring proper water...
  20. Fish
    Hey guys, I've been treating my fish for fin rot (the outbreak followed a case of ich.) It was successful for the most part, but one neon tetra's tail still looks damaged, and there is no sign of improvement. I've done a full cycle of Triple Sulfa, gave the fish a break while running activated...
1-20 of 58 Results