The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 305 Results
  1. Fish
    Hi all! I’m really in need of some advice. I got a betta in December who was visually very healthy. Early January I noticed he had developed fin rot. I’ve never delt with before and scoured the internet for treatment plans. I ended up using API fin and body cure because I have snails and live...
  2. Low Tech Forum
    I have set up a lo-tech 5 gallon betta tank. But its doing miserably. The betta is fine and happy with lots of water changes in a week, good food. I want the plants to do well. I can't balance the light to nutrient ratio in this lo tech setup and green hair algae is creating a havoc. I have...
  3. New Member Introductions
    My aquarium background is with vivariums and faux-hardscaped tropical nano tanks, but it's been 10 years. I have a six year old boy and he has been asking for a "real aquarium" - he means planted. So... we are now the owners of a refurbished (by me) 45-gallon Fluval Bowfront tank and a 10 gallon...
  4. Fish
    TLDR; Got new female betta fish 4 weeks ago, color initially got more vibrant then 2 weeks in changed to black now to white/translucent. Water conditions are the same, no indication of stress from her or any other inhabitants. Unsure if this is a cause for concern. Advice appreciated! Current...
  5. General Planted Tank Discussion
    So currently I'm struggling with my 2 1/2 gallon planted beta tank. I have sand as a substrate and nothing else underneath it. I am using aquarium co-op liquid fertilizer easy green I was using it once a week but since bumped it up to twice I have a 9 W plant LED light on 30% for the white and...
  6. New Member Introductions
    My name is Dave. I just started doing aquariums again. I had aquariums in my 20s. I'm in my 40s now. Kind of got bit by the bug again.. right now I'm doing the nano tank thing in my downstairs because I knew it was popular and I just wanted something to look at in the living room so I figured...
  7. Fish
    My female betta is about to be finished with a two week long quarantine/Polyguard treatment to deal with [suspected] dropsy/constipation. She ate boiled peas a few times and spent the 2 weeks in the Polyguard solution. She looks fine. So now that the treatment is almost over, it is time to...
  8. Tank Journals
    As stated in the title. Firstly, the tank dimensions are 60x30x20 (length x width x height) roughly 10 gallons. Setup using wastad technique, soil bed mixture with old scrapped tank gravel and aqua soil; top capped with finer gravel & finally very fine white sand as top layer. Hardscape using...
  9. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hi there! Here is my crowntail Betta in his new nano tank with a bonsai (Aquael 10L set). What do you think? Greetings!
  10. Tank Journals
    Introduction and cost breakdown Hello! Finally, after more than six months since setting up my first aquarium, I’m ready to share my notes on it. First of all, I was aiming for a simple aquarium – that is, not too costly, low tech, low maintenance. First things first, let’s talk about complexity...
  11. Fish
    I've had my Betta for a while now, probably just below a year, all is well, but I've always had an issue with the fins, i think twice now they've gone and regrown mostly by themselves, this is the third occurrence now, so I'm just after some advice for a forever fix. I'll list tank info below...
  12. Fish
    Hi, map my male CT betta was taking a vacation in my new 40 breeder. I got 3 Pearl gouramis and angelfish two days ago and I wasfully expecting to end the bettas vacation 2 hours after putting the new fish in. Well I’m the past two days he hasn’t even flared up at the gouramis or angel and has...
  13. Fish
    Hi, map my male CT betta was taking a vacation in my new 40 breeder. I got 3 Pearl gouramis and angelfish two days ago and I wasfully expecting to end the bettas vacation 2 hours after putting the new fish in. Well I’m the past two days he hasn’t even flared up at the gouramis or angel and has...
  14. Fish
    My betta Nova just passed away a few days ago and I still don't know why. I'd like your help so that I can do better the next time. WARNING: Multiple images of a sick betta are going to be posted down further. Nova was a halfmoon lavender butterfly rosetail that we picked up from a reputable...
  15. Plants
    So I just started up a new tank after moving and taking a break from the hobby. This tank has been running since the start of the month. Only have the betta(Dabadee) and two nerite snails that were added a few days ago. This one unknown plant is struggling. I used Fluval Stratum in the corner...
  16. Low Tech Forum
    I haven’t gotten anything yet, so this is still the planning stages! For various reasons I’ve decided to get a Flex, and while I want to get the 32g one day I’m going to start with a smaller one, and the 15g isn’t much more expensive than the 9g. Current stocking plan is a betta, rice fish, and...
  17. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hello. I have a lengthy question and observation. So my house has a water softener because my water is extremely hard for drinking water being at 330ppm General Hardness. So Calcium and Magnesium is high. The water softener replaces Ca and Mg ions with sodium chloride so there should be more...
  18. Fish
    Came home today to find one of my Otto's floating with red marks on its side. The Otto's are fine I have a 10gallon planted tank with 2 Juli Cory's,a Betta,2 Otto's and a few glowlight tetras
  19. Florida
    I have one of my female bettas that was in a sorority and ended up getting kicked out of her domain. The other girls are a little bit more active than her so I had to separate her in hopes of finding her a new home. She is very beautiful but has become a little skittish and I am working on...
  20. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi everyone! I’m very new to this and I decided I wanted to do a 10 gallon planted betta aquarium. I did all the research I thought I needed to do but alas it turns out nothing is straight forward so I need some help. I set up my tank 1 week ago with some moneywort, Anubias, Cryptocyne...
1-20 of 305 Results