The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 72 Results
  1. Aquascaping
    Is this a decent hardscape for a shrimp tank? I haven’t previously put thought into the hardscape, because I only used stone, but for this one I wanted to use wood. Should I add some rocks, or rearrange the wood? Also do I need to boil and soak spider wood?
  2. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    I'm planning on making a nano shrimp tank, roughly 25cm x 25cm x 25cm, equating to roughly 4.1 gallons. However besides shrimp as a main animal, I have little ideas for the hardscape and no ideas for the plants. I also don't know if this should be filterless or not because of the small size. I...
  3. Aquascaping
    I'm not sure if this is a dark start issue or a hardscape issue. But I am on week 3 now and the smell is brutal. Its very had to define. My hardscape consists of Black Forest Wood (can be found on aquaforestaquarium if a visual is needed) and North Black Stone (same site). I have had very...
  4. Aquascaping
    hello does anyone know how i could break hakkai stone into smaller pieces its a pretty hard rock so i dont know what i can use to break it. thanks
  5. Aquascaping
    Hello, First time posting, however I've been gleaning off this site for a while now. I used to keep tanks (both freshwater and saltwater) several years ago and then got out of the hobby. I'm now in the process of planning of 20L low tech planted setup. I've read many conflicting things on how...
  6. Plants
    Can I plant Eriocaulon by glueing in hardscape (ex. rock/wood)?
  7. Aquascaping
    Hi, I really enjoyed that forum, and would like to share setting up my first planted tank 150x50x70H First hardscape, what do you think? what would you change? Where did I succeed, what did it do wrong? Thank
  8. Aquascaping
    Hello, this is my first aquascape, and I would appreciate your feedback. Something seems off, so I've included a couple ideas. However, feel free to deviate from my points. Top half seems too empty More soil to raise the rocks? Add more rocks? The wood on the right side seems off Too much...
  9. Low Tech Forum
    Hi all, I am a vivarium-ist who decided to try my hand at fish and planted tanks. Thought I would post some pics of my first hardscape. It's an 11.4 gallon tank with ADA Amazonia, and I plan to plant it fairly heavily with carpeting plants up front, a lot of epiphytes on the driftwood and stems...
  10. Aquascaping
    Hey everyone! Been reading up on this forum for some time and it's time to start up my 75 gallon high tech tank! Starting off is the hardscape! Any tips or advise is greatly appreciated!
  11. Aquascaping
    Hello everyone, hope yall safe and healthy! I am new to this forum but been a hobbyist for years. I'm designing an aquarium for my sis and her kids since they're sick of their 40$ 2gallon Walmart tank. I have an ADA 60p 17 gallon 24x12" tank set up. Thanks for your time and votes! Here's...
  12. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello, Here's my new hardscape. I'm looking for plant suggestions. I'm pretty set on using rotala rotundofolia, Rotala H'ra in the background. With some Proserpinaca palustris in the middle to break the color with another tint. I might be missing some green though? Otherwise, I'm stuck with...
  13. Low Tech Forum
    Hello Everyone! This is my first post here and my first ever planted tank! I'm enjoying the process of learning and understanding the world of planted tanks. I just planted this tank a little over a week ago, but I do have new growth on all the plants already (which is very exciting)...
  14. Aquascaping
    First time doing a Forest Scape style tank, and thought I should get some feedback before filling. Any suggestions are welcome! I plan on stocking this with some Coral Moss, fissidens moss, hygrophila pinnatifida, Anubias nano petite, buce, and some crenata.
  15. Substrate
    I may be new to planted tanks, but I'm not new to rocks. I majored in geology and I've noticed that most "aquarium safe rocks" lists are somewhat... limiting. I have seen a lot of conflicting information, and I think it largely comes down to two mindsets: Some people ONLY recommend inert rocks...
  16. Aquascaping
    I plan on removing the large branch that I marked with red Xs. The pieces marked with blue dots were added and can be moved/removed. Should I add more rocks or branches anywhere? I plan on adding small skinny, flexible branches as roots in the final setup, making them look like they're growing...
  17. Aquascaping
    Hello all! I am new to the forum and would like some constructive criticism on how I should scape my 55 gallon (48x12x21). I have two ideas so far but it just seems like I'm not happy with either. My initial idea was to have two branches pieces of driftwood which you will see drawn in red, with...
  18. Aquascaping
    Any feedback on my hardscape/ideas for softscape is welcome. I have used found beach rock from Sydney and Aquasoil. The tank is 50L (13Gal). I plan on planting it heavily with a range of micro leaf carpeting plants, mosses, and taller stem plants along the rear and sides of the tank. This tank...
  19. New Member Introductions
    Hey guys, My name is Peter aka xRepto. I just recently set-up my first actual aquascape. I don't know if I'm allowed to link videos of my own here, but this is my first video of my setup atm I still have more episodes coming out. Let me know what y'all think? >:)
1-19 of 72 Results