The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 36 Results
  1. Tank Journals
    Summary Tore down my old 12 gallon setup last week, just starting rebuild. I recently moved into a new place, and am setting up a new tank design! My goal is to see good plant growth, then introduce a small schooling fish and possibly RCS. My last build housed my cardinal tetras, I'm not set on...
  2. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hi all, This is my first post, so hello!!! I'm Ollie. 22 and living in London, I work in the film industry and recently decided to get my first tank. As mentioned, I'm relatively new to both aqua scaping and fish keeping. I purchased a 6 gal Fluval edge back in February and introduced 6 Male...
  3. Planted Nano Tanks
    I've just set up my first planted tank (first tank ever actually) and wanted to make sure everything is right. I changed the lighting for the unit that comes with the 46L Edge. I have my ammonia, Excel, water conditioner, planted it all and have it all ready, only to realise I maybe should...
  4. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    So a friend gave me FOR FREE a Fluval Edge 6g tank kit... Including everything I need to start my own tank! Score! (He complained it was too "dirty", 15 minutes of scrubbing later I got it to look brand new :) ) I haven't done a planted tank in a couple of years, and I figure it's time to get...
  5. General Planted Tank Discussion
    Hello, I have a planted Fluval Edge 6g tank and have just recently started diffusing CO2 into it. I have Finnex Ray 2 in addition to the stock lighting and the Fluval CO2 indicator. I'm wondering if you have to consistently diffuse CO2 into the tank while the lights are on? Right now, I run CO2...
  6. Tank Journals
    Hi all, So after waiting (not so) patiently for 3+ months after first seeing the Fluval Edge 6G, I was pleased to open one on Christmas morning, courtesy of my lovely (and extremely patient) wife. I've never owned an aquarium before this, but as the father of an 18-month-old toddler and with a...
  7. Planted Nano Tanks
    We are setting up our very first tank - a Fluval Edge 46 litre (the taller one on an Askoll Pure medium white stand) and need some advice on planting please! We have tap water that is rated as "very hard" 18.062 dh with a reading of 7.6 ph to 8.2 (tested after leaving the water 24 hours in a...
  8. Tank Journals
    We got our tank on April 22. We put in sand, 5 plants (one of which has been removed because it was all sad and dying, the other 4 are doing fine) and a bit of driftwood. Sometime shortly after we added gravel to go on top of the sand. On may 7 I noticed that we had snails. yay snails..... I...
  9. Planted Nano Tanks
    Hi there everyone. I was hoping for some advice. I have a planted fluval edge, and I really want to improve the lighting situation. I plan to do this with a light bar over the top. I was wondering what advice you guys have on selection. I am dosing excel, and have a clean up crew of otos and...
  10. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I'm getting a collection of CO2 bubbles trapped up against the top glass of my Fluval Edge. Does anyone have any advise on how to fix this. I've lowered the water level to be below the top glass line....but that just defeats the purpose of having that cool top glass.
  11. Equipment
    Hi, sorry if this has been brought up before, im new and for the life of me cant figure out how to search the old threads. Anyway, that brings me to this.... I have a Fluval Edge 12g tank with an eheim ecco pro 200 (obviously with the flow turned down) and i am interested in getting the heater...
  12. Plants
    Can anybody identify the plants in this picture? It's an advertisement for the fluval edge 23L I believe, and the plants are a quite beautiful :) Thanks!
  13. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I have a planted Fluval Edge with some drift wood, a few Red Cherry Shrimp and a wild snail that appeared one day. I added 5 CPDs a few days ago and they did their characteristic hide-in-the-greenery thing. For such a small tank, somehow they pretty much disappeared whenever I entered the...
  14. Planted Nano Tanks
    his is what I am thinking of. When I started in this forum, I was planning on a 20L But the Nanos attracted me more and more. I then figured I would have to go with a 10 gallon, because I want Cardinals BUT I AM SMITTEN WITH THE FLUVAL. So here is what I am thinking. I will go with a 6...
  15. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I have one of the original Fluval Edge aquariums. It has been beautifully planted for years now but it's time to rescape it. I had upgraded the lights to MR11 or MR16 lights but I'm tired of them falling out and into the water. I'm thinking about buying the new 42 LED fixture from Hagen...
  16. Tank Journals
    i'm not quite sure what i am doing with the tank… so comment/advices are welcome :bounce: the tank as it is now top view 18/07/2012 : # rescaping and tried to bring down the PH by replacing stones with driftwood. unfortunately, the PH remains the same but the is now filled with tannin # java...
  17. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I started a week ago with an emerge setup fluval edge with 19w cfl plus 1 10w stock halogen. 10hr a day Substrate Eco-complete bottom layer and activ-flora on top API root-tabs (saturated but dried up with towel paper I planted by group of 2-4 (took me about 2 hrs but i didnt mind) Within a...
  18. Low Tech Forum
    Hey all, I've been lurking on these forums for a while and finally decided to join today to get some advice about starting a planted aquarium. I recently bought a Fluval Edge 6 gallon aquarium (the newer 18 LED light version) on sale. I'm planning on setting it up in a couple of months when I...
  19. Plants
    OK, so I have a fluval edge. Already that is a huge challenge for many things. I have done DIY light mod, simply changed the bulbs for 2x LED 2.1W MR11s, and added 2x small LED bars which apparently have 3W each. It is literally all I can squeeze in the small compartment at the top of the Edge...
1-19 of 36 Results