The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-16 of 57 Results
  1. Lighting
    Hello. I have a 20 gallon high aquarium and looking to grow some dwarf baby tears carpet. I've read that they're relatively finicky in terms of lighting and whatnot. I'm trying to find a reasonably priced light that will do well with being roughly 15"-16" away from the dwarf baby tears. I will...
  2. Plants
    I got 2 cups of Hemianthus callitrichiodes (the cups are made by UNS, but I bought them from Bruce). They have no roots at all....some little teeny spikes of root in certain places, but 90% of the plant has no visible root. Here’s what I have done: I drained the tank, placed them on the...
  3. Equipment
    Hey guys. So I've been growing DBT for about 3 months now here's what I've been using: - 15l x 15w (13 gallons) tank - Fluval Nano plant lighting (full brightness), 12-15 hours a day - ADA soil, - daily Flourish Exel - weekly dose of NA thrive after water change - standard HOB filter...
  4. Plants
    I got a few different orders of "dwarf baby tears". I notice they come in two formats. In one, that I think are grown by the vendor, I got a mass of tiny stem plants with little to no roots. I have planted those as if they are stem plants, just inserting them 1-3 at a time into the substrate...
  5. Aquascaping
    Greetings, all - I've been trying without success for about two years to get dwarf baby tears to root. I have a 36 gallon bowfront tank with CO2 injection and strong lighting (a dual-tube T5 fixture plus an LED fixture, T5 has a Geismann Superflora and a Geismann tropic tube). The substrate...
  6. Plants
    Hi guys, I have a new planted tank with HC Cuba and UG, after growing them DSM, which I then have to flood them after a month because white fungus starts to appear (my country is way to humid and also the DW is causing a lot of fungus). so the first 5 days, nothing happens.... but then suddenly...
  7. Lighting
    I have a Current LED Pro+ light and at max power (100s all around) it only produces about 60-75 par throughout my 22" long tank. The light is about 8" above the water's surface, and the water's depth varies from 7" to 10". I for some reason thought it was producing much more par. My question...
  8. Tank Journals
    Fairly new to planted tanks, so trying to keep this simple, both aesthetically and maintenance-wise. I'm pleased how it turned out so far, the pictures are two days after planting the HC. The tank is set up on a counter so that both sides are viewable. In terms of light/CO2/ferts, I have the...
  9. Lighting
    Hello, Recently i got a new bigger tank, recently planted with multiple mixed species, including the high light requirement plants. The tank dimension is L4ft D1.5ft H2.5ft Substrate approx 3 inch Ada Amazonia Light. Light level 3ft from the substrate surface I was using 36 watt LED stripes...
  10. New Member Introductions
    I need help with planning my aquarium. I want to keep dwarf baby tears in my 10 gallon but I can't use CO2 because Im keeping Crystal Red Shrimp. Can I use the dry start method to grow a normal carpet? Will I need to use CO2 once I flood the tank to maintain the dense carpet. Light would be a...
  11. Plants
    Almost 3 weeks ago, I added compressed CO2 to my wife's 20g long planted tank, and shortly after began EI dosing. The plants improved dramatically after just a few days and the last 2 weeks have shown amazing plant growth and development. But seemingly overnight, the dwarf baby tears shot up...
  12. Plants
    Hi all, I'm in the process of setting up a new planted and would kindly like some input on these two carpetting plants: I'm aware that HC requires both high light and CO2, but haven't actually found much from online research on glossostigma elatinoides (everything seems to be outdated info from...
  13. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi guys, I am brand new to the forum, and have come across this site for reference in the past. It's been very helpful. What I am struggling is having a balanced dosing to prevent losing large and small leaves. Attaches are some pictures. As you can see, the Dwarf Baby Tears, Crypts, and...
  14. Tank Journals
    Hey all, I wanted to document and share my new 30 gal planted tank with you all. I planted my dwarf baby tear last night via DSM last night! I am pretty excited to get this awesome project going. I will try and post updates every couple weeks on progress. I will also be asking questions along...
  15. Plants
    Hey all, I wanted to document and share my new 30 gal planted tank with you all. I planted my dwarf baby tear last night via DSM last night! I am pretty excited to get this awesome project going. I will try and post updates every couple weeks on progress. I will also be asking questions...
  16. Plants
    Hi all- so my first planted tank I decided to do a dry start, not only because I have the extra time but to save a bit on start up costs (and because experiments are fun!) So I decided to start with some dwarf baby tears, monte carlo, and hair grass to see how they would grow. I'm on about week...
1-16 of 57 Results