The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-16 of 226 Results
  1. Equipment
    Looking for a set of either glass or stainless lily pipes (16/22) - I want to see what y'all got here. Need the intake to be about 16 inches long from where it curves down. This is for a 100 gallon tank so I want some good flow pushed across the top and possibly a skimmer built in, unless y'all...
  2. Equipment
    Context: I have had three eheims (I call them my husbands), and I have divorced two of them - the 2213 and 2215. Something was always wrong… it didn’t want to prime, would lose prime mid-water change (even during small ones), and a clip fell off and it flooded my room. So, over the past few...
  3. Equipment
    So I've noticed my 307 (sometimes my 207 but not near as often) has flow issues. Everything will work fine, then a week or so later there's hardly any flow coming out of the spray bar. So I tried sitting the canister on a raised platform to be higher and shorten the tubing - doesn't work. Made...
  4. Equipment
    So long story long, I got a 75 gallon tank for free with an old aqueon NEXX cannister filter from like 2011 or something. The pump doesn't work but everything else holds water well. I can't find a replacement pump online so I went out and got a new EHEIM professional 4+ 350. Cool part is, they...
  5. Equipment
    As the title states, ive got a superfish 100, it came with the tank, ive been having trouble with it making sounds the last few days. i removed the filter and cleaned it in tank water, so there is no blockage, and the only thing that i can see is making the noise, is that the ‘skimmer’ that...
  6. Algae
    So I have a heavily planted tank thats been set up for 3 months. At first, I had a normal bacterial bloom at first while the tank was getting established. The cycle was completed quickly due to the fact that I added some established filter media from another tank. Fast forward to 7 days ago when...
  7. Equipment
    Hi All I have this Ciano Tartarium 60 (see pic) on order and want to create a very similar planted design. However, I haven't really thought about filtration. I currently have 2 HOB filters and 1 Interpet CF2, all of which have been modified with my own sponge layers and Biohome Biogravel, but...
  8. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    So, I run an aqua clear 30 on my 20-gallon long community tank. It's great along with my sponge filter it does a wonderful job at making sure my tank is pristine at all times. But there is a small problem.... I have cherry shrimp in this tank, and it is a community tank....and the shrimps keep...
  9. Equipment
    Hello everyone, i recently got a 22liter aquarium and got a few neocaridina shrimp on it. I ordered 6 but got actually 8, 6 adults and 2 little babies, because of the babies i installed a sponge filter... I have the aquarium next to my bed so noise is a problem. So instead of getting an air pump...
  10. Equipment
    Hi, all. I inherited this tank several months ago at work, and I am entirely new to fishing keeping and aquaria. I've been doing water changes, cleaning up with a suction, etc. as instructed and doing all I can. The shrimp that were in the tank did not last long, which I believe was due to the...
  11. Equipment
    Hi! I'm quite the beginner withing aquarium keeping and always get a bit lost on this topic. Previously I've had a 20l (5g) Aquael nano tank with plants and cherry shrimp, but this time I'm going for something a bit bigger. I'm planning on a ADA 60H 60x35x45 (24x12x18) and feel unsure on what...
  12. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    I started dosing equilibrium in my tank nearly 2 weeks ago. Since then I have done a water change and added the appropriate amount of Eq back in. My water hasn’t been clear since. It’s stayed super cloudy even after I’ve increased the flow to my filter and changed the filter floss. I also added...
  13. Equipment
    I'm finally getting back into aquascaping as I finally managed to set apart a good budget for a great tank. As such I went for the ADA 120p, waiting for pre-order through the store along with the cabinet. Tank, cabinet, co2 system and filters arrive on the 30th this month. Now I'm wondering how...
  14. Algae
    Has any ever seen anything like this? Somehow, spores or bits of fibers from the moss ball started growing all over my prefilter. My shrimp love it as you can see. At least that is what I think it is. Has anyone seen this before?
  15. Substrate
    Is it a problem to have a sand substrate be just and inch or two from a canister filter’s intake tube? I am getting ready to add pool filter sand substrate to a new tank, and in planning for that I realized that with my planned layout the sand will be elevated near the intake. Do I need to...
  16. Equipment
    I have a small 17-gallon tank in the making and plan to buy a RO system (I have to double-check the tap water parameters to purchase the right one). Before going there, can I use the reverse osmosis filter only when I need it and then store it in the garage? I planned to attach it to a wooden...
1-16 of 226 Results