The Planted Tank Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-6 of 7 Results
  1. DIY
    I hate, despise, and absolutely loathe the plastic container that the API Freshwater Master Test Kit comes with. Did I mention I don't like it?! So I DIY'd my own version using scrap wood and materials I had lying around. Total cost: $0 (all scrap materials) I highly recommend wenge wood for...
  2. General Planted Tank Discussion
    I've been having trouble with the cycling of my 2.5 tank that I've had up in running for the past six weeks or so. I thought it was just bad luck, but went and bought the API mater test kit for fresh water aquariums. After getting so many high readings after a few days of 75% water changes, I...
  3. Fish
    My tank did the unexpected: I have a 2.5 year old 15 gallon tropical set up with a 20gal HOB filter (No carbon), moderately planted with moneywort, anachoris, Java Fern, and ludwigia and micro-sword (grass). I have wood in my tank as well. I have a HEAVY Bio-load. The 1-inch fish rule flew out...
  4. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    So, i have a standard 15 gallon, gravel substrate, osmocote caps deep in the gravel. I just redid the substrate, i did have MGOPM capped with sand, but my ammonia was too high, reading .25 to .50, so i was doing daily wc's. The reason wqas i rescaped too much and brought the mix to the surface...
  5. Fertilizers and Water Parameters
    Hi all, here is some info about my tank: tank: 2 gallon fluval spec filter: sump with large sponge and 2 packs of biomax (I took out the activated carbon) light: 13w fluval 6400k cfl clamp-on lamp flora: nesaea "red" hc (Hemianthus callitrichoides) fauna: 6 espe's...
  6. Shrimp & Other Invertebrates
    http://www.kensfish.com/api-test-kits.html Mandatory (will fail without): API Deluxe PH Test Kit API Ammonia Test Kit API GH & KH Test Kit Optional (can do without): API Nitrate Test Kit API Nitrite Test Kit API Copper Test Kit API Calcium Test Kit API Phosphate Test Kit Please correct me if...
1-6 of 7 Results